Thread: Clicker Heroes

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I'm cursed when it comes to mercs. I've NEVER had one about level 25, they usually die in the mid teen levels, and usually in batchs. I'll have a day or two when I just love like 2/3 mercs in an hour...

Am I doing something wrong?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Is there a MMO-C clan?

10+ Year Old Account
    About three, I think.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so there are ancient souls now. But do I have to pick whether I get regular souls or ancient souls when I transcend? And is it really worth it? Seems the ancients augment...well, the ancients, but I'm wary of how worth it it is.

Some one give me the quick and dirty before I get off the blue on raiding.

Ok, sent request to marshmallows clan, hope i can get into. Otherwise i'll just create one for people active here if there's enough interest.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Just accepted you Coldkil; I'm trying to keep up on the ancient kills as much as I can, lots of stuff going on irl and I forget to make my 3 attacks. We have 9 members now, so I think there is a spot left (10 cap)? If I get a few more requests, I'll watch activity and kick if I need to. --- addendum, you got in just in time to collect immortal reward nice 0 damage on boss!!!

my stats atm are highest zone 4827, immortal damage 661T, Immortal level 53 will go down today, just barely, so tomorrow's level 54 will fail; don't blame them, but no one is even close to supporting the immortal raid kills, example for today (just killed the immortal while typing), 4618q (me), 52297M for the next one :P

Fencers, what do you want to know exactly?

hero efficiency I believe is samurai then frostleaf. After that, you are pretty much going 1-2k per hero then moving down until wawapet (sp?) By the time you are running that deep, re-gilding hundreds costs nothing considering soul income so you can move them around at will; so you can hold on to one a bit higher up or regild to wawa. Wawa at 1500 gives a huge boost to betty tapper; you can switch your gilds to her, it is a dps gain; but at 2000 wawa you will be regilding and switching to king midas for a very long time, I'll be switching back to wawa somewhere in the 5-6k zone range as he slowly catches up with the buffed midas until the next hero unlocks.

For your outsiders, the ones you level from transcending, put around 6 in xyliqil since I believe most phone players will run idle build, anywhere between 6-10 in chor'goloth (at 10 it doubles in cost to feed), phandoryss you'll start dumping into until much higher where you'll switch to dumping into borb. Ponyboy get to 21+. Not hard rules, just approximations and experiment a bit. So I'd say at a lower AS count, something like 6-6-12-3-21. A reason to go phan instead of borb early, especially on idle builds, is simple ROI. Right now I have 6-10-0-21-30. My max primal reward is 5.8 trillion, but my 4455 reward was 723B. I just won't get close to my max reward even if I went active and pushed to zone 5000. So, essentially a large portion of that 21 points is wasted since I'm pretty sure I'm below the base reward I'd get with 0 borb. Phan contributes directly to soul gain, while borb is a cap extension.

The current run was an experiment, and luckily, you can respec for free with your outsiders. I'll be respeccing sometime soon. I'm getting close to 150 trillion an ascension atm, while my next AS is starting to run away from it (think it was close to 400T, currently sitting at 202 until next AS, expecting 5-600T for the following one).

For relics I go for max atman boost I can get on all 4, then try to get lucky and get a kuma secondary boost when I can. Atman increases your primal spawns, kuma reduces mobs between bosses. I found, at some point when the idle and supplemental idle build ancients get really pricey, it benefits me to grab all the clicky ancients as well. This means for me, less slow down when I use my energize-dark ritual-reload combo and also when I load all my auto clickers before I switch to the raid immortal fight to maximize damage on boss. As you level up those ancients with your leftover souls before you dump into morg, it benefits me at the end of my ascensions as well. Once idle no longer can kill a boss, if I have some time to let it run active for a while, the autoclickers can easily carry for some time, pushing hze and soul collection before ascension.

I haven't spent any money, nor all my gems on auto-clickers but I still managed 7 of them currently and that helps a lot for the immortals and when I need to go active.

Other than that, not sure what else to say. That is essentially what worked for me personally, though not the most efficient path, efficient enough for me

Pendulous, the first time you transcend, for the first couple ascensions, you'll feel a bit weak and slow, like starting over. I think you should have at least 12-15 if not a bit more AS reward waiting before your first ascension as those AS are relatively cheap to attain. This gives you a chance to go 6-3-0-0-6. That will be a big boost to your idle ancients and hero soul income, while also reducing ancient costs a bit. To be clear, you earn AS by earning HS. Transcending for AS is nearly a clear slate besides the mercenaries. One way you can speed up your first ascension is having a bunch of hero soul quests ready to turn in and two immortal rewards, it is a ton less overall towards your AS gain (though not really), but it can also save you some gems from quick ascensions to boost the first run or two.

Simply, is a short term loss, long term gain. If you aren't progressing any longer on zones/heroes ... then it might be close for transcension.

By no means am I an expert or is this a 'guide' just information from my experiences and what seems to work for me; I know I'm not doing it the most efficiently as I've read guides and spreadsheets, but I just don't take it that seriously, some people are pretty hardcore!

Gallahadd, mercs die. not your fault. I had a level 50 and 45, and a pretty long streak of the other 3 not failing for a while ... then the past month I've had 20+ deaths, used up all my candy canes trying to save my 50, and now stuck with the highest a +2 demigod that I'm afraid will die soon too lol Some of them don't even last a mission. Not sure if they die more on longer missions, my past couple weeks of anecdotal evidence 'feels' that way

Try to have fun with it, for what it is. For me it is something I can mess with for a few seconds or minutes when I have a moment, and do more intense maintenance when I have a bit more time and am bored (transcensions/ascensions). For me, it became my default ios game, because a lot of the others took far too much time/effort and got more tedious to keep up with; or games that others can attack you and lose too much which just annoys me (because I usually don't pay attention when I start it and don't realize there is pvp lol my fault entirely).
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Just accepted you Coldkil; I'm trying to keep up on the ancient kills as much as I can, lots of stuff going on irl and I forget to make my 3 attacks. We have 9 members now, so I think there is a spot left (10 cap)? If I get a few more requests, I'll watch activity and kick if I need to. --- addendum, you got in just in time to collect immortal reward nice 0 damage on boss!!!
    yeah just noticed well, i just tried to see what was that. I'll just stick to base progress since it's what i should do atm. It's a very relaxing game to kill some time with, so i don't plan to abandon it anytime soon.

Question: what should i use rubies for? I suppose double dps forever is pretty good :P

EDIT: i unlocked king midas, now i don't know if i have to focus on it (all other heros are around 100 and have unlocked all traits) or just try to unlock higher heroes as soon as possible.

EDIT2: i have those hero souls, whould i use them straight up or save for later?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-15 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    A *few*? I think my best merc has been up to level 35 or something which was getting me >200% hero souls on a 24h run iirc. Considering I do not "play" this game per se, but rather mess around with it for 5 mins a day tops the mercs are absolute machines lol, and their times are always 4/8/24 hours etc. Your ascensions just take longer and longer and longer but they scale up the merc work rate which always remains the same time.
    The problem with that is: They can't really get to such a high level. They die earlier. The only time I ever got one as high was during / shortly after the christmas event. Usually they die 1-2 times till level ~10 (for me at least), and then the ruby costs to resurrect them are getting really high. The highest I ever had outside of the event was 15. And if the ascensions would take so long, I'm transcending anyway.
    Though transecending always leads to a lot of clicking / somewhat active play in the beginning. Not really active in terms of clicking on mobs for a long time, but constantly switching to new heroes. So for a "5 min per day" approach, going for longer ascensions and transcending rarely, the mercs get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 29 ancient souls, so plenty to spend.

Dear god I forgot how incredibly slow the very beginning is without anything. Ugh...

15+ Year Old Account
    Any benefit to clans? Didn't even know that was a thing until I opened this thread

@Coldkil: buy double damage first, it's simply the biggest upgrade for cost. After that, generally speaking, don't bother buying relics or gilded heroes, they are not really worth it.
    Do get an autoclicker or two, they can help make early game a lot easier by using them to autolevel your heroes, so you can progress a bit further passively while game is idling in background, plus if you get the Nogardnit ancient, he boosts your gold income quite a bit.

[edit]: Buying timelapse can be useful sometimes, mainly to speed up finishing merc quests if they have valuable payload (hs/rubies). Other than that, save rubies for QA or autoclicker.

A few tips for Transcending: Try to save up merc quests, so you have some hero souls or gold waiting for you after you start a fresh game. If you can, do the daily raid quest but don't collect the reward until after you transcend. Try to stockpile some rubies (via clickables or merc quests), so you have at least 50/100+ to use after transcending.
    When you Transcend (remember to Ascend first for HS) , spend your ancient souls, then start working on your fresh reset (which will feel slow as you have nothing): buy Quick Ascension for 50 rubies for 7 hero souls, cash in merc quest & daily raid reward, and then check available ancients: you will want one of the idle buffers as quickly as possible (Siya, Nog, Lib). The first one only costs 2 HS, rerolling costs 1. With luck, you can pick up 2 with the 7 HS you start out with, which will get you going more quickly.
    For your first ascension after transcending (refered to as FANT by some), aim to reset around 140, the reason being that you are not guaranteed to see a primal boss again until at level 200, and you're much better off just resetting at this point to get HS -> your next run will go much more quickly, especially since you now have some HS to pick up extra ancients.
    [edit #2]: you can always reroll your Primals for free, by simply Transcending again and ticking [x] Respec on Transcension.

A small tip regarding Transcending: if you save your game *before* Transcending, you can check what ancients are available to buy in first 3 rerolls, if none of them are useful, you can reload the save, and do extra transcending to reroll the ancients. You can keep repeating this, but need to transcend extra time for each try you do, ie: if first trans has bad ancients, you reload > trans twice, then check. If bad still, reload > trans 3x > check ancients, etc. Some feel it is save scumming, some don't care. It's your game (I never feel bothered to do it myself).

I play this mostly idle & casual, occasionally alt-tab to check on it, just Transcended for 12th time 4 days ago, at 144 AS. Highest zone I got to (in last Trans) was 9060, I beat level 99 raid boss in my solo guild today (did 80% of the damage to it with 8 autoclickers on first try), and the FANT on this Trans lasted about 5 hours, mostly because I was busy playing wow and forgot to check on it x)
    The first ascension does require babysitting a bit to get things going, but after that the game starts running longer idle by itself.

@Revi: clans are just for free extra HS every day by killing a boss. They are limited to only 10 players
    Last edited by coocoo; 2017-02-15 at 02:25 PM.

Why did you guys badmouth Frostleaf? He's the only one at this stage of the game I can level to get a skill, and for the money he's putting in work. 90+% of my total DPS.

Frostleaf is the most efficient heroe once you can reach him. I usually use him gilded once I unlock him until 4100 when the x4/x10 modifiers stop and end up near astrea give or take when I switch and regild to get to wepawet.

coldkil; definitely get the double damage first; it is a one time thing. Then personally, just dump into auto clickers for the most part, as there are several ways they benefit you. First, when you transcend, it helps a lot so you aren't stuck clicking. They help tremendously on immortals. There is the ancient that buffs them, nogardnit - + gold for each one while idle, and if in late game you go hybrid, crit clicks and click damage pretty much makes them tear through the mobs/bosses.

king midas isn't good early game, his bonuses are amazing though. Its been a bit since I transcended so I'm hazy on how early progression works without leveled ancients, but your best bet is to keep pushing as you can, and if you are semi-stagnant, focus on a hero that has all personal buffs, so they put out max dps that a champion can. Remember at 200 you start getting a x4 for every 25 levels and a x10 for every 1000 up to 4100. masked samurai is the most efficient until frostleaf. The caveat to that is, if you are struggling and you have hero souls waiting for ascension and your progress is quite slow, you are better off ascending and spending those souls. If you are idle build, you want siya and libertas asap, but get solomon first to increase your hero soul gains immediately. When you reach a place where you have excess souls not spent, you can't buy a new ancient you need or level one you have, then you dump all the extra into morgulis when you have them as it just increases your hero soul's damage by 10%; so if you had 1 hero soul that was increasing your damage by 10%, spending that soul in morg so that you had 0 souls, you'd benefit by having 11% increase to damage from his ability for that same hero soul being fed to him.

coocoo; the pc ruby costs are far cheaper than phone app costs ... our costs are as follows: timelapse 200, 3 gilded 200, QA 500 (haha 50? I wish, I think it used to be for us but it changed a while back), 3 relics 400; so unless you are watching every video, getting really lucky with the clickables, and basically merc for rubies constantly, the 10x cost of a QA is quite prohibitive and the other methods we both stated such as mercenary quests and raid immortals saved up for transcension is much more logical.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Ok, i have used ascension for the first time, so restarted at about zone 100 more or less. What's the benift oif ascending apart from more Hero souls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i have used ascension for the first time, so restarted at about zone 100 more or less. What's the benift oif ascending apart from more Hero souls?
    That's it, but the souls are supermega important, as they give you benefits and allow you to purchase ancients which will give you all the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's it, but the souls are supermega important, as they give you benefits and allow you to purchase ancients which will give you all the benefits.
    Perfect, so i did good then

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember it being THIS hard. I restarted two days ago and I still just now got Amenhotoep. I'm not missing something am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Perfect, so i did good then
    This guide I read said to go up to 130 because 110, 120, and 130 have guaranteed souls.

But I said fuck it and just bounced if it got too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't remember it being THIS hard. I restarted two days ago and I still just now got Amenhotoep. I'm not missing something am I?
    Yeah I too thought the post transcendence grind was way harder than I ever remember especially considering you have the double damage buff.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.