Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The media needs to have an opinion, otherwise any moron could do their job, example: Today Trump held his inaguration speech, he talked for 23 minutes and 34 seconds, it rained and people took out their umbrellas, <insert copy of speech here> The end.

Another example: Michael Flynn has left his position as advisor. The end.

Journalists need to analyse the news while presenting it, analysing people and what they do requires an opinion, they're not reporting the weather, even tho the weatherman can still add his opinion for the storm next week. There's a vast difference on a journalist and a court stenographer who's opinion is left out.
    Wait a minute, so many on this forum have claimed theres no bias in the media. That the media is strictly factual, and does not lean one way or the other. Are you saying that is impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Then....why was he fired?
    For lying to Pence, obviously, about not having that particular conversation with Russian ambassador.

Wouldn't it be nice if the media had this same kind of drive on the Obama administration? Does anyone know if they did some "investigative journalism" and found who gave Donna Brazile the debate questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    You're passing your opinions as fact. My criteria for a president may be different than yours. Under my criteria, this guy who is opposite most other Presidents, may be the best qualified. This President has not been in office long enough for me to know whether he's going to work well with other foreign governments. He hasn't been there long enough for me to see if he's going to give America a one-up in trade deals. He hasn't been there long enough to see if he's going to bring back good strong sustained job growth. He hasn't been there long enough for me to see if he's going to raise the median household income.

All of these things I want to see, he's going to have to do while a media hounds him over shit I don't care about, like did they start negotiating with foreign governments 2 weeks before the official inauguration. Did the guy lie, probably, so remove him. It's cool, that's the right call. The mainstream media sounds like a 24/7 conspiracy theory channel today.
    Well no, if you're going to declare that you are informed you should probably aspire to be a little less disingenuous. Such as when you say "like did they start negotiating with foreign governments 2 weeks before the official inauguration", you should probably complete the picture. Such as, a foreign government who multiple members of Trump's campaign/administration have had financial ties and interests in, and who Trump may himself be beholden to. It's not like a random country was picked here and people are just being mean to pure little Trumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    For lying to Pence, obviously.
    Then why wasn't he fired as soon as Trump found out that he was lying (weeks ago)?

Get used to seeing this video.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BraddJaff...845442/video/1
    This is Trump denying knowing about Flynn after we now know the White House was told. Incompetence or Lying? We'll know soon enough.

My take is lying. Trump has obvious tells.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if the media had this same kind of drive on the Obama administration? Does anyone know if they did some "investigative journalism" and found who gave Donna Brazile the debate questions?
    And that has fuck all to do with what's going on here.

Deflection ignored.

For lying to Pence, obviously, about not having that particular conversation with Russian ambassador.
    Such a devastating thing to Trump....that he fired him 18 days after finding out...and only after it became public knowledge.

tee hee.

Wait a minute, so many on this forum have claimed theres no bias in the media. That the media is strictly factual, and does not lean one way or the other. Are you saying that is impossible?
    Bias does not mean reporting lies.

Donna Barzile likely had the debate questions, because she worked for the network that was putting on the debate. They were probably on a sheet of paper.

The media hammered Obama and Hillary for years over Benghazi and e-mails. Let me know if we are still talking about Flynn and the Trump administration having a national security briefing in front of the public in 2020. Let me know when we've had more than a half-dozen investigations into those two matters.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    And that has fuck all to do with what's going on here.

Deflection ignored.
    How can you not see the blatant hypocrisy when it comes to holding administrations accountable? I'm not deflecting anything social justice boy scout.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think lying to Pence was what he was going to be blackmailed with?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

How can you not see the blatant hypocrisy when it comes to holding administrations accountable? I'm not deflecting anything social justice boy scout.
    What the fuck does Obama have to do, with Trumps advisor lying? Nada.

Those are my initials. I can be critical of things when we are talking about them.

Deflection, again, should be ignored. Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Everyone is biased, and honestly just about everyone is partisan. As it currently stands, I'm more annoyed with the GOP than I am Democrats, mainly because they are in power.

Most people who claim to be independent are liars.
    Exactly. We know people in here who claim that crap and are totally one sided (/cough "Independent"). I don't mind biases and letting both sides have it is a good way to approach it. The problem is that certain people love to wave this flag and then you look at their post history.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Wha........I don't know how to respond to this nonsense. If you can point out where anyone argued the ACA was perfect, I would love to hear it.

Your post seemed like another "My opinion is a fact" instead of actually looking at what is going on with Trump. How can anyone classify what is going on right now as anything but a complete failure? Just because you don't see it that way, does not mean it is not.
    It's funny you bring up this point. Failure must be defined to be met. People who put Trump in had their own reasons for doing so, but some of those reasons were jobs and the economy. Failure to them may be only described in those areas.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Why does Donald Trump's scandal-tainted national security adviser still have a job?

The Washington Post reported last week that the retired general apparently lied about his contacts with Russian officials, the argument for firing Flynn is looking pretty strong.

Pence’s team is leaking to Politico that Flynn deceived the vice president. That mostly means that only one person in the administration is backing Flynn.

Does this mean Flynn is first, America is second now?
    Lol, it's mind boggling that any of those clowns still have jobs after they spent their first week either lying to Congress or just proving their incompetence. It's looking remotely possible that the GOP might Impeach Cheeto themselves without bothering to wait for 2019.

Pence is crazy, but he's also stable (like your alcoholic Uncle - figuratively) - and must more Presidential.

I think Trump should also dismiss any government official who is found to be leaking information. I bet there are a few Obama hangovers who are doing just that.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking about DNC primaries debate, when the topic is president's cabinet, is in fact the definition of deflection. It's a lot worse when you realize that you are deflecting with a debate question, in the face of a resigning cabinet member, who lied about his communication with Russia.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute, so many on this forum have claimed theres no bias in the media.
    Name three.