Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Milhouse Manastorm > every other magic user ever.

/thread.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You don't need to be particular powerful to become a raidboss, Nazgrim comes to mind.
    Which makes game fantasy absolutely strange and not logical from lore perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    i see what you did there
    what did i do there?

Deleted
    I think Jaina is most powerfull mage alive now after Azshara. Not even Khadgar can match her.

Also Jaina empowered by Burning legion (7.3) or by Old gods would be extremely powerfull.

Add: I dont like her. Loved her before MoP

Also Azshara was powerfull because she had full power of well of eternity next to her. Nobody can say how powerfull she is now.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-02-15 at 03:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Norgannon was the greatest mage.

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Which makes game fantasy absolutely strange and not logical from lore perspective.
    Not really gameplay screws things up from time to time, lorewise adventurers are very mortal and can be killed by a pitchfork wielding peasant child and Nazgrim fought us along side kor'kron forces lorewise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I think Jaina is most powerfull mage alive now after Azshara. Not even Khadgar can match her.
    Considering everything we know about her, nope there are far too many powerful magi out there. In fact there are so many powerful magi out there it is almost impossible to rank them.

Deleted
    Considering everything we know about her, nope there are far too many powerful magi out there. In fact there are so many powerful magi out there it is almost impossible to rank them.
    So tell few of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Alodi is plenty powerful, but I doubt he would be recorded as the most powerful Mage or spellcaster in the Warcraft universe's history. If you're extending into history that accolade would probably regard to the Titan Norgannon - the being that oversaw the Arcane and accumulated lore of the cosmos for the Pantheon and who indirectly anointed Malygos as the Aspect of Magic on Azeroth. I would assume that insofar as current Mage characters go the accolade would belong to either Khadgar, Jaina, Medivh, or Illidan - it's difficult to say who the most powerful is as they've never quite engaged one-another in open combat to see.

These "most powerful" contests are generally ill-conceived affairs, as raw power alone is no guarantee of success in combat - the Warcraft universe especially is replete with examples of great and powerful beings brought low by "lesser" entities due to a variety of factors.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So tell few of them
    The blue dragonflight, the red dragonflight, the bronze dragonflight, the green dragonflight, remaining titanforged magi etc. you have too much potential out there just because Jaina was in the spotlight from time to time, does not mean she is the most powerful magi around, best example would be her attempt to stop Thalen and failing miserably for example. There are just too many mages out there

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Milhouse Manastorm > every other magic user ever.

/thread.
    Technically Millhouses father may have been the most powerful mage. He was as such that if he were to die he'd been more dangerous and hate to be banished by the combined might of the Kirin Tor, plus a old fashioned back stabbin' from his son.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    Since Alodi was the very first Guardian of Tirisfal and the description of his weapon (Ebonchill) says that even though it contained only a fraction of his power no other magi could ever hope of reaching it, doesn't this mean that he is the strongest mage in the Warcraft Universe? Also i think he deserves his own unique model in WoW since he is such an important character and not the human one that he currently has ingame. In the comic he looks totally amazing.
    Important questions, are we limited to Human Magi? The Draenei are potent with magic as well. Sargeras chose the Eredar to be his servants due to their power and magical prowess.

Kil'Jaden and Archimonde aren't demi-gods, they're just 2 of the more powerful leaders of that race.

I think that the most supreme being in dealings with the Arcane and Magics would be Norgannon, which others have stated. Next would be Malygos, imbued directly by Norgannon himself. I would tend to believe that the Eredar, as a race, would likely be close, in potential, to a third place. The spots of 4-10 would go to all the named magic-users that others have stated here, Khadgar, Illidan, Jaina, etc., ranked in order depending on individual circumstances.
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2017-02-15 at 03:28 PM.

Also Jaina empowered by Burning legion (7.3) or by Old gods would be extremely powerfull.

Add: I dont like her. Loved her before MoP

Also Azshara was powerfull because she had full power of well of eternity next to her. Nobody can say how powerfull she is now.
    Jaina hasnt really done anything that powerful really. At most she's good with portals. Thats all we know. She's never done any interesting or powerful magic feats. As it stands she's just a strong mage with a big name who has had her ass kicked a few times

Deleted
    About Med'an I think I saw someone @blizz saying that he won't be canon near @Legion launch.
    It was like "Yeee... Med'an is on another planet or smth..." <- Said by Blizz
    So I think they dropped the idea, unless we meet him @Argus, lawl.

7+ Year Old Account
    The blue dragonflight, the red dragonflight, the bronze dragonflight, the green dragonflight, remaining titanforged magi etc. you have too much potential out there just because Jaina was in the spotlight from time to time, does not mean she is the most powerful magi around, best example would be her attempt to stop Thalen and failing miserably for example. There are just too many mages out there
    Absolutely, and further, time spent in the spotlight of the story of the game in no way directly translates to magical potency or power. Magni Bronzebeard was a very powerful and wise king, but no one talks about him. Doesn't make him weak in power.

The PC is the strongest mage in warcraft universe.

Have you not played Legion???

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    azshara and aegwynn were stronger.

i think azshara >= aegwynn > alodi >= medivh > moonguard illidan > khadgar >= player archmage > jaina
    why is jaina last <_< i would put her under khadgar but still much stronger then the player.. i think you forget she was doing an ok job at taking on arthas solo in halls of reflection, and had the power to destroy all of orgrimmar in one spell but decided not to...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Jaina hasnt really done anything that powerful really. At most she's good with portals. Thats all we know. She's never done any interesting or powerful magic feats. As it stands she's just a strong mage with a big name who has had her ass kicked a few times
    ^^^^^ as seen above...

So tell few of them
    elisande, thalyssra, the player mage, rommath, khadgar, azshara, aethas, kalec and most other high ranking blue dragons, high ranking bronze dragons. if medivh still lives, then medivh.

meryl felstorm too, probably, but not sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    You forgot Med'an. Blizz still insists he's canon, making him the strongest Mage, Shaman, Paladin and Cringeweaver.
    He may be cannon, but hes a weak little half-breed.

From blizzcon 2016
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Certain fiction exists outside the World of Warcraft that we love, but is it necessarily what we would consider canon? So Med'an as Guardian, isn't considered canon in Warcraft lore, which is why in the last five years you haven't seen a reference to him. Um, so, that doesn't mean that there can't be a story for Med'an, it's just not like it was laid out in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why is jaina last <_< i would put her under khadgar but still much stronger then the player.. i think you forget she was doing an ok job at taking on arthas solo in halls of reflection, and had the power to destroy all of orgrimmar in one spell but decided not to...

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^ as seen above...
    The Orgrimmar bit was because she was being powered by a super powered artifact though. And in HoR she had her ass handed to her.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    neither her or khadgar have shown to be stronger than the player character. her display at orgrimmar was her staff alone, not her. there's no way that staff is stronger than aluneth, when aluneth is even stronger than atiesh.

khadgar, i could see being stronger than us maybe. but seeing as how we have had to save him like three times, with him literally just panicking and cowering in place in the face of elisande's time spell, he's just not displayed the full on raw power we have. we were made the archmage of the tirisgarde for a reason, aluneth works with us for a reason.

i would honestly say jaina might weaker than rommath, as well. i forgot to list him there.