Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I see the Nazi party policies are alive and well.
    If people are killers. Inaction is sentencing innocents to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yes lets execute him for having a condition that is not his fault for having.. /sarcasm

I ask you this if a member of your family had this condition and they did the same thing or something similar would you ask the court system to have them to be executed as well?
    If he did that to a member of your family, would you not want him killed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    In most countries around the world it's considered cruel, inhuman and degrading to give the death penalty, especially to the severely mentally ill.

Mabey you should readup on schizophrenia, specialy when combined with psychosis, before you announce your disgusting ideas.
    He beheaded an innocent person.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2017-02-15 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    he spent 9 years in a psychiatric care after the murder, how is that "waltzing around the streets as if nothing happened" ?
    A man whose name is known for killing and eating another person has been released into the public. I think you misunderstood the point I was making. I'd be surprised if his presence went unnoticed by everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If he did that to a member of your family, would you not want him killed?
    No i would not, not someone mentally ill. Even if i wanted to punishment is not justice. Canada is a country with a justice system of rehabilitation. The person had his first episode of schizophrenia, which is why he went for a decade after the killing inside a mental health institution to give him proper medication.

Capital punishment does not exist in Canada, so killing is out of the question. Maximum sentence is 25 years jail time, sentences do not stack in Canada. All people like you purpose is for our country to have a barbaric revenge system. No thanks.

Its always funny to have a bunch of people comment about how Canada put their citizen at risk, while the country maintain some of the highest score when it comes to safety? I think its better we keep doing what we were doing. You can execute all the criminals you want in your country have at it. Hell you can go full Philippine and execute drug addict on the street while at it. I hear Philippine is gona be mighty safe place to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    A man whose name is known for killing and eating another person has been released into the public. I think you misunderstood the point I was making. I'd be surprised if his presence went unnoticed by everybody.
    Hes not the first person to be released after murders in Canada, there was never any incident of revenge. I think our citizen can do the part of things with a little critical thinking. This man was publicity found not guilty due to that severe mental illness episode. Wanna know what will happen in Canada? Nothing. The kid that killed the 6 muslim in quebec city will probably get the maximum 25 years. Wanna know what will happen in 25 years when he walks free. Nothing. We dont have mob laws.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-02-15 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Cue the people who don't recognize the important part of a "not guilty by reason of insanity" plea.
    I realize the thread is 13 pages at this point and this has probably already been discussed. However, I'm gonna do it anyway.

Not guilty by reason of insanity usually means the individual is insane, or temporarily insane. That person is usually incarcerated, hospitalized or at the very least monitored for the rest of their life. The nature of his crime, going berserk and murdering someone he never met in his life, leads me to believe that it was temporary insanity, which means he should at the very least be monitored in the form of monthly/bimonthly visits by a doctor. I trust the experts who dealt with his case more than any emotional response to the situation, but i disagree with him not being monitored for the rest of his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Hes not the first person to be released after murders in Canada, there was never any incident of revenge. I think our citizen can do the part of things with a little critical thinking. This man was publicity found not guilty due to that severe mental illness episode. Wanna know what will happen in Canada? Nothing. The kid that killed the 6 muslim in quebec city will probably get the maximum 25 years. Wanna know what will happen in 25 years when he walks free. Nothing. We dont have mob laws.
    I don't care what nation he is a part of, people are people. If they know someone has done something horrible, that person will be treated differently, often negatively. I'm not claiming he'll be hung off of a street lamp but he definitely won't be treated the same as he was prior the arrest
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I don't care what nation he is a part of, people are people. If they know someone has done something horrible, that person will be treated differently, often negatively. I'm not claiming he'll be hung off of a street lamp but he definitely won't be treated the same as he was prior the arrest
    Neither should he be. People are free to feel the emotions they want, but thats the thing there are people that will also feel differently about it and attempt to give him help if required or just leave him be like a regular person. Hes not the first and he wont be the last in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Neither should he be. People are free to feel the emotions they want, but thats the thing there are people that will also feel differently about it and attempt to give him help if required or just leave him be like a regular person. Hes not the first and he wont be the last in this situation.
    My point stands.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...you mean you can kill someone with something other than a gun? "gasps"

Joking aside...this is really nuts...fucker should be locked up in the insane asylum, not free with no monitoring. But hey...they is Canada we're talking about...where even the mentally unstable murders are welcomed with open arms I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Its sure is a good thing we don't let family members of victims be the ones who decide what punishment people deserve.
    I think anyone can decide that it's more than "literally nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Wow...you mean you can kill someone with something other than a gun? "gasps"

Joking aside...this is really nuts...fucker should be locked up in the insane asylum, not free with no monitoring. But hey...they is Canada we're talking about...where even the mentally unstable murders are welcomed with open arms I guess.
    At least we don't let them have guns...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I love that RT's slogan is apparently "question more".

So this guy was discharged from Selkirk Mental Health Centre, where he's been for 8 years. He was judged not responsible for his actions and given treatment for his schizophrenia, which has now completed and he has been judged not a threat. He hasn't had any psychotic symptoms since 2009. He's already been given extended time in a halfway house, apparently with no issues, and his supervision period is now up.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/02/2...wn-as-vince-li

I mean, if you believe in mental health rehabilitation... this guy went through it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    I think anyone can decide that it's more than "literally nothing".
    He's been committed for 8 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    At least we don't let them have guns...
    Least we don't let someone who should be in the loony bin go completely free and unsupervised...but hey...you want to go treat everyone like they're a friend and a good person...including insane murderers...have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You don't kill people for having their brains fucked up.
    What would you say if he killed someone next week and then after a year or so the courts said the same thing? Is there a point where we as citizens should question how laws are written and how they are being adjudicated? I'm not exactly arguing this guy should have been killed either. I'm simply saying that sometimes the law/courts don't do a good job of protecting their citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Least we don't let someone who should be in the loony bin go completely free and unsupervised...but hey...you want to go treat everyone like they're a friend and a good person...including insane murderers...have fun!
    1 guy gets released after getting nearly ten years of psychiatric treatment and being deemed no longer a threat to society vs all the potential whack jobs you got down there with private arsenals looking to shoot up movie theaters, elementary schools and shopping malls.

I think I'm safer in my country than you are in yours.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You don't think almost an entire decade of no incidents is good enough?
    The time before it was incident free and the time after it. Who's to know God won't talk to him again and he murders someone else? If medication helps his schizophrenia, then he needs to be monitored to make sure he is taking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

There is one easy question to be asked that will clarify everyones stance on the matter:

Who would volunteer to live next to him now?

Hes taking his meds and they have deemed him fit enough to be unsupervised.

Should be an easy question right?
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-02-15 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You don't kill people for having their brains fucked up.
    No, but we should. Life needs to go back to the good ol survival of the fittest model. If you can't make it through life unassisted then you are a burden and holding people back, in one way or another.

Yeah, he's "Not a threat to society" until he randomly decides to behead and eat another poor guy. Extreme Schizophrenia like that should not be allowed in public without qualified supervision.

Deleted
    People like that should be locked away for the rest of their lives due to the threat they pose to people.