Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmonda View Post
    Glad you see the light, I have. A bunch of elitist disc priests with outside help think the spec is great. Anyone else that questions it needs to "git Gud or gtfo". That's it in a nutshell.
    Yesterday in responce to Mend. Did he begun name calling on you? no. Did his response warrant name calling? If you say yes, then you say Atonement also has had the right to do so.
    How about when you called his video sad and stupid. or all the general comments against his "elitism".

How about giving me to F word, whilst failing to point out exactly how or where i have been belittling of bullying people - while i gave constructive critcism.

i dare you to QUOTE the provocation that would somehow give you the right to begin your inexcusable behavior. Even if that invalidates your complains against atonement.

I have been asking you to quote the elitism and other things for a long time now, but ignorance is bliss.

Someone tell popokolara he's on my ignore list. Thanks!������

Today at 01:52pm the name calling started. And I'll keep posting this over and over.
    Desmonda, I'm gunna be real with you here for a minute. You baited people to have that kind of reaction when you post stuff like this:

Wait for it...."You BAD, git GUD!" I am really sick and tired of hearing this malarkey. The spec is flawed, too niche and a bad experiment. Just because YOU do well in it, doesn't mean the spec is useful overall. The spec setup and prep is complex for the sake of complexity and I bet dollars to donuts the devs are scratching their heads wondering how they can back silently out the door on this spec and forget what they did to it in Legion. The least played and for good reason...the spec is simply too niche. Other healers can do just as good healing than a disc without going OOM or being a innervate junkie dependent on other classes to provide them the tools to do their job.

I used to be able to do alot of things as Disc....tank heal, raid heal, spot heal and do DPS. Now I wait around for a "BIG BURST" aoe. Its stupid and IMHO, BORING. I am finally giving up and going holy. Although I will miss the dps part (thats the main reason I chose disc in the first place as I always play debuffing/dpsing healers in MMOS) I find the current iteration to be just plain short sighted and dull.

But by all means keep telling people how bad they are at the spec, and how viable it is. Its nothing but a self serving ego stroke for a few Discs that manage the spec and love to show off. I see you.
    When you are the aggressor, people get defensive. It's human nature. You're a victim of an environment you created with your over-the-top, passive-aggressive responses to players with a lot more knowledge than you regarding the current Discipline spec. I've played WoW for 13 years (Vanilla beta) and Disc since Vanilla (obviously I would play Holy as well, but I digress), however, it doesn't give me the ability to claim "I'm an expert". Doing research, publishing information for newer players, and getting community feedback gives me that ability. Time doing something doesn't make you the great at it, actual performance and results do. Disc now is not Disc from 6 months ago even, things change.

TLDR: Talk about the issues, form an argument with data/facts, and defend your argument; otherwise you're just being a troll.
    Last edited by MendUS; 2017-02-14 at 07:24 PM.

Please all... stop insulting each other.

I do understand that people are passionate about the spec because they loved it in the past or still ove it.

Lets all agree that compared to other healers you have to put in way more effort to play it well.

Blizzard will chnage some apsects of the spec in the future because, despite it might perform on par with other healers, the majority dosent seem to like the design.

There arent many disc players left as you can see from the logs, the ones who ARE left and didnt leave the spec behind out of frustration, prolly represent good players.

So the logs are not actually accurate if you ´take this into consideration.

Theres like 11 resto druids for 1 disc.

I think if you take the top druid or shaman or holy priests and compare them to the disc priest logs the gap in performance would be much wider.

I really think we will see changes soon in some form so its easier for beginners or even mediocre players to be on par with other mediocre healers.

Sry if i cant make my point clear , english is not my native language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    I'm gonna also put down the fact that I'm not particularly happy with the 180 degrees switch of what the spec did. If I liked MoP mistweaver, I'd have played that. I enjoyed being able to triage and do spot healing, I enjoyed being a decent tank healer, and I was never huge on being an one-dimensional raid healer. I love playing disc in m+ to bits, but raiding is becoming more and more a drag, because I'm feeling like I have to fight against the other healers cds, instead of with them. It was fun in the start, but the radiance spam is starting to feel not any better than PWS was, with the additional frustration of only having that to do, and being quite static while doing it. Casting Plea is most of the times a mistake in a raid, so is Shadowmend. I'm supposed to use PWR/PWS and Penance/Smite/PtW, but not too much smite, because that is also bad. The result is generic raidhealing, something other classes did just fine for years, and I was never attracted by it.

I'm tired of asking for mana buffs, I'm tired telling my team that I need special conditions. The holy priest and druid in my team can pull just fine over 700k hps, and they don't need all the shit I do. I don't want to change my guild, and tbh I resent the whole primadona role generally.
    The most underrated post in the past 5 pages. This echo's almost exactly my thoughts on Disc and those same reasons are why I stopped in EN and now just PvP and run M+.
    I hated seeing a tank get chunked and knowing doing anything more than PW:S was a mistake and would hinder my AoE later in the encounter.
    I hated not being able to Plea random damage raiders would take because I had atonements out already.
    I hated my healing officer ignoring LW because random mechanics could delay or lessen my "raid CD" and they didn't ever want to take the risk.
    I hated having my ability to cover mechanics be dictated by how many Boomies were in the raid or sitting on the bench.
    I hated setting up a LW and having a monk or druid rev/tranq "because it's up and wanted to be safe" and know I'd just spent ~10 seconds literally wasting mana and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post

Do you honestly think Light's Wrath is a well balanced spell? Do you think Innervate is okay as a part of the healing design? Do you think tank healing/raid healing is equally valuable point for point? Do you think healing someone at 10% is equivalent to healing someone at 90?

It's really sad to see people linking hps meters to justify whether a spec is good and by implication do everything an actual healing spec needs to do. Resto shaman are generally the lowest as per logs, but is one of the most essential pieces to a good healing comp, why do you think that is?
    Disc dps utility? Disc dps wasn't even good enough to be relevant on the toughest dps check since spine. And that's saying something, because the encounter was 2 healed to my understanding, which means disc was not able to perform the basic functions a regular healer else there would be no reason not to take one considering how valuable damage was. You are delusional if you think healing is not a group effort, and the trade-offs and inconveniences made to bring disc is much greater than the other healers so much so that guilds would forgo it the one time its strength is a valuable asset.
    Yet anytime someone brings up these shortcomings of Disc they get told they're "retarded" and either playing wrong or need to git gud.

Discs ability to perform is predicated on many factors outside the players ability to control. Many Disc defenders in this thread have an unwillingness or inability to see this. These are the same guys that aggressively defended the Crit/Haste stat priority that in part got the last thread locked and the sticky deleted due to the toxicity that surfaced when a few of us asked for numbers to back up claims made and questioned assumptions. Now everyones stacking Haste/Mastery :thinking:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maseena View Post
    The problem is NOBODY EVER has proven that the spec can be so much better then the other healer specs if played to its full potential.
    If the top Disc players invest as much energy and skill in one of the other healing specs AND dont pull at least the same numbers they do as disc... THEN there is proof.

Let take SUPS or Mend .....

Lets say they are 10% better than the other healers in their raid.
    I bet they would be like 20% better if they played any other spec with the same skill and passion.
    Why think about disc purely as a healer. I'm doing as much healing as other healing specs, and doing 200k dps lol
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-02-15 at 04:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    I hated seeing a tank get chunked and knowing doing anything more than PW:S was a mistake and would hinder my AoE later in the encounter.
    I hated not being able to Plea random damage raiders would take because I had atonements out already.
    I hated my healing officer ignoring LW because random mechanics could delay or lessen my "raid CD" and they didn't ever want to take the risk.
    I hated having my ability to cover mechanics be dictated by how many Boomies were in the raid or sitting on the bench.
    I hated setting up a LW and having a monk or druid rev/tranq "because it's up and wanted to be safe" and know I'd just spent ~10 seconds literally wasting mana and nothing else.
    ive compiled some methods to help ease your pains with the spec, by addressing each point individually:

1. get good
    2. get good
    3. lmao get good
    4. get good
    5. L O L get good

----

found a pic of everyone trying to spot heal as disc:

Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2017-02-15 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting good is easy.

1. Setup castrandom macro for PW:R
    2. Setup ~8 second cast sequence PW:S macro to alternate between tanks
    3. Remove raid frames because watching health bars is for noobs and retard-proof healing classes
    4. Move DBM to center screen and enlarge
    5. Make Mend's raid damage WA's loud as fuck just incase
    6. Stack atonements before major raid damage mechanics and LW/Pen/MB after damage goes out
    7. Promise the boomies in your raid sexual favours in exchange for exclusive rights to their Innervate WA's
    8. Come to the forums proclaiming Disc is the only healer difficult enough to interest you at your level
    9. Laugh at all the shitters who wanted Disc to be more than a 1-dimensional niche healer
    10. Win

Ezpz 10 steps for any kiddo to git fucking gud.

You two have the same profile picture, I almost thought you were replying to yourself. Idk I found this funny.

Getting good is easy.

3. Remove raid frames because watching health bars is for noobs and retard-proof healing classes
    6. Stack atonements before major raid damage mechanics and LW/Pen/MB after damage goes out
    7. Promise the boomies in your raid sexual favours in exchange for exclusive rights to their Innervate WA's
    8. Come to the forums proclaiming Disc is the only healer difficult enough to interest you at your level
    9. Laugh at all the shitters who wanted Disc to be more than a 1-dimensional niche healer
    10. Win

If you think Disc has issues based on your personal experiences with the spec, and use macros to play it, that might be why you have that perception.

Bottom line is boys, you can do well with disc but you can do much better with another class which is basically the topic of this thread before it got derailed to oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    Bottom line is boys, you can do well with disc but you can do much better with another class which is basically the topic of this thread before it got derailed to oblivion.
    Clearly my post got lost somewhere in the back and forth, but here is the reason why your statement is incorrect:

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Not how that works. Here is data proving that:

99th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=99

95th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=95

90th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=90

80th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=80

75th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=75

70th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=70

60th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=60

50th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=50

40th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=40

30th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=30

25th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=25

Disc heals for just as much as other healers regardless of skill level. However, the higher up you go, the higher Disc goes. This shows that with more skill, regardless of spec, Disc improves better than other healers the better you are.

If you invest time becoming a good Disc Priest, you get rewarded. Oh, let me leave this here too, you can change the percentiles and see where Disc falls on different skill levels if you really want to:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...#class=Healers

Disc also brings DPS, which you never mention.

Deleted
    Getting good is easy.

10. Win

rife's guide to disc

1. log onto priest after managing to clean the drool off the keyboard
    2. get invited to raid after quickly completing the quest for light's wrath, having died seven times to fire puddles in the nexus
    3. drink a flask of draenic intellect
    4. apologise profusely to the fury warrior pulling 200k dps for not being able to spot heal him after he dies to a knockback on skropyron
    5. shit pants, change diaper
    6. complain because clarity of will isn't doing 700k hps, alone
    7. brag to other healers that you would 'totally do a billion hps' if you had 3 more innervates and a ret paladin
    8. finish raid
    9. bind lights wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    5. shit pants, change diaper
    This is two steps, not one. Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

Deleted
    I was playing disc priest since BC always end content.. mythic or whatever it was called in their respective patches and expansions. Right now, i am only doing easy normal mode and looking for raid. Thanks Blizz, therefore thats the reason why there are no parses of disc priest, not only because people left the game but also because they are adapting to play the class properly with.. lets call them "n00bs".,

Ahh, btw you will keep marking me as a troll but i will keep saying exactly what i think.

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Not how that works. Here is data proving that:

75th Percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=75
    Heroic 75th percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...5&difficulty=4

Normal 75th percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...5&difficulty=3

I took 75th as exemple but the ratio is more or less the same at 99th or 25th, Disc is lagging 15-20% behind outside of mythic raid. Your video explaining Disc to heallead/raidlead is mandatory. They often don't know but most of the time they don't care.
    For every other spec, Dungeon and Normal raid are training ground before Heroic and Mythic raid. That's not the case for discipline because 5 man gameplay and raid gameplay is way appart. And normal raid isn't coordinated enough. Discipline isn't facing the same learning curve as other healers.

Getting good is easy.

10. Win

Excellent description of the current State-of-Disc, especially the bolded text. Thank you! Also mention "Post endless pointless logs proving how Disc can heal in comparison with other healers."
    Last edited by Desmonda; 2017-02-15 at 11:11 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent description of the current State-of-Disc, especially the bolded text. Thank you! Also mention "Post endless pointless logs proving how Disc can heal in comparison with other healers."
    Would probably add "ignore a blue post which pretty much says that Disc isn't working how they intented it to." Yeah, the spec is "fine" for the very best, after jumping through a number of hoops that don't exist for other healers. The average player? Not so much.

Honestly, they should have killed both Innervate and Wisdom and only start balancing healers afterwards. It's far too late for that now, so it's quite likely that whatever changes they have in mind for Disc could very well break the spec in a different way.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-02-16 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic by boss
    Mythic by percentile
    Mythic representation

Heroic by boss
    Heroic by percentile
    Heroic representation

It's almost like Disc functions decently well when certain conditions are met.
    - underhealing comp
    - complete cooldown coordination with raid and other healers
    - other healers have to tank heal, spot heal and cover fuck-ups
    - encounter must favour heavy aoe/burst healing

But are trash when those conditions are not met.

Almost like those conditions are met more often in a Mythic raid compared to a Heroic one. Almost like even then Disc only works well on a few fights that cater to the niche of Disc healing and on fights where that niche isn't favoured much, Disc sucks balls because it isn't a flexible or well balanced spec.

Almost like even the best Disc players in the world would step into Heroic for their split/alt farm and suck balls. Almost like their performance is dictated by the other raiders in their raid rather than by their personal skill. Almost like you'd think the Discs that are competitive in Mythic raids would step into a Heroic raid and see their HPS fall off a cliff compared to other healers and they'd be able to put 2 and 2 together.

Almost lol. Almost.
    Last edited by Rife; 2017-02-16 at 01:30 PM.