Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do you not like Mythic dungeons?

Just curious why some people seem to not like mythic dungeons.

Isn't more content good for everyone?

I don't mind Mythic Dungeons. I just wish they were a bit more relevant than they were made out to be. Karazhan for example has pretty much gone to crap because it's not worth the effort in terms of gearing.

Deleted
    While I think Mythic dungeons are the best thing that happened to WoW in a very long time, they are not completely perfect.

The timed nature of Mythic dungeons is not for everyone. It creates an artifical difficulty and it can make you feel rushed. Thats not everyones cup of tea.

Furthermore, if you remove the AP grind, they lose quite some of their appeal. Sure, you get ear, but getting the right WF/TF gear doesn't feel that rewarding. Its more feeling relief when the piece finally drops. If they weren#t tied so deeply into the crappy legendary, WF/TF and AP system they' d lose a lot appeal. So the question is whats next? I really hope they get rid of the AP grind and still manage to keep M+ interesting going into the next addon.

Another thing is that they aren't balanced. HoV should reward 1/3/5 chests to keep it fair with shorter dungeons like MoS (same as BRH), while DHT and EoA should be 1/2/4 to account for their length.

another thing is the community. You can do perfetcly fine up to 7 with only 850-855, and 865 for everything up until and including 10. But most groups have ridiculous requirements, which makes in daunting for players who "fell behind" to get back at it again. While I alaways advocate to find a guild that has similar interests and getting into M+ that way, its still something that needs to be kept in mind when asking why some people don#t participate in M+. You can#t get the ACM for +15 in time when you only get into an M+15 grp if you already have said ACM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't mind Mythic Dungeons. I just wish they were a bit more relevant than they were made out to be. Karazhan for example has pretty much gone to crap because it's not worth the effort in terms of gearing.
    That's why some people in mythic NH still run karazhan, oh and its only going to be more relevant with M+
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Its not queable so I don't care.

Did what I needed to do in them and left it. If it was queable I would do them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That's why some people in mythic NH still run karazhan, oh and its only going to be more relevant with M+
    I never said they weren't relevant. I said Blizzard made them out to be more relevant than they are. Of course people are still running Karazhan but I'm seeing way less groups these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Not every piece of content needs to be queue able but in 7.2 base Mythic is being added to LFD if I recall along with HC Karazhan.

Deleted
    Because they are boring. Haven't done a mythic instances for the past 2 or 3 month. Fuck these snoozefest dungeons

I love them. Our group is pretty casual raiding at two times a week. There are about 8 people who are interested in playing quite a bit more and M+s are the answer for us.

The beauty of it being a semi-alternate to raiding is if you don't like it, there isn't a major push to do it.

Lots of people were complaining about the seemingly never-ending gear that comes from them, but it really isn't that much.

There is a guild on our server recruiting for M+s, and they don't really care about raiding. So many people are interested, and the key scaling is pretty good, that I'm not sure how any WoW player can hate on what they have done for this XPac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Finding a group is actually quite trivial. There is a pretty well designed group finder in the game, check it out.
    If they were queuable, it would be a catastrophe.

TBH "they are not queueable" is only a superficial exvuse. You are not doing them because you don't want to (for whatever reason), not because they aren't ququeable. because thats actually not a barrier given the ingame tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyinawell View Post
    I love them. Our group is pretty casual raiding at two times a week. There are about 8 people who are interested in playing quite a bit more and M+s are the answer for us.

The beauty of it being a semi-alternate to raiding is if you don't like it, there isn't a major push to do it.

Lots of people were complaining about the seemingly never-ending gear that comes from them, but it really isn't that much.

There is a guild on our server recruiting for M+s, and they don't really care about raiding. So many people are interested, and the key scaling is pretty good, that I'm not sure how any WoW player can hate on what they have done for this XPac.
    The Mythic + system is perfect. They told us an alternative gearing path to raiding would come in Legion and we got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Finding a group is actually quite trivial. There is a pretty well designed group finder in the game, check it out.
    If they were queuable, it would be a catastrophe.

TBH "they are not queueable" is only a superficial exvuse. You are not doing them because you don't want to (for whatever reason), not because they aren't ququeable. because thats actually not a barrier given the ingame tools.
    They are going to be added to the queues in 7.2 apparently. Also base Mythic is piss easy. It's the new heroic. Would be no catastrophes at all. 820 groups were running them fine at the start.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-14 at 09:07 PM.

I don't mind them, but I dislike that story is put being non-queueable content. I don't see the wisdom in making some story accessible only through a means which requires more focus on mechanics and playing your character and hurrying through than being able to look around and listen to the in-game music and sound as it plays out.

It seems like bad design both for the story-focused player, and for the progression-focused players they are saddled with who just want to clear the dungeon. At least in LFD the difficulty is such that you aren't as critical to the party's success.

Then there's the matter of them putting traditionally queueable questlines and achievements behind the Mythic banner, which wouldn't suck AS bad if they weren't ALSO increasing the difficulty of the Mythics in 7.2, and hadn't put time-limited rewards behind them.

I much prefer queueing and doing my own thing while I wait to sitting in the group finder trying to get a group, but failing that I am more interested in the story than I imagine most people doing Mythics are, which makes this system of exclusive content more annoying. At least they are being made queueable in 7.2 and the new dungeon being Heroic from the get-go suggests they've learned a lesson here, but still. Who knows if Kara will lose out on content in the splitting? And I still need to do the attunement chain for that lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Because they are boring. Haven't done a mythic instances for the past 2 or 3 month. Fuck these snoozefest dungeons
    Please tell us more about how you can 3-chest +15s with ease daily.

I do like them. The problem, with all repeat content, is that I've already seen more than enough of said dungeons. Time for some new ones, hopefully they add a few more mid-expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I don't mind them, but I dislike that story is put being non-queueable content. I don't see the wisdom in making some story accessible only through a means which requires more focus on mechanics and playing your character and hurrying through than being able to look around and listen to the in-game music and sound as it plays out.

It seems like bad design both for the story-focused player, and for the progression-focused players they are saddled with who just want to clear the dungeon. At least in LFD the difficulty is such that you aren't as critical to the party's success.

Then there's the matter of them putting traditionally queueable questlines and achievements behind the Mythic banner, which wouldn't suck AS bad if they weren't ALSO increasing the difficulty of the Mythics in 7.2, and hadn't put time-limited rewards behind them.

I much prefer queueing and doing my own thing while I wait to sitting in the group finder trying to get a group, but failing that I am more interested in the story than I imagine most people doing Mythics are, which makes this system of exclusive content more annoying. At least they are being made queueable in 7.2 and the new dungeon being Heroic from the get-go suggests they've learned a lesson here, but still. Who knows if Kara will lose out on content in the splitting? And I still need to do the attunement chain for that lore.
    This doesn't sound like an issue with the M+ system, but with the not being able to queue for regular mythics.. which IIRC is being fixed?

Is there anything in the game locked behind actual +'s (not mythic regs) other than aesthetics? I don't think so but I may have missed something.

Anything Story wise can be done on a difficulty without a timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post

Except base mythic (where this story stuff takes place) is not timed, so your point is wrong. Also, why do so many people seem to forget that this is an MMO. MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. Meaning you probably will at some point or another have to communicate and coordinate with others. This isn't fucking Skyrim, folks.

I like mythic dungeons, I don't particularly like M+(but some people do), but the main issue is how many damn times you have to repeat them for AP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Boyinawell View Post
    This doesn't sound like an issue with the M+ system, but with the not being able to queue for regular mythics.. which IIRC is being fixed?

Is there anything in the game locked behind actual +'s (not mythic regs) other than aesthetics? I don't think so but I may have missed something.

Anything Story wise can be done on a difficulty without a timer.
    I don't understand the huge demand for a "queue" system for Mythics, as it already exists. The only difference is the LFD tool removes the need to browse for groups. It's still a queue system, in that you queue for a group that is forming, and they decide if they want to take you. In LFD you just click a button and afk and you're stuck with whatever shitbads you get grouped with. In heroics, this most likely can't affect the success of the group overall, wereas in Mythic or Mythic+, it very well could.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    I don't understand the huge demand for a "queue" system for Mythics, as it already exists. The only difference is the LFD tool removes the need to browse for groups. It's still a queue system, in that you queue for a group that is forming, and they decide if they want to take you. In LFD you just click a button and afk and you're stuck with whatever shitbads you get grouped with. In heroics, this most likely can't affect the success of the group overall, wereas in Mythic or Mythic+, it very well could.
    I personally don't either since we have the Premade Finder for making our own groups. Although if base Mythic did come to LFD I wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I personally don't either since we have the Premade Finder for making our own groups. Although if base Mythic did come to LFD I wouldn't care.
    Agreed. Base mythic is a stepping stone to gearing alts now, which I've been doing a lot of recently. There have been times I've wished I could queue for a base Mythic on my alt because even though I know the dungeons better than the back of my hand, typical party leaders wouldn't invite an 840 ilvl DPS to their base mythic group because people want to do speedruns only these days. That's their right, not complaining about that. But it makes base mythics significantly harder to get into without being carried through by guildies.

I mean warforged and titanforged farming is a lot better than just farming dungeons on the off chance that the 1 epic item that drops off the last boss does actually drop. in the past that was all there was 1 item that probably won't drop and is probably only useful for 1 person.

I think its great that there is a scaling challenge for 5 man groups, I do think the keystones should be randomized so not everyone gets the same affixes every week, it would be more varied if every time you upgrade a key it rolls different affixes. having the same affix on every key all week is boring especially when you get shit combos like this week teeming necrotic pfft..

the timed element does turn the whole thing into a rush rush rush, no time to stop and smell the roses.