Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    How will flooding make the drought 'worse'?
    Parched soil is hard and therefore doesn't sink into the earth as fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    As you can see, if this one breaks a wall of water 30 foot high could hit San Diego.
    God I hope so! Just put a new coat of wax on my board. I'm fucking ready to ride that wave!

Deleted
    California? As in Democrats? As in the people who voted against pro-infrastructure Trump? Instead voted for Hillary that would let infrastructure crumble? If dam had crashed, would be ironic methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    California? As in Democrats? As in the people who voted against pro-infrastructure Trump? Instead voted for Hillary that would let infrastructure crumble? If dam had crashed, would be ironic methinks.
    Everything north of Sacramento is Republican country, so that includes Oroville. Not all of California is Democrat ya know.

Anyway, to clear up a few things...the dam is not breaking. There is nothing wrong with the dam in itself. The evacuation was ordered more as a precautionary measure. Once they fix the big gaping hole on the main spillway and then fix the auxillary spillway properly everything should be fine. Hundreds of thousands of people leaving town, big rush of white water down the mountain washing away towns and neighborhood makes for good reading but that aint happening. Now that this is cleared up, ya'll can go back to your it's the Dems fault or the illegals fault :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lmaotsetung View Post
    then fix the auxillary spillway properly everything should be fine.
    You know this probably requires covering that hillside with concrete, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    California? As in Democrats? As in the people who voted against pro-infrastructure Trump?
    You appear to be confusing "pro infrastructure" with "pro giveaways to corporations run by their buddies".

The latter will give you a lot of private toll roads built on the government dime and run for private profit, but isn't going to do much for dams or other things we need.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters