Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    First, Most Islamic Terrorists never stand trial and those that do don't claim insanity. They are proud of what they have done.

Second, to be found not guilty due to insanity you have to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

Third, If you are found not guilty due to insanity you are then placed in a mental hospital for an undefined period of time. You are only released when it is deemed that you are no longer a threat to society.
    So what happens when he stops taking his meds and kills someone again? Do they do another 10 years then let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except he was required to return where *gasp* they forced him to take his meds as a daily ritual. There's nothing forcing him to take them now.
    No, i dont think you realize this, but that kind of medication is not every couple of days. Its daily, all the time. Him coming back there was not for taking his meds, he would have taken them on his own, thats why he was eventually let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Glad to know murder is only a 10 year sentence if you happen to be messed in the head. I guess that's why the joker always gets out.
    you do understand that people committed due to an insanity plea are held until they are deemed fit to return to society safely. now while i would support some form of continued monitoring to make sure he takes his meds keeping him locked up forever when he is no longer a danger is just pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    you do understand that people committed due to an insanity plea are held until they are deemed fit to return to society safely. now while i would support some form of continued monitoring to make sure he takes his meds keeping him locked up forever when he is no longer a danger is just pointless.
    Because if the one thing stopping him eating people is his meds, he should be FORCED to take them.

AHe has been under treatment for nearly a decade. The attack happened in 2008.
    I should rephrase that - he should be under treatment until rehabilitated or 'repaired'.

The upside of getting treatment, is you don't go to prison - the down side is, you stay there until you are better.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You cannot be persecuted for a crime twice? His medication and his decade under psychiatric supervision is the result of the first trial?
    His crime is still left unanswered. He was in the ward for severe mental illness. Now if he's "better" he can answer the murder charge, by doing the jail time that comes along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So what happens when he stops taking his meds and kills someone again? Do they do another 10 years then let him go?
    Once again, if his doctors felt that he was not safe to have him re-enter society...he would not be doing so now. I'm not going to play "What if".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Because if the one thing stopping him eating people is his meds, he should be FORCED to take them.
    yes....that's why i said he should be monitored to make sure he stays on them? you do know what the word "support" means right?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    His crime is still left unanswered. He was in the ward for severe mental illness. Now if he's "better" he can answer the murder charge, by doing the jail time that comes along with it.
    That's not how not guilty by reason of insanity works...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Once again, if his doctors felt that he was not safe to have him re-enter society...he would not be doing so now. I'm not going to play "What if".
    Just like they did before the attack. People like him are simply too dangerous. A week of missed meds and he could be gutting people on the bus again. Did you forget the part WON'T BE MONITORED.

I mean favourably, he would just be hanged. He's nothing but a burden

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    And idk about you guys but if I thought I heard the voice of God telling me to kill someone, especially a random person who was just being nice to me, I'd tell him to ahead and smite me. You think he'd at least question it, not just go straight to beheading.
    Thats not how schizophrenia works. The voice that you hear are just one of the effect. Schizophrenia takes your paranoia to the extremes and in ways that to a rational person would look irrational. I had cousin kill himself after only missing his medications. As far as his mother told me, before he had his medication his paranoia would get so bad he would think the walls are trying to kill him during his sleep. His only thought through most of it was that his own death was the way to save himself from it and thats what the voices in his head keep telling him. So thats what he ended up doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a hard time believing that a this man's psychologist is capable of discerning the future. In part because they were not able to predict the beheading. Why do we suddenly think they, or anyone for that matter, is an authority on the potential risk this man poses?

but he was found not guilty because at the time of the crime he was not capable of being responsible fro his actions. we don't not send insane people to jail because we don't want to punish them for something they couldn't really control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I have a hard time believing that a this man's psychologist is capable of discerning the future. In part because they were not able to predict the beheading. Why do we suddenly think they, or anyone for that matter, is an authority on the potential risk this man poses?
    your asking why people who are trained to understand and diagnose the mentally ill are considered authority on the mentally ill?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats not how schizophrenia works. The voice that you hear are just one of the effect. Schizophrenia takes your paranoia to the extremes and in ways that to a rational person would look irrational. I had cousin kill himself after only missing his medications. As far as his mother told me, before he had his medication his paranoia would get so bad he would think the walls are trying to kill him during his sleep. His only thought through most of it was that his own death was the way to save himself from it and thats what the voices in his head keep telling him. So thats what he ended up doing.
    So, with that said, explain how it is safe to let this man go out into the world alone and unmonitored? From what you're saying all it takes is him missing his meds and we could have another beheading. Who's responsible if that happens?

This is so stupid. There would be no point in sending people to mental health institutions if the plan was just to imprison them once they were rehabilitated.

Welcome to Obama's Canada.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well, apparently everyone on this forum think they're an authority on the potential risk this man poses.

He wasn't under treatment before the beheading...so I don't think it's fair to cast aspersions on the Dr.'s ability because he was not able to diagnose a patient he hadn't met yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You don't kill people for having their brains fucked up.
    I think we should.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    So, with that said, explain how it is safe to let this man go out into the world alone and unmonitored? From what you're saying all it takes is him missing his meds and we could have another beheading. Who's responsible if that happens?
    Because psychiatrist are the experts here and not me. My cousin was not lucky enough to sit in a mental hospital for 10 years, he probably would not have killed himself had he been diagnosed faster and had a longer term support until he was really ready to live on his own and manage his medication.

The person in the OP, had no medication before the event.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This is so stupid. There would be no point in sending people to mental health institutions if the plan was just to imprison them once they were rehabilitated.
    Yes, I'm sure it's stupid to not let mentally ill violent murderers loose. Better let them loose, so they can have at it again, all forgiven!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.