Poll: Rate it.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Let's rate the Nighthold.

Now that the dust has settled a bit, can we agree that the raid was an overall success?

It didn't bring us anything groundbreaking in terms of mechanics but it's quite satisfying compared to the Emerald Nightmare nonetheless.

The only issue which bugs me is the lack of viable tank trinkets, all of them are B grade even when titanforged.

It's a very fun raid to me. My pet peeves are quite nitpicky and not worth even mentioning, I'll give it a 4, and probably call it on par with something like SoO.

I've only done the LFR version (and thus not all of it yet), but based on the things I can assess as an LFR scrub, I really love it so far. Visually and thematically I think it's incredible, by far one of the best instances they've ever put together, and a lot of the voice acting and general dialogue for the bosses is really fantastic compared to most raiding content. Some of the mechanics I've seen look kind of interesting, but while it's hard to get the full picture of those they don't seem incredibly groundbreaking.

It's mostly just the presentation of everything that I love about the Nighthold. The shifting cosmic observatory on the Star Augur fight was radical, the garden area is one of the most beautiful places in the entire game, and the dialogue from Trilliax and Alluriel is just a delight. I also like how the instance is laid out in a pretty naturalistic way, with side parts, optional areas, and patrolling bosses, making it feel more like a real place in the world rather than just a series of corridors and boss arenas designed for Video Game.

3/5 - because: 1. heavily melee favoured, 2. too much trash. Other than that, raid is fine - not to levels of Ulduar/ToT/BRF of course, but still fine.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having just killed GD on Heroic and moving into Mythic this raid feels like one of the best they've done in terms of encounter difficulty balance. More than manageable at first, moving into downright bizzarre (in a good way) towards the end. I love it. I do think the first 3 encounters are somewhat to simple though, and some of the trash should have been culled so it's a 4/5.

Deleted
    It's a good raid. But then again, Blizzard hasn't made a bad raid since DS - it's good quality stuff. Would raid again 4/5.

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10, but I have only done two wings on LFR..

Too much trash and and cake-boss is impossible to understand..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

4/5 I like it. Love the suramar theme.

Fav boss is Trilliax, just because of the shit he says. Filthy, filthy, FILTHY!

I don't see what's so good about it.. There are almost no fights that modifies things, compared to BRF for example which had unique fights like Hans'gar, Oregorger, Operator, Maidens etc. Krosus smashes the bridge, that's about it. Other than that it's pretty much just tank and spank. I personally find the raid quite dull and uninteresting. Sure the art is nice, but that doesn't weight up for the totally uninspired boss fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it, can't say if it's amazing though before killing all bosses on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I don't see what's so good about it.. There are almost no fights that modifies things, compared to BRF for example which had unique fights like Hans'gar, Oregorger, Operator, Maidens etc. Krosus smashes the bridge, that's about it. Other than that it's pretty much just tank and spank. I personally find the raid quite dull and uninteresting. Sure the art is nice, but that doesn't weight up for the totally uninspired boss fights.
    Tank and spank huh. You don't move or do mechanics on heroic Elisande/Gul'dan? How's that normal or LFR goin for ya :0

OT though I like it. 4.5/5 Hunters may be in a meh-bad place atm but I enjoy being responsible for things. Soaking Krosus pitch, Eli orbs, all the usual fun stuff.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I give it a 4/5

My only gripes are with the amount of trash and normal feeling a tad undertuned. When it comes to fight mechanics and visuals it's top notch

To be fair though there hasn't really been a bad raid since the utter garbage that was Dragon Soul. While raids like MSV and EN were underwhelming, there were still really cool aspects that made them fun, and they have the excuse of being the "first tier but not really even the first tier" raids.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Iron Maidens 'modifying things' doesn't save it from being a snoozefest.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    7/10, but I have only done two wings on LFR..

Too much trash and and cake-boss is impossible to understand..
    Whole strategy is "You probably like cake, have some.", how fucking godlike is the voiceover on that boss though?

solid 4/10 - decent raid , nice graphics , nothign super special but really decently made one. more or less on level of throne of thunder/firelands for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Iron Maidens 'modifying things' doesn't save it from being a snoozefest.
    Well that's your personal opinion. To me generic tank and spank fights are more of a snoozefest

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that's your personal opinion. To me generic tank and spank fights are more of a snoozefest
    Iron Maidens is a generic tank and spank fight for people who aren't on the boat.

I agree with you that BRF was one of the best raids, but I don't believe that you've done any bosses outside of LFR or an over-geared normal if you think NH bosses are tank and spank.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Tank and spank huh. You don't move or do mechanics on heroic Elisande/Gul'dan? How's that normal or LFR goin for ya :0

OT though I like it. 4.5/5 Hunters may be in a meh-bad place atm but I enjoy being responsible for things. Soaking Krosus pitch, Eli orbs, all the usual fun stuff.
    Ofc you have to do the usual mechanics that every fight has had since cata, but other than that there's not much to the fights that makes them interesting. Only fight that is semi fun is botanist, elisande, gul'dan and maybe trilliax on mythic. And ty it's going decent cleared normal and hc and working on krosus mythic atm.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ofc you have to do the usual mechanics that every fight has had since cata, but other than that there's not much to the fights that makes them interesting. Only fight that is semi fun is botanist, elisande, gul'dan and maybe trilliax on mythic. And ty it's going decent cleared normal and hc and working on krosus mythic atm.
    I love fights like spellblade too, intense and pretty demanding in terms of execution but easy when you learn to do it right.