Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengel View Post
    Most vegans see human breast milk as natural and "healthy" for small children. They see cow milk as inherently unhealthy as it is not 'meant for human consumption'.

Source: live with a vegan
    Thanks for clarifying that, I was really curious.

Most vegans see human breast milk as natural and "healthy" for small children. They see cow milk as inherently unhealthy as it is not 'meant for human consumption'.

Wonders if vegans hold local climates to the same standard. For example, Canada: Not Fit for Human Habitation (most of the year). Yet, there we are!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Im confused about the definition of vegan. Is it they cannot eat meat or must they only eat plants? Can they eat fungi or a nice flagellate stew?
    I think it's pretty clear that vegans are confused about themselves. Veganism is going to be one of those trends that people laugh at in 50 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    But they are closer to animals than plants.
    Closer to does not make it the same, and as long as it isn't the same, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that vegans are confused about themselves. Veganism is going to be one of those trends that people laugh at in 50 years.
    Yeah. In 50 years we either be eating pills or soylent green. THEY MAKES THEM OUT OF PEOPLE!!! PEOPLE!!

Deleted
    Vegans are hypocrites. The majority either eats eggs, fish, fungi or other alive organisms. And it would be OK if they weren't so in your face about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Im confused about the definition of vegan. Is it they cannot eat meat or must they only eat plants? Can they eat fungi or a nice flagellate stew?
    This is made from mushrooms. It's a great vegetarian/vegan food. I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian, but I still eat the stuff. I like a varied diet. It's sold in many shapes, minced, diced, filéts , burgers, nuggets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Vegans are hypocrites. The majority either eats eggs, fish, fungi or other alive organisms. And it would be OK if they weren't so in your face about it.
    I've never met a vegan that's been "in my face" about it. You should probably meet people outside of the internet for a bit.
    Vegans don't eat eggs nor fish. Nor is it about things being "alive". Vegetarians can eat eggs and some times even fish, depends on the person. Mostly it's about avoiding pork, beef and poultry on ethical and environmental grounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it isn't meant for human consumption. A majority of the world doesn't even remotely consume cows milk in the same degree as Europe and North America. The healthiness and usefullness of cows milk to humans is greatly exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Well, it isn't meant for human consumption. A majority of the world doesn't even remotely consume cows milk in the same degree as Europe and North America. The healthiness and usefullness of cows milk to humans is greatly exaggerated.
    It's actually some evidence of genetic drift. Europeans are less likely to be lactose intolerant than peoples from other backgrounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
    Hey, I played Mario Bros!

The most consistent definition I've seen is they won't eat anything with a nervous system or derived from something with a nervous system.
    Last edited by alzoron; 2017-02-15 at 03:12 AM.
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    None of that is true.

The majority do not eat eggs and fish.

Being a vegan means you don't eat animals or use animal products. Fungi are not animals. The rule of thumb for vegans is to do the least amount of harm possible.

The real question is why you feel so threatened by people being vegan that you not only know virtually nothing about vegans but try to ridicule them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This is made from mushrooms. It's a great vegetarian/vegan food. I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian, but I still eat the stuff. I like a varied diet. It's sold in many shapes, minced, diced, filéts , burgers, nuggets.
    That particular one is not vegan, though it is vegetarian.

Most of Quorn's products are vegetarian. They are moving towards all vegan products however.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Nothing sentient basically
    If that's what defined veganism than anyone who doesn't eat dolphins, dogs, humans and a few other mammals are all vegans.

10+ Year Old Account
    A better question would be can vegans eat fun guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's actually some evidence of genetic drift. Europeans are less likely to be lactose intolerant than peoples from other backgrounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I played Mario Bros!
    Because from a very early age, we consume dairy and continue to do so. If we stopped, we'd lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Nothing sentient basically
    so not humans and not most apes or dolphins then. Dogs are OK and so are giraffes, just as long as it cannot think of one's self.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Since they grow from animal feces they are technically animal products.
    so does bacteria. bacteria also consume plants. from definition, vegans can not consume anything. A vegan from the correct definition does not eat animals or animal products. Fungus is not an animal product, it is a completely separate life form.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The real question is, do Vegan mothers breast feed.
    Yes they do. Humans cannot be put into the animal cruelty vegans use as their mantra so human products such as milk are OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If that's what defined veganism than anyone who doesn't eat dolphins, dogs, humans and a few other mammals are all vegans.
    That's not true. All mammals and birds are sentient. Many reptiles are as well. There's not enough data on fish and crustaceans yet.

But the real line for vegans is the ability to suffer. If the being can suffer, than no go.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    so does bacteria. bacteria also consume plants. from definition, vegans can not consume anything. A vegan from the correct definition does not eat animals or animal products. Fungus is not an animal product, it is a completely separate life form.
    Drawing lines is fun. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbial_intelligence , for example.

In any case, food consumed by a human does not change into nutrients but for the action of bacteria in our digestive systems. Food for thought! (hyuck hyuck).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That's not true. All mammals and birds are sentient. Many reptiles are as well. There's not enough data on fish and crustaceans yet.

But the real line for vegans is the ability to suffer. If the being can suffer, than no go.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cephalopod_intelligence

And so on. Drawing lines.

I'll look up some links if you want, but even plants show intelligent behavior, to the level of altruism.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

No the real line is that it can't be an animal. What if you found an animal that couldn't feel pain and didn't seem to care whether it lived or died? Do you think vegans would be fine with consuming it?