Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Sure but the range on this Chevy says it's around 200~ miles so I'd have to find one of those outside of Austin/San Antonio area
    Yeah there is one in between them, and the model 3 looks like a better bet between it and the bolt.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    All cars of the same type look the same anyway these days. Any flavor in cars died in the 60's and 70's back when cars were actually unique from each other.
    Car design is now dictated by a proper understanding of aerodynamics, which heavily influences everything from fuel efficiency to handling.

Plus the aerodynamically nonsense cars were typical only to the US, European manufacturers have continuously applied aerodynamic principles since the 30's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I'd rather have a Tesla. Not a fan of Chevy in general though, I think their cars are blocky, ugly, and flavorless.
    The main early targets for these cars will be the same as the one for the Priuses. Company fleets, urban women, the environmentally conscious. Eventually when they sold enough of them, they will start building variations on the chassis or concept.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-02-15 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    There's no electricity where you go on road trips?
    Pretty much not. I drive through desert for the majority if the trips. Take a look at a map of southern New Mexico. There absolutely are no superchargers along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Pretty much not. I drive through desert for the majority if the trips. Take a look at a map of southern New Mexico. There absolutely are no superchargers along the way.
    The midwest is going to be the last to adopt EV's for this exact reason. Too much open area with no charge stations.

Coastal states though, really need to step up the implementation of charge stations so we can get the ball rolling. But I don't see that happening until there is an EV which competes with entry level cars. 30k starting, bare bones, is still too high.

Give me an EV which is in the same class as a Hyundai Elantra. Then we can see the true switch happen.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

If it had a on-board generator/motor maybe but 100% electric nah, too many trips to the country and not going to press friends and relatives if it's ok to plug in my car while I visit, maybe as a 2nd car just for driving back and forth to work but would depend on how it holds up to a 80 mile round trip at highway speeds between charges. (I think some of those ranges they list assume you're pulling a "driving Miss daisy".)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I was in the market for a new Chevy car last month. I had seriously considered the Volt, but didn't like the range it got and the fact that it was pure electric (no gas).
    Volt is a hybrid*, Bolt is an all electric with a 238 mile range.

*EV with a generator. You can run it 100% off electric and never put gas into it if you want, but then it's range is short.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I can't wait to see the Smug Real People not Actors Commercials for this.

Believe it or not, but for about 2 years I had a daily driver that got 60 miles to the gallon and had an 8 gallon tank. It could also accelerate extremely fast and could reach around 90mph going down the freeway with no issue.

However using it outside of just traveling back and forth to work during the warmer months it had some severe limitations...

It was basically like having a motorcycle with slightly better cargo capacity. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    "For the price of the car versus what you get, you probably don't come out ahead," Cheng said. For him, the selling point is the environment; he likes the fact that he's not polluting.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    You get instant torque. It's worth a premium.