Poll: Rate it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Confusing layout just like whole Suramar. Too much, too boring trash in the middle. I'm baffled at some comments saying "favors melee". Our melee heavy raid struggled with some mechanics on many bosses. The boss design is OK, overall it's a good raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I agree with you that BRF was one of the best raids, but I don't believe that you've done any bosses outside of LFR or an over-geared normal if you think NH bosses are tank and spank.
    I've done all on HC first week and all you had to do was avoid shit on ground or soak something. Bosses were just basically standing there alone and/or with his adds. there were no gorefiend where you had to get into stomach or anything. As always mythic is slightly more engaging but the first three were quite underwhelming imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    3/5 - avarage and mostly uninteresting raid, personally I don't like elf theme and raid colours. Some bosses are fun though. Star Augur is amazing looking encounter, Krosus is really awesome boss despite his simplicity (actually it is the reason why he's so good, it simply works very well), something similar (but not so cool as giant demon) goes for Spellblade, Elisande has really interesting mechanics and Gul'dan is kinda weird, I would expect something completely different, but overall he's ok. On the other side, Anomaly is really horrible and boring, such a mess.. also lot of encounters would deserve bigger rooms (btw I hate these central pillars in case of Elisande and Anomaly so much), the layout is also bad.
    Last edited by Spiren; 2017-02-15 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I don't see what's so good about it.. There are almost no fights that modifies things, compared to BRF for example which had unique fights like Hans'gar, Oregorger, Operator, Maidens etc. Krosus smashes the bridge, that's about it. Other than that it's pretty much just tank and spank. I personally find the raid quite dull and uninteresting. Sure the art is nice, but that doesn't weight up for the totally uninspired boss fights.
    same here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    3/5 - because: 1. heavily melee favoured, 2. too much trash. Other than that, raid is fine - not to levels of Ulduar/ToT/BRF of course, but still fine.
    Yes, ICC/ToT/Ulduar are memorable, but BRF?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    WoD wasn't called the "Raid or Die" expansion for nothing. The bulk of it might have sucked but the raids were great.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I've done all on HC first week and all you had to do was avoid shit on ground or soak something. Bosses were just basically standing there alone and/or with his adds. there were no gorefiend where you had to get into stomach or anything. As always mythic is slightly more engaging but the first three were quite underwhelming imo.
    To be fair, similar mechanics are at play, but they aren't visually as engaging as other bosses in raids past, that I can agree with.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    2/5, as a meele dps boring as fuck. you stand all the time at the boss with single target dmg and occasionally add cleave...

Deleted
    Still waiting for Augur nerfs - will not do wing2 till he doesn't doom people when queuing.

Deleted
    Think it's great, found a really good guild that i enjoy playing with.. Didnt even aim to be randig mythic but here i am.. Playing melee for the first time since start of tbc and love it so far with EN and NH. Adapt

10+ Year Old Account
    4 out of 5, from me.

I do enjoy some of the boss fights, though trash is hell, not too much, just hell. Haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Love the design, feels epic, but a few boss fights really killed a lot of the enjoyment for me and dropped the score to 3/5.

Botanist is too many re-hashed mechanics stitched together and is a massive clusterfuck, Tichondrius feels like the same, Chronomatic was a cool idea which translated to a really frustrating experience. But Bot/Tich especially really disappointed me.

3/5

The raid looks nice in its aesthetics and design, and I like the way it is winged. But it lacks great and memorable bosses that is actually a huge deal to me. I was dissapointed with how they handled Ellisandre, who is now arguably the worst boss fight. Tichondrius seemed like a random choice to put in the raid, and Gul'Dan only got his ass kicked as usual. Storywise the raid is fine, not a huge fan of all the thrash though. Its probably in my tier 3 list of raids.

The best raids remain Karazhan, Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel. They pretty much nailed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's a very fun raid to me. My pet peeves are quite nitpicky and not worth even mentioning, I'll give it a 4, and probably call it on par with something like SoO.
    I agree with everything that you've stated here. My gripes are really only minor, nitpicky things that really dont matter. The bosses are fun and diverse (Trillax still makes me lol every time). It's cosmetically nice to look at and journey through and I like that it tells a bit of a story as you journey through like SoO. Not a perfect 5/5 but for me it's a solid 4 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Anecdotal evidence, but me and almost all my guildmates found BRF to be in line with Ulduar/ToT/ICC in terms of design and overall epicness. It was awesome in lots of ways. It had average number of trash - and, what is more important, that trash somehow absolutely wasn't annoying (compare that to fucking elves in NH now, bleh). Bosses had absolutely glorious mechanics which did not require whole raid to memorize 20 a4 pages of text (again, unlike in HN, bleh). Last boss was the most engaging (and fastest) last boss fight ever in history of WoW, with no bullshit RP pauses or stuff like that. Class balance was much better when BRF was current - compared to current idiocy AKA World of fucking Meleecraft. Tier set bonuses were great. Overall itemization was great as well (compare that to the Pinnacle of Shittyness we have in HN tier, in which rarely any spec has more than two good itemized pieces in terms of secondary stats distribution).

Yeah, BRF has all the rights to join the ranks of best raids ever created in WoW. NH? Nope, sorry, mediocre at best.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-02-15 at 12:29 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Lich King (Top 3 fight ever imo) and Putricide save ICC. It had some serious garbage encounters overall.

4/5 because lore, aesthetic and difficulty balance. not 5/5 because fuck ridiculous amounts of trash.
    BETA CLUB

Blizzard can never go wrong with an elven theme imo.

I love how Nighthold parrels Sunwell Plateau. Now we know where High/Blood Elves get their pompous taste from. I really loved the entire Surumar Nightfallen story. Establishing your base of operations, creating an alternative form of nourishment. Scouring through Surumar City as if playing Assassins Creed, infiltrating the Court of Stars. To the final showdown with Elisande all culminating in taking on Gul'dan at the very top of the Nighthold reminiscent of facing Arthas at the top of Icecrown Citadel.

Giving it a 5, might be my favorite raid since Ulduar really. SoO was brillant in it's design, at first I thought it was pure recycled nonsense, but storming the beach of Orgrimmar was cool, and seeing what Garrosh did to his city was great. Past Nazgrim we see the incredible underground bunker that Garrosh created, it was great. However it lasted too long. BRF was also very good with some of the best designed bosses ever, but at that point I was sick of Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    4/5 because lore, aesthetic and difficulty balance. not 5/5 because fuck ridiculous amounts of trash.
    I don't understand this at all, with the exception of Botonist the place barely has trash at all.

Visually underwhelming but some of the encounters are pretty decent. I don't hate it, but it's not that great either.

Deleted
    I still think its to "fresh" to compare to other really great raids.
    However I do like the visual style of it, but the bosses dosnt really speak to me. They don't feel like they are really evil and dangerous - like those from Naxx, ICC among others.
    There are no bosses that screams "evil" , only tichindrious gets close to it.
    That dosnt mean that the boss designs are bad or boring, it just lack some more evil to it.
    When keeping the story in mind I know they are bad asses, but they just dosnt feel that way (to me) inside the raid.

Deleted
    i dunno 2/5 or 3/5 i guess.

the raid has almost zero lore, most of it was tied up in the suramar quest chains, which is good. But the ONE thing it had to do lorewise that suramar didn't was show what guldan had been doing since the broken shore and the answer is apparently AFK on top of the palace, which is disappointing. Elisande should have been the last boss imo, gul'dan just feels tacked on.

aesthetically it looks and sounds like the high quality one expects. nothing super spectacular or underwhelming in this regard. Would have liked a bit more differentiation from elven architecture on some bosses like skorpyrion or tichondrius.

Mechanics wise also mostly doesn't feel like anything super special, they try new things here and there but there isn't any boss so far that i will remember fondly in 4 years time i don't think. maybe that will change when i get to the later bosses on mythic.