Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Imagine if we find out in the game that she got into a fight with a Krogan and got her face smashed in by said Krogan. They tried to fix her. But nobody is the same after Krogan.
    If I thought that was possible for a second, sure. I'd be fine with a character that was disfigured as a result of some accident or battle in the past. Hell, I've made characters disfigured specifically for that purpose : P

But this just seems more like BioWare's standard fare of horribly unattractive character models, especially by default. I spent about 10-15 minutes in DA:I and couldn't even manage to get my character looking good. Found out afterwards that people had tutorials on how to make characters that didn't look like their faces were intimately familiar with walls and floors, but it was too late and I have no desire to start over.

I'm all for allowing for folks to make plane, or disfigured characters. That shit is fucking great. But for the love of god, let those of us who like attractive characters easily make them. I hate cringing each time I enter a cutscene because I'm going to be forced to look at my character from the front : /

I swear, it's like BioWare hates attractive people, or something. YES I KNOW PLENTY OF NPC'S ARE ATTRACTIVE AND SHIT, THIS IS A HALF SERIOUS, HALF JOKING COMMENT.

Bioware has become a heavily politicized company, their in-game stories and especially character designs are reflected by their political beliefs. This was agonizingly obvious in DA:I and while I cannot entirely judge ME:A yet, all signs points towards a continuation of their political indoctrination, to use a familiar word.

Scott Ryder is supposed to look like a narrow-shouldered midget with a patchy beard and a gigantic head. It's all according to Bioware's plan to distance themselves from Shepard's heroic look.
    Sara Ryder is supposed to look like a fish-eyed muppet with a bloated face. Her design is all about Bioware telling us that female protagonists doesn't necessarily have to be beautiful. While that is absolutely true, Bioware's interpretation of average means goofy and disproportionate.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2017-02-15 at 02:58 AM.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because a random on the internet is a full team at a AAA developer working with a AAA budget : P

It's not as if we don't have countless other examples of other games, including games running on Frostbite, able to create character models that don't look like they were put through a wood chipper and then re-assembled.
    It would help massively with that dead stare the eyes have if the eyeballs just had shadows cast on them from the eyelids. For some reason it seems like Biowares character model they show off there doesn't do that, despite being on such a technically capable engine as frostbite.
    Last edited by zealo; 2017-02-15 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    New screenshots, courtesy of Amazon!

http://imgur.com/a/d7fk5

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Sara actually looks pretty good in the pic from the imgur link

- - - Updated - - -

Dad Ryder has a petty long face too, a family trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    ***IMG***

Well, they have a point...

***img***

Yvonne Strahovski had a much better model 7 years ago.
    This just in: it appears that men on the internet have no idea how makeup OR photoshop works!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Sara actually looks pretty good in the pic from the imgur link
    Agreed. While the preview didn't really look all that good, actual ingame footage (as opposed to concept art) looks much better.

But even if the face looks like shit, its still the default face. And who the hell plays an RPG and plays with the default characters? o_O even on Fallout 4, I refused to play a single minute until I spent at least 60 min on the character creation screen tweaking every minuscule detail out.

Ditto for my playthrough in Inquisition. And Andromeda wont be any different.

Facial features are still overly large compared to source and players will continue to see the so called bad camera angle commonly in cut scenes.

Oh and I am one of those who use the default in games like MassEffect. I might mess with the hair a bit or deal with shitty eye shadow and that is it. Other games that do not define a default face are ones I spend time to play around with character customization.

Ya and now we have two full faces to customize. My entire first play through might be dedicated to just cc.

I thought the other twin would die early but if they were going to do that they would have probably just made the twin like dad Ryder Who just copy's skin tone.

Your Ryder dies and you have to play the other? mind controlled twin?
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-15 at 05:33 AM.

So I just did the Citadel DLC in ME3 for the first time(never did it on my first playthrough)and...WOW what an amazing DLC. Completely different tone from the rest of the game with all the hilarious dialogue, but the ending with the party and all the squaddies hanging out together was just incredible. Really makes you realize just what was so great about the ME trilogy: the characters. They were all so amazingly well written and developed.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Facial features are still overly large compared to source and players will continue to see the so called bad camera angle commonly in cut scenes.

Oh and I am one of those who use the default in games like MassEffect. I might mess with the hair a bit or deal with shitty eye shadow and that is it. Other games that do not define a default face are ones I spend time to play around with character customization.
    As an artist that has studdied the human form i can tell you that the features are not overly large they actually match up quite well to the actress. What was posted was a glamour shot where she was made up and in a sexy pose, the best she could be. Brows and chin down, make up, good lighting. You are seeing a zoomed in blank stare t pose kind of thing from the kit the worst possible. No make up bad lighting. Eyes wide open so her brow and eye seem seems larger, chin in front so it seem bigger, bad lighting brings out the nose ect.

Now i doubt you will see a pic with the actress in the same position but when you look around the internet for casual photos not glamour shots and the like, the size of her features match up. There are worse thing to do than look up pictures of hot women.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-15 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a Ryder twin does die. Is there an appropriate "Assuming Control" response?

I can't help but laugh at people getting mad at Canadian values in BioWare. You people are too accepting for my tastes. Also, there are some pretty average people in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Agreed. While the preview didn't really look all that good, actual ingame footage (as opposed to concept art) looks much better.

But even if the face looks like shit, its still the default face. And who the hell plays an RPG and plays with the default characters? o_O even on Fallout 4, I refused to play a single minute until I spent at least 60 min on the character creation screen tweaking every minuscule detail out.

Ditto for my playthrough in Inquisition. And Andromeda wont be any different.
    Her face looks too cartoony imo, it looks like it belongs to a different game than the Krogan. Asari kinda got that cartoony look to them as well, its like they can't do a proper human like female face. Kinda wish they would do an all alien(excluding Asari) game.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Her face looks too cartoony imo, it looks like it belongs to a different game than the Krogan. Asari kinda got that cartoony look to them as well, its like they can't do a proper human like female face. Kinda wish they would do an all alien(excluding Asari) game.
    Meh i repect your opinion but i see strong features over cartoony. Dad sis and bro ryder all have strong features. Strong chin jaw nose brow and forehead. I think it was intentional to help make the Ryders look like they are biologically related mainly the jaw line. The face models all have strong features as well. I cant comment on Steven but Jayde is hot as hell. Me3 Fem shep was pretty dainty. Broshep had a strong forehead nose brow and chin but his jawline wasn't as sharp compared to the ryders.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-15 at 06:51 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Remove photoshop and makeup from the left picture
    2. Adjust for different head orientation in two pictures
    3. ???
    4. You can see how she looks in real life and without makeup on the right picture

P.S. The amateur photoshop attempt is lame and got it completely wrong. Wrong jaw, wrong head size, wrong nose, everything.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    1. Remove photoshop and makeup from the left picture
    2. Adjust for different head orientation in two pictures
    3. ???
    4. You can see how she looks in real life and without makeup on the right picture

P.S. The amateur photoshop attempt is lame and got it completely wrong. Wrong jaw, wrong head size, wrong nose, everything.
    You said what i was trying to covey in two paragraphs in 5 sentences. Teach me master.

But ya that photo shop was terrible lmao.

Also this just in off of the lead designers twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    @TJH8214 Every single one is based on a scan of a real person, then tweaked. You can customize 'em, though, of course. More details later.
    I cant find it on the twitter page anymore but you can find it if you search the person he responded to

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm i found it https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/831667234103701504
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-15 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    snip
    So their point is that they want BioWare to turn their protags into bimbos/plastic fantastics? Atleast FemRyder looks like she can take a krogan punch to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So their point is that they want BioWare to turn their protags into bimbos/plastic fantastics? Atleast FemRyder looks like she can take a krogan punch to the face.
    Idk man some of those fem Shep mods have her dolled twice as much as Miranda.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    So I just did the Citadel DLC in ME3 for the first time(never did it on my first playthrough)and...WOW what an amazing DLC. Completely different tone from the rest of the game with all the hilarious dialogue, but the ending with the party and all the squaddies hanging out together was just incredible. Really makes you realize just what was so great about the ME trilogy: the characters. They were all so amazingly well written and developed.
    That right there is the best DLC ever. And its the reason I forgave Bioware for the shitty ME3 ending. I still maintain that the Citadel DLC should have happened after the ending, or at least the party should have. (It was basically a send-off, a last goodbye from all the characters you grew to love over the years, shepard included)

But I was smiling eat-to-ear from beginning to end. From the moment the merc leader storms the restaurant and bombastically announces that he and his men are tonight's entertainment, you knew right then and there what to expect from the rest of the DLC.

The hidden goodies were also great, like the recording of Mordin singing yet another song (This time, Amazing Grace) or his recording detailing how he "Broke Omega's only rule. In more ways than one". I had a GREAT laugh with that one.

Citadel for ME3, and Overlord for ME2, are IMO, the best examples of DLC available in the market. Just fantastic hell of a job done by bioware right there.

There's a reason for PeeBee's eyebrows: https://twitter.com/BioFanOfficial/s...30771181989888