Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thunder Totem was supposed to be the capital of Legion

Not only does Thunder Totem have its own city map, it also has its own general chat. It has enough room to have all the city functionalities and is central to the Broken Isles.

Then they realized that it required work to make it a true capital, so, lazy as they are, they literally copypasted Dalaran over to the Broken Isles instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    Not only does Thunder Totem have its own city map, it also has its own general chat. It has enough room to have all the city functionalities and is central to the Broken Isles.

Then they realized that it required work to make it a true capital, so, lazy as they are, they literally copypasted Dalaran over to the Broken Isles instead.
    I don't see a question mark. I don't see anything you want to discuss. Sure you shouldn't have made a twitter post instead?

Whahahahaha, lol. Really? It was lazy to completely redo Dalaran and putting the NPCs in TT instead of Dalaran would have been more work? Thank you for making me laugh, it's a really important thing to do at least once a day.

If what you're saying is true all Thundertotem needed was the NPC's, so how is it lazier to modify Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    completely redo Dalaran
    Dalaran wasn't completely redone. If it was, it would look completely different from the old Dalaran. There are minor changes there, nothing more. Yeah that's lazy, you genius.

I see the fanboi brigade has already arrived.

7+ Year Old Account

y....you do know the dalaran is completly remade... nothing from the old dalaran is is the new dalaran... everything is brand spanking new right...? it actually required more work to make dalaran the hub, then to make thunder totem a finished one...

thunder totem has a map and such of its own because its abit confusing to move around without one...

also whats the point of this thread? what do you want to say? discuss? or is this just trying to be another "everyone come shit on blizz"

also im glad thunder totem isnt the hub, i fucking hate it, the elevators and i dont like the look of it, think dalaran is 100 times better

- - - Updated - - -

Dalaran wasn't completely redone. If it was, it would look completely different from the old Dalaran. There are minor changes there, nothing more. Yeah that's lazy, you genius.

omfg holy shit... this is some new level of stupid...

watch this video, and tell me ANYTHING from dalaran was copy/pasted

(and bare in mind this is alpha footage so it looks even better now)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I know everything because I think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obvious bait, report and move on.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

7+ Year Old Account
    lol yeah looked at their other posts

"Is that so Mr. Hitler?

Should vee throw all ze little fetuses in ze ovens, ja?

Sorry we aren't all immoral like you, some of us care about all forms of human life. "

and

"What? You have not at all shown how this is an illogical argument.

Because it's a human being? Sorry but where I live it's not ok to kill humans and we don't have to explain why."

can we get a mod in here to /thread for "nothing good will come of this thread"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So your logic is that Blizzard are so lazy they decided to literally quadruple their work, and redesign half the bloody game?

Deleted

You're salty because.. eh, we didn't get Thunder Totem as capital and instead they had to re-do most of old Dalaran. What the fuck are you smoking?

Lots of caverns have their own map too

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

thunder totem as the capital would have been absolutely fucking awful.

thank god, if you theory is true, they were "too lazy" in this one instance.

7+ Year Old Account

Good theory really, don't mind the other posters you can pretty much spot the blind fanboys right?

Anyway, It does make some sense, they'd Initially didn't think of Dalaran I'm sure, I think they changed their minds on all of that somewhere halfway through WoD when they instead went with "Grom redemption path" Instead of "We kill grom" like they said we would at blizzcon when they announced Warlords.

So It's not a bad theory, I honestly would've liked that more. At least It'd connect the zones more if Thunder Totem of all places was the staging grounds with the Clan Matriarch.. whatever her name Is would be organizing It. That's actually a better idea than just remaking Dalaran and sending It there.

I mean hell, I'm still mad they made a tower In the middle of Dalaran and removed the memories of our victory against the Lich King and to remember the fallen from that time. Doesn't that feel like a giant "F you" to players who played through Wrath and killed Arthas, and still see that monument to our victory whenever they pass Dalaran? Well can't see It anymore, It's just some random tower. I mean the Violet Citadel could've had that teleport-pad thingie! Why remove such a significant memorial of Nostalgia....
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I kind of hate TT... thank the old gods they "slacked their way" to Legion Dal.

(If remaking from scratch one of the most iconic locations of the game is being lazy then the whole fucking game is a joke for this punk)

Ah yes, namecalling, someone who doesn't share your opinion is immediatly a fanboy, lovely. Very entertaining, but also a bit scary that you are (or will be) allowed to vote. Anyway, need more laughs, carry on please.

Making an assertion without providing any evidence. Are you a politician by chance?

Troll bait is troll bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account

A complete remodel/texture rework still requires roughly the same amount of work as designing a new city in practice; the only difference here is they saved time on the initial planning stages and they can use WotLK Dalaran as a reference point. And given that Thunder Totem is already completely modeled and designed, your assertion that they got lazy and just copied Dalaran is demonstrably false--if they were lazy, they wouldn't have increased their workload by rebuilding Dalaran when Thunder Totem was already feature-complete and just needed the NPCs.

Perspective isn't fanboyism, it's called not letting confirmation bias bite you in the ass.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It is a "my opinion, with misleading title to make peple click" episode.