Hardest non-healer spec to kill in bgs

I'm looking to try some pvp in Legion and I'm wondering what spec is the most durable, hardest to kill. I don't want to heal. I want to be right in the middle of the action, soaking up a lot of damage and either healing it or mitigating it. I assume the best specs for this are tank specs. So I'm looking at prot war, prot pally, maybe blood dk. Any of those stand out? Or is there a dps spec that somehow is even harder to kill?

I'm just going to be doing random bgs, if that matters.

Deleted
    Blood DK is pretty hard to kill and dishes out a fair amount of damage with the diseases, blood boil and fairly strong cleave of HS. I regularly top DPS meters in random BGs simply because I can stay in zergs so long without dying. BDK is better for that then prot warri or prot pally imho. You can kill enemy players with blood drinker (dishes out 1.5M, if you activate a trinket that gies attack power even more) or DRW.

No such thing unless you play a tank, and if you're playing tank in random bgs you basically might as well /afk and get replaced so your team can win.

From dps a good mage or a good WW. They have so many escapes and great mobility, if they don't want to fight they can escape easy

Deleted
    Mage and WW can be killed in two hits, they are that easily dead especially if you put just one cc on them.

feral, dh, ww and mage.

Ret paladins and more Ret paladins. I'm not sure how this hasn't been said yet but it takes about 3 goes to kill a ret paladin while they are easy to play and dish out extreme damage. Ret paladin is the go to of the non-tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    feral, dh, ww and mage.
    Huh? Is this a joke? DH, yes, but mage, feral and WW? three of the most squishiest spec when you need to tank or mitigate damage? WW has a great survivability but not on the way op wants it: WW has to use his mobility and cc all the time, same goes for Mage and feral.
    So if you just want to tank or mitigate a dmg your best bet is Frost DK, not sure about Unholy, Havoc DH and maybe Retribution Paladin or Arms Warrior in defensive stance. Affliction Warlock is the best caster for what you are looking for.
    Tanks receive 25% more dmg taken in PvP btw, with exception of prot warrior (15% more dmg taken) and guardian druid (only 10% more dmg taken).
    If you wanna play a tank go with prot warrior but avoid BrM Monk.
    Have no idea about Blood DKs, can't remember when was the last time i saw one in BGs. Maybe they just sucks in instanced PvP.
    So being a tank in instanced PvP (open world is a completely different story) doesn't mean that you get more survivability than some dps specs.

Ret paladins and more Ret paladins. I'm not sure how this hasn't been said yet but it takes about 3 goes to kill a ret paladin while they are easy to play and dish out extreme damage. Ret paladin is the go to of the non-tanks.
    My exp as Ret is a bit different: survivability is not that good any more after several nerfs.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2017-02-15 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks for the replies. Was kind of hoping prot warrior was a very durable spec in bgs, since it looks pretty fun. Maybe blood dk is the way to go.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2017-02-15 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Was kind of hoping prot warrior was a very durable spec in bgs, since it looks pretty fun. Maybe blood dk is the way to go.
    Prot Warrior definitely is the best tank spec in instanced PvP. I am sure that must be a good reason why Blood DKs are so rare in BGs.

Well, after watching some videos I'm quite unimpressed with the survivability of tanks in bgs. Seems they get blown up almost as fast as pure dps. So now I'm thinking maybe just go dps, probably a ranged caster since I haven't played one in a good ten years. Perhaps elemental shaman. Arcane mage caught my eye...seems they have a lot of escapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I'm looking to try some pvp in Legion and I'm wondering what spec is the most durable, hardest to kill. I don't want to heal. I want to be right in the middle of the action, soaking up a lot of damage and either healing it or mitigating it. I assume the best specs for this are tank specs. So I'm looking at prot war, prot pally, maybe blood dk. Any of those stand out? Or is there a dps spec that somehow is even harder to kill?

I'm just going to be doing random bgs, if that matters.
    you want to try the druid class.

stealthed bears should really be the most hardest non-healer spec to kill, because you can simply stay stealthed, run away or just soak up the dmg. You will see the true power of this spec in wpvp, though. When Legion 7.2. hits live Servers you can instantly turn into your flyform, there will be no contest anymore.

But since you asked for bgs, the most sense would be simply Play whats the strongste spec and its always moonkin. Like forever?

You got some surv tools and great mobility, but you merely survive because you are ranged and you are not taking hits as much as melees, especially in normal bgs people will Focus either healers or just the next guy in reach, so usally melees and if they are Aware of them healers. rarely range dds, the bigger the bg and zerg the less likely it will become to get attacked as a range dd.i survived many times that way as shadowpriest even though its probably the easiest range dd to tunnel by melees after dispersion is used up.

if you just want to take hits at the front line and still be melee, without using stealth and a range dd, its ret Paladin. otherwise you Need to Play a warriorvwith a pocket healer.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2017-02-15 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In world PvP, prot Warriors. In instanced PvP, probably Rogues since they can vanish and GTFO. Or Druids since they can root/run away and HoT up.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

All the tank specs are harder to kill, but still easier than healers. If you really want to play a tank (you will be pretty useless on most maps), druid and DH are probably the best due to their ability to not just tank the damage but escape it as well. Blood DK is awful in this regard, and is really only extra resilient against melee. With DPS, none are great at damage reduction so the best choices are those that can escape the fight, so pretty much anything in leather.

Like always, leather >>>>> plate in PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    All the tank specs are harder to kill, but still easier than healers. If you really want to play a tank (you will be pretty useless on most maps), druid and DH are probably the best due to their ability to not just tank the damage but escape it as well. Blood DK is awful in this regard, and is really only extra resilient against melee. With DPS, none are great at damage reduction so the best choices are those that can escape the fight, so pretty much anything in leather.

Like always, leather >>>>> plate in PVP.

I'd say Prot pallies and VDHs are the best tanks for BGs right now. They are fantastic flag carriers with their PvP talents. Aside from flag carrying though, they are still worthless.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

After recent nerfs Rets are pretty easy to kill, not the easiest class but def not the hardest, especially if you can dispel/purge/SS all their defensive (every mage is smirking now reading this) but one, and that one can be MD. If other team has a mage/disc priest who re not retarted, Ret will drop like a fly, and unlike WW/Rogue/Drood/Mage who can simply GTFO if they about to die, Ret is stuck. Also dont Forget how good Ret @ catching/chasing mobile classes down /sarcasm.

I mained Ret for past 9 years, Ret is a great spec for casual PvP since its amazing Nub Killer Spec, but once you face good players on open without Pillar to LOS, you are in trouble.