Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is Alodi the most powerful wizard in the Warcraft Universe?

Since Alodi was the very first Guardian of Tirisfal and the description of his weapon (Ebonchill) says that even though it contained only a fraction of his power no other magi could ever hope of reaching it, doesn't this mean that he is the strongest mage in the Warcraft Universe? Also i think he deserves his own unique model in WoW since he is such an important character and not the human one that he currently has ingame. In the comic he looks totally amazing.

azshara and aegwynn were stronger.

i think azshara >= aegwynn > alodi >= medivh > moonguard illidan > khadgar >= player archmage > jaina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

i think azshara >= aegwynn > alodi >= medivh > moonguard illidan > khadgar >= player archmage > jaina
    Jaina last? Hehe

well the more old they are, the more powerfull they are, it is simple like that;p

10+ Year Old Account

jaina is a kirintor council mage which makes her above a player archmage even with current artifact powers she has way more arcane knowledge than player mages.
    rest i do agree.

You forgot Med'an. Blizz still insists he's canon, making him the strongest Mage, Shaman, Paladin and Cringeweaver.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Don't alter facts depending on your favoring or disliking a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    jaina is a kirintor council mage which makes her above a player archmage even with current artifact powers she has way more arcane knowledge than player mages.
    rest i do agree.
    i believe, similarly to khadgar, she might know more tricks, or other arcane secrets. but i don't think she has the raw power that the player archmage has.

remember, her staff was what did that deal with orgrimmar, not herself. aluneth and ebonchill are probably both stronger than her staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Don't alter facts depending on your favoring or disliking a character.
    it's not personal, it's just going off what lore bits i've found related to our strength.

the demon hunter player is, before imprisonment, said to be almost as strong as lord illidan and that their spectral sight is second to only lord illidan's. so, after imprisonment, they're even stronger now. i still believe illidan is stronger than the player demon hunter, but i believe we're closer to him now than ever before.

now if that is the case, then the other player characters(excluding obviously weaker ones like the hunter and rogue) must be at or near equal power level with the demon hunter. if that is the case, we are definitely, in terms of out and out raw power, likely stronger than jaina.

Alodi's power is not entirely his own, he was infused by other magi, just like any other guardian of Tirisfal.

Hopefully he is buried after legion again, there is nothing worse than a half elf hogging spotlight.

I thought Jaina got her staff after the attack on orgrimmar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    She got it before , but it contains a fraction of the thunderkings power, which is not that comparable to the power of the guardians of tirisfal in general, nor is the staff her own power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    ah, maybe. i had assumed it was after the isle of thunder.

still though, that's mostly just binding elementals. i still don't believe she has the raw destructive potential that we do. aluneth is just too much of a boost to us.

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Jaina last? Hehe
    Yeah the bitch forgot she could mass teleport us all out of the broken shore. Bads get kicked.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Jaina last? Hehe
    Well Jaina couldn't manage to hurt thalen songweaver with a arcane blast thrown "with all of her might"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

No, The Player Character is the strongest mage...

Lore wise though, it's a range: Azshara, Khadgar, Medivh/aegwynn.

But, no, seriously: we're the most powerful. Trust me, once we defeat sargeras, and get that sick title of Either "Slayer Of The Fallen Titan", Or "Lord Of The Burning Legion", we'll be OP...

Deleted
    Jaina last? Hehe
    Yeah. so? Jaina hasn't really shown power comparable to the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yeah. so? Jaina hasn't really shown power comparable to the others.
    Speculations of making Jaina as raid boss made me wonder her real power.

Speculations of making Jaina as raid boss made me wonder her real power.
    You don't need to be particular powerful to become a raidboss, Nazgrim comes to mind.

Deleted
    You guys do realize raid bosses are not actually as strong as they are inside of raids, right? Most of that is seperation of gameplay and story.

As for the rest. We lack a gauge of how strong various characters are in comparison. So it ultimatively comes down to peoples gut feeling or personal preferences rather than factual strenght of the characters. A lot of RP/Lore people seem to love to cast the player characters as generic mob background characters. I remember all the salt that was produced when we got the artifact weapons and took a prominent position in Legion. "Omfg, we should never be heroes/matter!". So I feel comfortable outright dismissing their opinions on the matter that always puts the player characters at the very bottom barely above if not equal with random mobs.

7+ Year Old Account

i see what you did there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    You forgot Med'an. Blizz still insists he's canon, making him the strongest Mage, Shaman, Paladin and Cringeweaver.
    we don't speak his name here
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.