Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    How do you manage to find your mouse cursor with all those spell effects on screen during raid? Scorpyron is a pain...
    If I can't see it , I move my mouse rapidly in a pattern , so it stands out quickly ^^

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    No. What are you talking about. Tab targeting broke with Legion. It was still ok in WoD.
    No? It's wonky shit in WoD, moreover they reverted to WoD system somewhere in 7.1, cuz new tab sucked even more

But it's quite good on PTR right now, as a tank I like it quite much.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-14 at 05:40 PM.

Because they haven't fixed it. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It has been made worse several times over the years, but the degradation started ~6-7 years ago.

Google Search : World of Warcraft Wrath tab target broken site:us.battle.net
    Hmm, maybe it is just me but all those results are from 2016 or 2017.

edit* I did find a result from 2011 on the third or fourth page.

you all do know there is a hold to target option under keybinds right? just hold it point at what you want, it highlights it and you release, voila, it's targeted.

I assigned it to my tilde (~) key so i can use both that and tab cycling. great for tanks

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    OR you just use the "target nearest in a line" tab targeting that is implemented in the game instead and you will always target the closest enemy in a line infront of your character. This makes it so you always get the one that you always target someone that is a dpsable target.
    I just changed so tab does this and shift + tab is the old setting.
    This makes me never target a random target far away.
    Sure its a tad bit harder to cycle through a pack if u want to for example spread out the damage but for me its more important to instantly get a target to dps no matter what target (BoS frost DK, so I cant skip GCDs really)
    I have that, still doesn't working, targets something 100 yds behind me, through a wall, that we'll never be in combat with

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    you all do know there is a hold to target option under keybinds right? just hold it point at what you want, it highlights it and you release, voila, it's targeted.

I assigned it to my tilde (~) key so i can use both that and tab cycling. great for tanks
    IIRC, by default it's bound to Tab, you just need to hold it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Hmm, maybe it is just me but all those results are from 2016 or 2017.
    You can lead a horse to water....

I see pertinent results as far back as 2011 and 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    You can lead a horse to water....

I see pertinent results as far back as 2011 and 2012.
    Perhaps it would have been better to link those results then? Instead of expecting people to look through a number of pages in order to find them?

elvui also fixed this if you use "elvui advanced again legion" lets you use old tab targetting from wod saved my life in raids

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    IIRC, by default it's bound to Tab, you just need to hold it
    maybe on a freshly installed client, i dont know. i just know that when legion dropped it was unbound on mine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Perhaps it would have been better to link those results then? Instead of expecting people to look through a number of pages in order to find them?
    I figured if people were genuinely interested they'd take the couple seconds necessary to scan a couple pages of results to see for themselves. It took me longer to write this post, which only took a few seconds, than it did for me to find relevant results via google.

Here's a couple of links from the search:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2795072948
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7415131720

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    maybe on a freshly installed client, i dont know. i just know that when legion dropped it was unbound on mine.
    Should've written "bound", it's still unbound on mine, but if I hold Tab it works fine

They've already said that they're reverting to it's previous behavior in 7.2, right? Or was that supposed to happen in 7.1.5? I think it's 7.2.

As for "previous behavior" it's whenever it was working well. I think that's early WoD? Pre-WoD? I can't remember when it changed, I just remember that it didn't use to suck.

There's an addon out there that works pretty well in changing how it works. You can have it only jump to specific target types (and you can specify different types for PVP and PVE) and also select a screen area it's locked to - so it will only tab between targets within a certain strip of screen in the very center if you so desire, and not grab crap behind you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Changes coming in 7.2. Chill...
    and how far away is that? As a ww monk i need to get up Mark of crane on every add for my aoe, but since the tab targetting is garbage its seriously extremely frustrating. And no i won't use RJW since its still worse than hit combo in almost every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    If I recall correctly, this is not a bug but was implemented as an improvement. It backfired. Someone told me, that they wanted to change tabbing with 7.2. I haveno source for that information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Changes coming in 7.2. Chill...
    What these two said,

Tbh except one or to trash pulls, I've not really noticed it, but last night in a CoS 13, a hunter did it three times, then ditched the group blaming the tank for not picking them up xD now I can appreciate it needs to be fixed, especially since it was my stone fml

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    It's just hilarious that Blizz can't fix this. For Melee it's simply not acceptable (for ranged as well probably).
    Ranged checking in, it's as much a pita but at least we can hit what it targeted as ranged.

Well, unless instead of the 3-4 reds pummeling the tank in front of me it decides to target the passive yellow foraging for food over in the corner.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I agree, this is a serious issue. It really hurts my dps on for example targetting gul dan eyes.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it's idiotic that they can't get this right. The rules are fairly simple:

1. Red before yellow (for open world stuff where there are a lot of neutral mobs)
    2. Mobs with which you're in combat before out of combat
    3. In front of the player at a 90 degree cone, then 180. Never tab behind the player.
    4. Closer before farther, i.e always prefer the mob 2 yards away vs 20.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to go ahead and parrot the notion that it's been broken as far back as Cata. Ever since then, I've learned to make mouseover macros and physically target things with my mouse, but before then...

I could move my camera and know EXACTLY, without fail, what I would target by pressing tab. If I pressed tab 3/4 times, I still knew without fail what it was going to target as it would never, ever target things outside of the pack I was currently tanking, and would actually just cycle through the mobs I was in combat with based on the order that I tagged them in.

Now it likes to target shit that's completely out of LoS.

I have however heard there's been improvements on the PTR so, I have hope.