Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    I can't talk for other countries but in Sweden we're having a dire housing crisis(And problems in other areas) which is caused by the governments inaction in regards to planning for the future, we're not building enough for an increase in population, we do not have enough working in the health care, we do not have enough teachers and so on. They've simply not seemingly planned for the future and we've ended up with this dysfunctional society that exists today. This is solely on the government.

They're also fucking couples over where one earns more than the other by forcing the one who earns more to take parental leave, meaning they'll lose money. Some households can't afford the one earning more taking parental leave as there's a roof to how much money you get while on parental leave yet the government think it's a good idea to force them to do that.

Housing is up to the private sector and land masses unless you want your government to get in the real estate business, parental leave sounds great in the US we get zero option. Many people here in the US would kill to be able to have the option to spend time with their kids after child birth.

Again take a look around the world even in countries with none of these problems there are no solutions to modern women having less children later on in life that work. I am not familiar enough with the Swedish system to give an informed opinion but there are countries where the government is giving thousands of dollars away to have kids and their birth rate is still diving.

12 millions over 40 years is next to nothing. There has always been migration and there always will be. Get over it.

And the source says that germany will need 300k a year to stop population from declining, not that there will be 300k a year. Rightwing fearmongering and hyperbole as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You have facts to back that up? There is cost of living after all in some countries making 30K / year means living in luxury.
    30k / year doesn't get you much in Sweden if you have a family. It's a little more than double of my living costs as a single person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget that we also have an election this year, and as fake news and fear mongering proofed to be a working strategy...

Deleted
    Housing is up to the private sector and land masses unless you want your government to get in the real estate business, parental leave sounds great in the US we get zero option. Many people here in the US would kill to be able to have the option to spend time with their kids after child birth.
    No, the housing is not solely up to the private sector. The government has intervened in the past when not enough is being built, they should do so again before things go to hell due to debts. We'll have a crash if they do not due to the debts. Once banks start wanting the money back that people have to borrow to pay for the insane housing costs, the economy will crash.

Parental leave sounds great yes but in reality when you're forced to take parental leave when you can't afford to it's not so great.
    Again take a look around the world even in countries with none of these problems there are no solutions to modern women having less children later on in life that work. I am not familiar enough with the Swedish system to give an informed opinion but there are countries where the government is giving thousands of dollars away to have kids and their birth rate is still diving.
    Sweden has like 1.9 or something. If people could afford to buy a home for starting a family, if they had job security, if they had safe access to health care then we could see a boost to it. But we don't have that. Lots of people are reluctant to getting kids due to the economic and social circumstances, something which the politicians are responsible for.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-02-15 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I have a very simple and radical solution to this problem: Have more children.
    You can't really force people to have more children.

Taking in 12 million over the course of 40 years is no problem for a country like Germany.
    Last edited by zephid; 2017-02-15 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    I have yet to hear any solution that has worked that fixes the problem of modern women having less babies and later in life. Governments with anemic birth rates around the world have tried everything so far nothing has worked.
    it's called progression, and is not necessarily a bad thing.

it is estimated that 48% of the jobs will be lost due to automation by 2050
    Last edited by mmocfbca7f21de; 2017-02-15 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Why do people read those absolutely trash "media" websites. I can make a website in 3 minutes with wordpress and post anything I like... Its just bizzare that people out there trust dailymail and rubbish like that.
    Why do people posting shit like this when we get dozens of "Einzelfälle" every day.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    I have yet to hear any solution that has worked that fixes the problem of modern women having less babies and later in life. Governments with anemic birth rates around the world have tried everything so far nothing has worked.
    Importing people from other cultures doesn't really work either, especially when you look at unskilled people that end up living in enclaves of people who share their culture rather than assimilating with the native culture.

If they become part of the native culture their birthrates will decline as well due to the same reasons that the current birth rates are low so however many people you import to keep the population stable will solve the issue in the short term. If they don't assimilate and in cases like the recent refugees cannot find work due to them not being skilled you're looking at the state just using up more money.

While having a big population is a good thing that's only the case if the population is active. People who are not employed do not really benefit anyone else and are just a money sink.

Instead of using up that much money/housing space on refugees who in the short term at least will not be useful you might as well do something along the lines of offering the housing the couples on the condition that they have 2 children or other such things. Same with the money otherwise spent on refugees - childless families will get X amount if they conceive a child, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    No sources, so again some made up shit.
    It did say in the article that in order to stop population decline, Germany would need 300.000 immigrants per year over the next 40 years, but yeah, that's a completely different statement from what the title of this threat was claiming. Nothing but click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    it's called progression, and is not neccisarily a bad thing.

it is estimated that 48% of the jobs will be lost due to automation by 2050
    The problem is people are living longer lives unless you are advocating for mass killings of the elderly to balance out the math.

This is all obviously bullshit fear mongering.

But regardless, why do y'all foreigners care so much what our country does?

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Importing people from other cultures doesn't really work either, especially when you look at unskilled people that end up living in enclaves of people who share their culture rather than assimilating with the native culture.
    Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it, this is the same line that has been used for the Chinese, Irish, Jews, Blacks. It seems we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes of the past balancing out population and education is the key to keeping countries from falling apart because the technology shock is coming. I simply don't understand people stuck in the medieval age mindset about barbarians at the gates when the real problems are coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    This is all obviously bullshit fear mongering.

But regardless, why do y'all foreigners care so much what our country does?
    Because by moving to germany they are moving to EU. We're in EU. It affects us too due to various treaties between EU countries, such as schengen. If it didn't affect us I wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Bad, it's always bad.
    Mixing cultures was never a good thing to do.

If they want to help them, then they should send army to their country and bring democracy back.
    Mixing cultures is fine, when the cultures aren't barbaric.

Everyone loves a visit to Little Italy, or China Town - who the fuck wants to go to Little Iraq, or Syria Town?

You're walking around the actual issue to avoid infractions. Everyone knows its religion that is the issue here and nothing else.

These people have been indoctrinated to think its okay to be violent towards women, and it shows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You can't really force people to have more children.

Taking in 12 million over the course of 40 years is no problem for a country like Germany.
    Of course you can't force them.

But you can encourage them to. Tax breaks, benefits, better childcare, schools, pro family attitude and culture, the list goes on.

People WANT to have children, it's only natural. But when women are expected to work fulltime how are they gonna raise a family?

Deleted
    Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it, this is the same line that has been used for the Chinese, Irish, Jews, Blacks. It seems we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes of the past balancing out population and education is the key to keeping countries from falling apart because the technology shock is coming. I simply don't understand people stuck in the medieval age mindset about barbarians at the gates when the real problems are coming.
    It's not barbarians at the gates, it's leeches at the gate. If Germany in this case wants to import skilled workers and can do so that's good for them. Importing people who are utterly useless doesn't serve anything other than to be able to say "Look, our population isn't declining anymore" while ignoring the unemployment situation among the refugees.

15+ Year Old Account
    30k / year doesn't get you much in Sweden if you have a family. It's a little more than double of my living costs as a single person.
    ... So not a comparable situation but still you compare it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    ... So not a comparable situation but still you compare it.
    Do you think everyone who moves is going to be single and remain single?

Because by moving to germany they are moving to EU. We're in EU. It affects us too due to various treaties between EU countries, such as schengen. If it didn't affect us I wouldn't care.
    How does it affect you?