Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So, new affixes in M+ and no more free overflowing

"Several new affixes have been added to the mix: Bursting, Fel Explosives, Quaking, and Grievous.
    Bolstering, Necrotic, Skittish, Fortified, Tyrannical, and Sanguine have been adjusted, and Overflowing has been removed."

We know what bursting does but what are Fel Explosives, Quaking and Grievous?

and no more free M+ in time with overflowing /sad.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

And what are the "adjustments" to already existing affixes.
    Cause they sound like a buff
    zug zug

Deleted
    After some quick googling I found:

Fel Explosives: While in combat, enemies periodically summon an Explosive Orb that will explode if not destroyed. Guess you just switch target and kill them asap?
    Grievous: While below 90% health players are afflicted with Grievous Wound. Like a bleed debuff I guess?
    Quaking: Periodically players will explode and damage nearby allies. Will be aids for melee!
    Bursting: When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks. RIP mass pulls!

That's what I found. No numbers in terms of damage or such though!

Added Bursting for those that might want that info!

Quaking: Periodically players will explode and damage nearby allies. Will be aids for melee!
    Melee have their volcanic now
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Grievous: While below 90% health players are afflicted with Grievous Wound. Like a bleed debuff I guess?
    Grievous wound sounds like 50% less healing received and imagine that paired with necrotic xD
    zug zug

Sounds great. More meaningful affixes that affect player's gameplay and how the pulls are made.

Currently most affixes are by far and large handled by the tanks primarily. These affixes seems to be targetted at healers and dps. I love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyxut View Post

Fel Explosives: While in combat, enemies periodically summon an Explosive Orb that will explode if not destroyed. Guess you just switch target and kill them asap?
    Bursting: When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks. RIP mass pulls!

Do you have a source on this?

They should make Grievous only affect non-tanks and Quaking to target primarily melee, just like volcanic does ranged. Bursting seems most interesting out of all of them. I would like to see also a 3rd type of level 3 affix to make things even more complicated.

Slight offtopic, but - when they announced keystone, I actually únderstood it as you get an empty keystone and you do some random shit and can "target" what affixes you want. Obviously silly and exploitative, but with only 1 set of affixes per week it can take a year before experiencing all combinations or re-runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I would say mmo-champion is a pretty good source :P
    mmo-champion. /content/6307-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23478

Quote Originally Posted by apojaja View Post
    Sounds great. More meaningful affixes that affect player's gameplay and how the pulls are made. Currently most affixes are by far and large handled by the tank, these affixes seems to be targetted at healers and dps. I love it!
    like what? only affixes really handled by tanks are necrotic and sanguine, everything else is up to healers and unless the mechanics oneshot, it will be same with the new ones

and on paper, some affixes sound absolutely horrific

bursting is still way too powerful, its 400k dps into the group, PER MOB, how is that going to work out with huge mob packs, that need to be cleared asap because they will wipe you if not handled?
    Quaking is like what the hell? depending on range and on visuals/timers, its gonna be either complete nonissue or complete cancer for melee and some mechanics already suck with it, like xavius nightmare bolt
    fel explosive, again, either its gonna be complete nonissue if it can be cleaved down or if it has decent HP to force switches, it will be super fucking annoying on pulls with alot of mobs
    and if I dont even know what it does, Grievous is gonna be particularly panful in all mythics with lots of unavoidable damage, where you are constatnly <90% hp...

i know, its PTR and its there to be tested, but hell, those mechanics on paper already sound like bad ideas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Googled the affix name and found the info on wowhead ptr note list

With Volcano or Quacking, running M+ HoV = many unavoidable death due to mob random stun, which can be rather unpleasant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacrep View Post
    I would say mmo-champion is a pretty good source :P
    mmo-champion. /content/6307-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23478
    Googled the affix name and found the info on wowhead ptr note list
    Oh yeah, no doubt. I just couldn't find the source myself after like 2 minutes of google

Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    With Volcano or Quacking, running M+ HoV = many unavoidable death due to mob random stun, which can be rather unpleasant...
    Someone actually does that?

Deleted
    i guess we are not going to see many high level keys the teeming/bursting/fortified weeks. i would like them to get rid of affixes and just tweeks difficulty with damage and hp so my friends and i could enjoy mm+ every week not only once in a while when no affixes that screw our particular group setup make MM+ not timeworthy for us. I guess i am in the minority on this though, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Grievous wound sounds like 50% less healing received and imagine that paired with necrotic xD
    Grievous Wound is a bleed dot. Its not a new dot, several bosses used it in past expansions, typically in dungeon content. (the spell linked does not have the actual damage values M+ is going to do, its the old dungeon dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Stuff that also happens during boss fights (such as grievous wound and necrotic) are in the 2nd set of affixes so that implies they won't be paired. Plus what Nevcairiel said.

Will they also introduce a tab targetting system that actualy works alongside this ? Or will we have to cycle trought every enemy in the dungeon before targetting the explosive ?

Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    Bleh, like anyone in their mind actually run that piece of shit dungeon in m+.

Feel sad for removal of Overfllowing, was nice having easy free relaxed m+ sometimes. Not everything should be tough as nails IMO.
    Also: quaking is good, its about time melee got their own volcanic.
    Also also: bursting is fucking RIDICULOUS. If it remains the same, I bet lots and lots of groups (my included) will simply avoid running m+ on weeks with it.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Will they also introduce a tab targetting system that actualy works alongside this ? Or will we have to cycle trought every enemy in the dungeon before targetting the explosive ?
    You would create a target macro to use for those weeks.