Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If the police shot them dead for not complying would I have been right in rioting and robbing a 7-11 and electronics store in the town?

While I do agree they were stupid, pretty sure most of the riots from people police shot were just as if not more retarded.
    Well, it was mostly a tongue in cheek comment. I didn't really want the cops to kill them. With that said, if you are also a Govt hating, open carry fan, I think you can work in a riot to show your protest. Though the Govt hating, open carry types are normally more into stand offs and sieges than riots and looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, it was mostly a tongue in cheek comment. I didn't really want the cops to kill them. With that said, if you are also a Govt hating, open carry fan, I think you can work in a riot to show your protest. Though the Govt hating, open carry types are normally more into stand offs and sieges than riots and looting.
    evidence to back this up, or is this more "tongue in cheek"?

I don't necessarily have anything against open carry but I really don't see why people need to bring their big guns when going to supermarket etc. I understand it is their right but it doesn't require that much brainpower to understand that some people aren't too comfortable with people walking around with their guns in such places.

The guys in this instance were probably dropped on their heads as embryos.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-02-14 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I don't necessarily have anything against open carry but I really don't see why people need to bring their big guns when going to supermarket etc. I understand it is their right but it doesn't require that much brainpower to understand that some people aren't too comfortable with people walking around with their guns in such places.

The guys in this instance were probably dropped on their heads as embryos.
    while i agree, hes not smart, ill say that shopping is one of the places people should carry most. in CONCEAL carry cases it has thwarted many robberies. open carry shopping ill agree with. just doesnt have the same effect in my personal opinion. i dont worry about people that open personally, because i myself conceal carry. just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    evidence to back this up, or is this more "tongue in cheek"?
    Back what up? The Govt hating Open Carry fans? I was thinking in terms of the Clive Bundys, Branch Davidians (Waco), The Oregon boys, Ruby ridge. Granted that's less about open carry guys and more Govt hating guys, I just like to lump them in together for dramatic effect.

while i agree, hes not smart, ill say that shopping is one of the places people should carry most. in CONCEAL carry cases it has thwarted many robberies. open carry shopping ill agree with. just doesnt have the same effect in my personal opinion. i dont worry about people that open personally, because i myself conceal carry. just me.
    I totally agree on concealed carry, my main point which I may not have presented too clearly is that walking around in public with a shotgun or a rifle may not necessarily make other people feel safe. A concealed firearm wouldn't create the same aura of unease since it isn't readily visible.

Mind you I am not American and I do not live in the states so I can't speak for the overall mindset of the average american on that one.

ok show of hands would anyone have found it a misuse of force if the cops had shot these guys?

Back what up? The Govt hating Open Carry fans? I was thinking in terms of the Clive Bundys, Branch Davidians (Waco), The Oregon boys, Ruby ridge. Granted that's less about open carry guys and more Govt hating guys, I just like to lump them in together for dramatic effect.
    Well it's the same thing. The open carry guys go out to terrorize people into baiting confrontations with police.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Well it's the same thing. The open carry guys go out to terrorize people into baiting confrontations with police.
    Maybe, I'm OK with most open carry folks. The ones that want to walk around with assault rifles, I think are a bit extreme. I prefer the conceal carry guys more, they like to be discreet about it.

which is all you have, "dramatic effect". you listed 3 different types of people trying to lump them into something. a FEW examples spanning 30 years and that creates the facts amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I totally agree on concealed carry, my main point which I may not have presented too clearly is that walking around in public with a shotgun or a rifle may not necessarily make other people feel safe. A concealed firearm wouldn't create the same aura of unease since it isn't readily visible.

Mind you I am not American and I do not live in the states so I can't speak for the overall mindset of the average american on that one.
    ill agree with it CAN make people uncomfortable, but i think thats because society sees guns as just for killing people in mass shootings. if the way it was viewed was different i dont think that many people would care.

ill agree with it CAN make people uncomfortable, but i think thats because society sees guns as just for killing people in mass shootings. if the way it was viewed was different i dont think that many people would care.
    Like the way it's viewed in Somalia or some other country where it is normal to walk around with a rifle strapped on?

You do realize what you're saying right? In a sane world it's never going to be normal because it's never going to be sensible to do so. It's not guys with pistols who get this attention after all.

Like the way it's viewed in Somalia or some other country where it is normal to walk around with a rifle strapped on?

You do realize what you're saying right? In a sane world it's never going to be normal because it's never going to be sensible to do so. It's not guys with pistols who get this attention after all.
    it WAS sensible and normal about little more than 100 years ago...in AMERICA...we have created the cultural problem demonizing the instrument instead of the people utilizing them.

it WAS sensible and normal about little more than 100 years ago...in AMERICA...we have created the cultural problem demonizing the instrument instead of the people utilizing them.
    What would someone utilize it for in a city? Aside from a mass shooting of course.

What would someone utilize it for in a city? Aside from a mass shooting of course.
    so are we talking population to make the rule or actual land mass? cause MOST population is in cities. MOST land is open...what are you getting at here?

so are we talking population to make the rule or actual land mass? cause MOST population is in cities. MOST land is open...what are you getting at here?
    What are you getting at?

if you are making rules on DENSITY of population, then we have a SHIT TON of legislation that doesnt make sense. if we are making rules on the available land mass per person, then we have a SHIT TON of legislation that doesnt make sense. you say it is not needed in a city. i understand what you are saying. if you make this a FEDERAL law, it effects everyone. including the people not in large cities. if we DONT make legislation for certain aspects of "scary gun open carry", because in a town with a population of 12, you will see it CONSTANTLY in larger cities. what im getting at is federal level. im just wondering where you are saying it isnt necessary, and if you are proposing something to the same.

which is all you have, "dramatic effect". you listed 3 different types of people trying to lump them into something. a FEW examples spanning 30 years and that creates the facts amirite?
    I'm not sure what you are on about. It's not like I'm trying to present arguments against open carry. So relax there bro, it's not really that serious of an issue.

Deleted
    Pardon my European ignorance but what's the point of having your gun like that if you aren't planning to use it (specially in an urban area)? Is this a dick size measuring thing? Inferiority complex? Showing off?

I'm not sure what you are on about. It's not like I'm trying to present arguments against open carry. So relax there bro, it's not really that serious of an issue.
    coulda fooled me....you may not be against open carry, but your quote here sure gives the impression of an implied meaning of some kind.

- - - Updated - - -

you were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Pardon my European ignorance but what's the point of having your gun like that if you aren't planning to use it (specially in an urban area)? Is this a dick size measuring thing? Inferiority complex? Showing off?
    Silly Euro! There is no one size fits all answer on this. I could see this being handy during hunting season and maybe you're in town and showing off your weapons. Maybe there is a gun show in town and you want to walk around with your weapon for it. Outside of some exceptions, there really isn't much need to walk around town with an AK or AR-15 slung over your shoulder, other than the "Because I can factor" which is fun at first, but wears off after your shoulder gets tired

I'm a pro gun person myself, though I don't own any guns as I live in a safe neighborhood and I don't hunt. So while I enjoy going home to the farm and murdering innocent birds and groundhogs, I just don't have much of a need for a weapon in general and while I wouldn't mind having a MP-5 for home defense, still not a very practical choice.

coulda fooled me....you may not be against open carry, but your quote here sure gives the impression of an implied meaning of some kind.

you were saying?
    Well, it was a Plus, not an Or statement "Govt hating+ open carry" Granted, now that I say it, I really meant "Gun toting", which is a lot like open carry, but I guess I can see where it seems like I'm targeting open carry. I'll work on my wording more.

Still in context to what I said to puremallace, he would have the right to riot and loot, but Govt hating open carry people are more into standoffs and sieges. So is it your assertion that, Govt hating Open carry people are really more into Looting and rioting? I'll concede that point to you if it makes things better

At the same time, I am suspicious of open carry folks who choose assault rifles for their weapon of choice. Just can't think of any practical need for an assault rifle while strolling through the mall. At least with a side arm, it's out of the way
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-02-15 at 01:27 AM.