Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Made him $15 million per year.
    No it didn't. His ad revenue did that.

Once again people really have no idea wtf they're talking about regarding Youtube.

His MCN (Multi-channel Network) dropped him, basically like a recording label. Maker was bought by Disney. Disney dropped him from Maker. Youtube isn't owned by Disney.

He can still make money just fine. Instead of Maker taking a cut, he just gets more from Google Adsense, the system directly set up by Google for people not in a MCN to get their ad revenue earnings.

MCNs take a cut of your earnings for supposed benefits like channel protection from copyright strikes/ect. I ran my own channel with Adsense for 2 years before joining Maker's smaller network. You can make money just fine on your own. A lot of people do it. Totalbiscuit, Jesse Cox, ect.

The only part of a MCN paying a partner is the ad revenue they already earned. Other than that, Pewdiepie was also making some, although MUCH less than just 50 million sub video ad revenues, money from Youtube Red, whose series was canceled.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-14 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Disney pretty much dead?

Haven't you heard? If a multi-billion dollar company does something someone on MMO-champ doesn't like, their company and product is dying!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You actually think people dislike him because he is successful, that sounds really delusional to me.

I dislike him because he's obnoxious, but his demented humor seems to be a hit with the 15 year olds.
    Do you even know the definition of "obnoxious" ?

He is a pretty fuckign laid back guy.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The fact I know who this guy is pisses me off, I watched one video and I felt my IQ slipping the longer the video went on. Thanks internet for making stupid people famous.
    Couldn't agree with this more. Fuck this loser and all his mouthbreathing fans.

I don't like him but it seems like he meant it as a joke and it backfired. That being said, seeing less of him is better in my opinion. He epitomizes the era of current-cartoon network and their wacky shows like Clarence, or Gumball or Flapjack... just really weird and frankly not very funny.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

He was incredibly obnoxious for most of his 'career.' He pandered to tweens with his dumb bullshit. That's exactly how he got popular.

Now he's evolved into that 15-year-old-esque 2edgy4me shitposter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fiverr sounds sorta awesome. Checked some of the services and i could actually use some at home and work. I will try this out.

Thanks, pewdiepie. Your antisemitic antics might solve some bussiness needs for me at highly affordable rates!
    This was the first time you had heard of Fiverr?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No it didn't. His ad revenue did that.

Once again people really have no idea wtf they're talking about regarding Youtube.

-snip-
    Correct.

What will hurt him more is google dropping him from preferred. Which is another advertising service, but with an actually reach that can hurt him. Probably not by that much, and this will blow over and he'll find better deals.

Do you know the definition of subjective?

I find him obnoxious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

What will hurt him more is google dropping him from preferred. Which is another advertising service, but with an actually reach that can hurt him. Probably not by that much, and this will blow over and he'll find better deals.
    Yeah I sincerely doubt that anything could hurt his ad revenue to any actual impactful amount other than his entire channel being shut down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I find him annoying as fuck and stupid. That has zero barring on whether I'm jealous or not. I don't care if people make more money than me. You probably make more money than me. I don't care. How can I possibly be jealous?

You can't pick people out and say what their motives are with so little information.
    I despised his videos in the past which were just tons of screeching like a girl. His ones from the last few months seem drastically improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    He's clearly stupid making more money per year than you will in a decade (most likely). Ah, I love these jealous comments on cases like these.
    Jersey shore people are rich, they must be intelligent, great logic there mate.

Deleted
    What a edgy little twat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Jersey shore people are rich, they must be intelligent, great logic there mate.
    Same logic used with Trump being rich

What an idiot, honestly, his ratio of "money to talent" was fucking ridiculous. I never "got" why he was so popular. I mean I'm totally willing to admit that's in part due to jealousy and the fact that I'd kill to be as rich as he is for the "work" he does, but even still you've got to be pretty stupid to risk everything you have on a stunt that's not even... I mean, I don't even know what to put here. Not even... intelligent? Entertaining? Acceptable? I don't know, it was just stupid.

Fortunately for him, he's made such an absurd boatload of cash that as much as this sucks he's guaranteed still set for life unless he somehow blew it all on ridiculous investments and insanely frivolous purchases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    What an idiot, honestly, his ratio of "money to talent" was fucking ridiculous. I never "got" why he was so popular. I mean I'm totally willing to admit that's in part due to jealousy and the fact that I'd kill to be as rich as he is for the "work" he does, but even still you've got to be pretty stupid to risk everything you have on a stunt that's not even... I mean, I don't even know what to put here. Not even... intelligent? Entertaining? Acceptable? I don't know, it was just stupid.

Fortunately for him, he's made such an absurd boatload of cash that as much as this sucks he's guaranteed still set for life unless he somehow blew it all on ridiculous investments and insanely frivolous purchases.
    the same reason people like the kardashians and snooky and other people with very little intelligence are rich and famous. because they get a reality tv show and for some reason people seem to like these shows so they make money. meanwhile teachers are still earning just above poverty level wages unless your in teaching a private school.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    The world is full of idiots and undeserving people who make bucket loads of cash for seemingly little effort. While those are contribute and are a benefit to society, such as those who care for those with disabilities or the elderly, for example, make a pittance compared. There is no justice, but what can you do? Dont support the idiots by watching their terrible products would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    The world is full of idiots and undeserving people who make bucket loads of cash for seemingly little effort. While those are contribute and are a benefit to society, such as those who care for those with disabilities or the elderly, for example, make a pittance compared. There is no justice, but what can you do? Dont support the idiots by watching their terrible products would be a good start.
    Amen. /tenchars

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    This was the first time you had heard of Fiverr?
    Yea. Usually we contact specialized companies for services like In Contact or Fuze. Freelancers don't typically advertise themselves, they are more likely recommended in business.

I bought this website to my boss and a few other mangers this morning. None of them heard of Fiverr either. One of the project leads is looking into it already for our needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    start paying them decent wages....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I've never understood how Youtube personalities that strictly play games got so popular. I know when I was a kid the worst part of playing games with others was NOT being able to play, so much so you got in arguments over which persons turn it is and when to pass the controller, and yet 20 years later millions of people are willing to just watch people play, rather than just buying the game and enjoying it.

It is slightly better when more people are involved with the playing, then you get to hear some conversations, but really that should be limited to watching an episode while you're on the toilet.
    let's plays are popular because people can't afford thousands of games.
    i for one enjoy watching many games, but i would never play them myself, like horror games...but pewdiepie i watched a video and got annoyed. he made my ears bleed with his screeches.