Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    WotLK. Can't bring myself to care anymore.

back in Wrath when I saw the "Server first" pop up I knew I wanted it and thats when I cared, I got onto the front page of wowprogess and was done with it after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Talking about where your guild ranks on your server, progression-wise. When is the last time you really cared about it?
    Very very very briefly during Ulduar, because we managed to get Razorscale down pre-nerf (enrage timer extended), so we got A Quick Shave 25 along with the kill. I believe we were the first on server to down that boss, while the other competing guilds were doing Ignis or XT.

That single fight made me very happy and made me care just a tiny bit about server ranking. But since then, I haven't cared one bit. And I never will again.

We .... have... a... server.. rank????? Woooaaa, did not know that.

Deleted
    In TbC- when people were doing ssc/tk and I finally decided to stop raiding 20+ hours weekly (and stop farming like a mad man when not raiding). Was in a guild in classic + TbC who got many server first and second kills. Had 1 or 2 guilds we were competing with.
    Since then I went casual raiding in another guild, and at some point I stopped that as well- to go pvp.

last time was today

Deleted
    Never given a shit about ranks. I just care about getting stuff done and having fun while doing it.

A bit during WoD, but last time I truly cared was during early Cataclysm

WotLK, I was in 3 guilds and it was a regular topic in Gchat.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    as a 2 day 6 hour guild on a very high pop server, it's a fun little barometer to see how many 3+ night guilds we are doing better than. We have a couple of guilds we have a friendly rivalry with that we keep ourselves near.

Haven't given a shit about actual server rank in a real sense since like Wrath, though.

Probably in WoD. We were on a tiny server, so always ranked in the top 3.

Then we moved so we can actually do Mythics. Hard to get excited for rank 58th.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    WotLK, I was in 3 guilds and it was a regular topic in Gchat.
    Yes, exactly! I miss that.

7+ Year Old Account
    This morning.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Before multiple difficulties.
    ^ This is the only obviously correct answer.
    Multiple difficulities really nerfed the prestige around raids or rankings.

But the difficulity resets in between every expansions also contribute to the same nerf of prestige.
    So personally I haven't really cared deeply since Naxx40.

Before server-merges/connected-realms, but more specifically Wrath before multiple difficulties (different rankings for 10m/25m was kind of annoying though).

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

But the difficulity resets in between every expansions also contribute to the same nerf of prestige.
    Why all the way back to Naxx40? You didn't feel BC and WotLK still had prestige guilds could obtain? Only 2 modes back then, and most guilds got to heroic that I can remember.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never. I rolled on my server because my friends were there.
    Amen /10chars

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We care were we are on our server. But, aren't pushing for first place. This is because long ago Tanaris combined with Greymane. They had guilds that are ahead of us normally, now we are normally third on the combined server. Assuming we can actually field 20 people on raid night.

Recruitment below the top 5 guilds I would assume is terrible.

Few hours ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

There is only 1 difficulty for anyone that actually cares though. Those who care a mega amount do split runs of heroic, but "multiple difficulties" is really just an excuse for casuals at this point. You never do more than 1 for progression at a time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Never.

I play because I play, I enjoy it and I don't really take notice to server ranks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..