Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    who lacks an actual rational argument.
    Sure putting in more effort than the competition is really quite irrational. I suppose that's where I should go in Africa it probably is
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    FYI: I am a pretty competitive person and have been very successful in several things.
    Yeah gotta collect those participation medals

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Honestly, the evolution of the raiding design is what killed ALL NA raiding, not just this guild. It is common knowledge, the argument forever, that NA players simply aren't afforded as much time to the game as the EU counterparts. We all know why this is. We have continued to see the bleeding edge raiding race require more and more out of raid progression. A huge time sink before even stepping foot into the raid. I don't see it changing.
    Oh I completely agree. The hoops to jump through for competitive raiding were already ridiculous and the AP grind made it 10 times worse.

I commend these guilds for basically being like "fuck you Blizzard we're not gonna put up with these bullshit grinds anymore". Maybe some of the most well known guilds doing this will finally wake up the devs and make them realize what a shitshow this has become.

I'm surprised they didn't quit after their embarrassing performance at Blizzcon '13.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh I completely agree. The hoops to jump through for competitive raiding were already ridiculous and the AP grind made it 10 times worse.

I commend these guilds for basically being like "fuck you Blizzard we're not gonna put up with these bullshit grinds anymore". Maybe some of the most well known guilds doing this will finally wake up the devs and make them realize what a shitshow this has become.
    Or they won't give a shit cause these guilds make up like less than 1% of the player base, and the rest of us are like sweet! unlike wod i ALWAYS have something to do >.> making the game for the 1% or capping anything would only kill it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Best kind of posts.
    At least in this case it's somewhat plausible. I always chuckle when I see a 10000 post 2010 join date user claiming: 'What is Paragon?' 'Who is this Sco guy?'
    No idea who SCO is or Paragon. I've heard other folks with no lives talk about them. I play the game, I don't watch other people play it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Or they won't give a shit cause these guilds make up like less than 1% of the player base, and the rest of us are like sweet! unlike wod i ALWAYS have something to do >.> making the game for the 1% or capping anything would only kill it faster.
    I'm somewhat doubtful that people are getting excited over 0.5% dmg increase, after doing few dozens of world quests. Unlike a shiny new item, this is pretty much invisible and barely noticeable until they get a few of them. People like that wouldn't really care if the grind ended at 45 levels instead of 54. 10% increase instead of 14.5%? Sure, fine, whatever.

Let's not forget this is weapon specific. Even after reaching that point, there are (1-3) other specs to develop. Or maybe alts. If people like doing this, they still can. If they don't, they're finished earlier and it doesn't turn into a tiring grind - at least to the same extent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    No idea who SCO is or Paragon. I've heard other folks with no lives talk about them. I play the game, I don't watch other people play it.
    to cool for this thread

Yeah you're right everyone else is singing the praises of the AP grind. I mean just look at the forums.. positive responses as far as the eye can see.

Yeah you're right everyone else is singing the praises of the AP grind. I mean just look at the forums.. positive responses as far as the eye can see.
    Historically forum posters are a negative crowd AND a minority of players, your point is moot, most people don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am not even slightly exaggerating. I have bout 6 hours a day AT MOST to play. I can't even enter +10 Keystone runs because of how far behind I got. This is the first time I have played WoW and not been able to catch up.
    Funny, I sometimes play 2h a day, sometimes 5h (when raidig), sometimes taking day off. And I dont have problem with M15 weekly runs or high m+ runs. I dont know what you are doing with your 6h per day but I think its hard to be behind with that amount of time.

Historically forum posters are a negative crowd AND a minority of players, your point is moot, most people don't care.
    "Only forum people are complaining it doesn't mean it's bad design"

10/10 well meme'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    If you can't catch up on AP playing 6 hours a day, then yeah the problem isn't the game, you are doing something wrong. My alt who hit 25AK ....
    That's the issue. Someone who's behind on their main is ALSO behind AK. Remember what AP was like with just 5-10AK?

"Only forum people are complaining it doesn't mean it's bad design"

10/10 well meme'd
    enjoy your wod 2.0 log in and raid simulator that you pay 15 bucks a month for then, maybe the grind could be toned down, but to remove it for the 1% is just silly.

I enjoy having things to do when i log in, i enjoy being able to get upgrades from prior raids, i enjoy spending more time logged in each week than the 12 hrs i raid, WoD was bad.

So you love doing mundane shit for hours

Congrats most of us would rather have nothing to do than run Maw Of Souls for the 50th time this week.

I doubt it is just the Ap grind. Add in the way Legendaries drop and having BIS versus getting bad ones means I bet many top guilds play multiple of the same class in order to make sure one of the them has BIS legendaries then of course they have to cap Ap also on those characters.

This all makes the game much more grindy than it ever has been for those at the top.

Yeah that's been circulating all morning. Hence the earlier jokes.
    GM of Death Jesters - Stormrage US - Daddy Ashbringer
    Twitch.tv/spartysmallwood
    Building a better community, one player at a time.

Yeah the ap grind is pretty terrible. I just wish the paragon traits didn't exist we don't need them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    No idea who SCO is or Paragon. I've heard other folks with no lives talk about them.
    Sick contradiction tough badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/6muNVRY.mp4

I wish I could be as deluded as you my dude. The AP Grind isn't fine. I took a three month break and came back too far behind to catch up again atleast till 7.2. The Catch Up Mechanics are useless. The Base Grind is too hard. Face it. The System is awful. Blizzard better realize really quick what they did wrong and they better not repeat it. They like to do this thing where they make great games then have one shitty system ruin the whole thing. In WoD it was the Patch Cycle. In Legion its this shit.
    If they had just made the cut off 34 Artifact Traits it would've been fine. The Paragon system, though I get the whole "We want you to feel like you're getting stronger!!" makes literally no sense.

I mean, I'm at 46 on my weapon cuz I haven't had the time like my other Guildies to grind. It literally would've been fine without the unneeded extra 20 traits.

As for new traits in 7.2, ehhhhhhh? I mean it would've just renewed the grind. It would've been smarter to just let us keep pouring AP into our weapon for "fun" and then refund it once that patch came out. We didn't need a flat damage boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.