Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ethan and hila are legit jews, and ethan still makes holocaust jokes sometimes.
    Exactly my point lol, Hila was in the IDF. She's as Jewish as they come. But they still find the humour in poking fun at anything.

Deleted
    Nobody who knows the least bit about pewdiepie would consider him serious enough to have a political opinion, he's just a silly post-teen troll who never grows up. Sometimes he is funny, but anyone who take him seriously is absolutely clueless...

Deleted
    The irony is so thick it could write a blurred lines song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty hypocritical of Disney considering they gave us this..

this musical scene (Hellfire) from Hunchback of Notre Dame

Oh this gem of a movie that to this day Disney refuse to acknowledge

You'd think they'd be quite forgiving... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    What I want to know is why Disney thought Pewdiepie was a good fit for them. Seriously, have they watched his stuff? He's not all fluffy bunnies.

I'm no Pewdiepie fan, but he is recieving too much backlash. Alot of jealous plebs I see. It doesn't matter how you become successful, people will still want to see you fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    What would he expect to happen if he talks about the juice?

I find him about an entertaining as a root canal, but this seems like an overblown response tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pewdpie his a pirate ship. They really can't do shit to him at this point.

Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No it didn't. His ad revenue did that.

Once again people really have no idea wtf they're talking about regarding Youtube.

His MCN (Multi-channel Network) dropped him, basically like a recording label. Maker was bought by Disney. Disney dropped him from Maker. Youtube isn't owned by Disney.

He can still make money just fine. Instead of Maker taking a cut, he just gets more from Google Adsense, the system directly set up by Google for people not in a MCN to get their ad revenue earnings.

MCNs take a cut of your earnings for supposed benefits like channel protection from copyright strikes/ect. I ran my own channel with Adsense for 2 years before joining Maker's smaller network. You can make money just fine on your own. A lot of people do it. Totalbiscuit, Jesse Cox, ect.

The only part of a MCN paying a partner is the ad revenue they already earned. Other than that, Pewdiepie was also making some, although MUCH less than just 50 million sub video ad revenues, money from Youtube Red, whose series was canceled.
    Wait, this was his MCN?

Ha! As if he needs an MCN more than it needs him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I love how he gets everything taken from him for something thats completely out of context but a bunch of other famous people say "fuck white people!" and get applouded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wait, this was his MCN?

Ha! As if he needs an MCN more than it needs him!
    Yes his MCN is Maker. Maker is owned by Disney. He was dropped by Maker. Disney can't "drop" somebody from Youtube itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I love how he gets everything taken from him for something thats completely out of context but a bunch of other famous people say "fuck white people!" and get applouded for it.
    Before people start down this white knight nonsense, he barely had anything "taken away" from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    people are always so ready to be offended on behalf of others these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I was unaware he had been stripped of all his possessions and wealth and cast out on the street. Here I was thinking a business or two felt associating with him was bad for their image and therefore stopped doing it and/or stopped promoting him as heavily, leaving him mostly undamaged, but perhaps missing some of his annual and rather excessive income.
    Sure pwedpwewdie lost some money, byt he made lots of new friends!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I find him annoying as fuck and stupid. That has zero barring on whether I'm jealous or not. I don't care if people make more money than me. You probably make more money than me. I don't care. How can I possibly be jealous?

You can't pick people out and say what their motives are with so little information.
    Of course I can pick people out and say what their motives are. Is it ethical? Absolutely not. Do I even give a shit about PewDiePie? Not really.

How can you be able to tell whether he's smart, stupid or average? Do you know him, or do you judge him from his public appearance in his satirical videos? Is he stupid because of his humor, or is it because he's acting weird on camera?

I'd love to hear how you've come to the conclusion that he's stupid. I'd also love to know the reasoning as to why you can come to such a conclusion, then proceed to find it impossible for me to come to a conclusion about peoples motives with a lack of information. I can only assume you also lack information. My information, by the way, is based off of the attitude I've seen people post here, i.e their appearance online. Surely you must have more information about him, somehow.

Now, if you're unable to come up with a logical response as to why you've judged him as stupid, one can only assume you've based your conclusions off of your personal opinion about his public appearance. Why would you do that, you ask? Perhaps because you find it annoying and stupid that he makes quite a bit of money from being so "stupid" and "annoying"?

People usually don't respond to questions such as these, but if you do then I am eager to read your constructive response.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole thing was taken out of context. It's just shitty "news" companies trying to push fake headlines for ratings because they can't find any actual news to write about. He should honestly just tell people to either look into the context of the video or fuck off. I'm not a fan of his videos, I think he's pretty annoying (at least his older videos), but this whole smear campaign is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yes his MCN is Maker. Maker is owned by Disney. He was dropped by Maker. Disney can't "drop" somebody from Youtube itself.
    Yeah obviously not, I was trying to figure out who Maker was and what they had to do with him.

I think he'll be fine kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah obviously not, I was trying to figure out who Maker was and what they had to do with him.

I think he'll be fine kek.
    Maker has lost just about all of its worthwhile talent at this point anyway, I'm honestly surprised he was still with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Maker has lost just about all of its worthwhile talent at this point anyway, I'm honestly surprised he was still with them.
    They only have year-long contracts.

Its interesting. Us as partners have rights too. And I sincerely doubt that it just so happened to be the 30 day period where you can willingly leave a MCN. If that isn't the case and they broke their contract with him to drop him, he can totally sue the fuck out of them. They get some of our ad revenue in the agreement that they cover us for that particular length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Why is Pewdiepie even popular at all? He makes weird annoying noises like a baby and plays video games in front of a webcam... Where is the talent exactly?

I am even surprised Disney considered him, or any youtuber, in the first place. We're talking about a kid who makes sex jokes, cusses a fuck ton, and plays violent video games... how is this Disney material?

Disney was an idiot for considering him on the first place
    Doesn't surprise me at all knowing what I do about Disney as a company.