Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Are you serious?

You do understand that millions of jobs will be lost due to technology advancing right?

WE DO NOT NEED LOW SKILL LABOR AT ALL.
    I think the bulk of vacant jobs isn't low-skill anyway and even there you have a lot of robot-assisted work. Still it's unlikely that robots will fill the gaps at such a scale in the near future, possibly in four decades but not in this one or the next one. At short term, that's the next 1-1.5 decades we need a lot qualified migrants if we want to keep up. The government already had some immigration programmes running some years ago with mediocre success and lukewarm response. The idea was to get a lot of unemployed youth from countries such as Portugal, Spain, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania to come here. They underestimated their unwillingness to leave their countries especially with the high language barrier (C1+ since most Germans cannot speak English even at A1 level especially the older generations). This is why the economy had a few jubilating cries when thousands of refugees arrived. This is how desperate they actually are. The only young people who want to move to Germany for working are mainly IT workers and artists.

The other alternative is companies moving to countries with higher birthrate whilst the medium-sized business sector is shrinking (it's already shrunk drastically over the last 10 years). Whether that's what people prefer remains to be seen but seeing how people want both, zero immigration (even skilled ones) and zero native growth, I don't see they got much choice. This will have implications with price and cost development as well. I'd rather have skilled migrants than the possible alternatives but for that the government is lacking working programmes too.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Lol are YOU serious?

Do you think computers and robots will drive buses, build houses, clean your desk at work and wipe your grandma's ass anytime soon?
    Yes they will.

Automated trucks are already very advanced and will be deployed in the next decade for sure (probably much sooner than that).

Look back at technology 10 years ago and compare it to now. And I am not just talking about consumer technology, that is actually not even that interesting when it comes to advancements.

maybe stop making germany shit , then poeple would want to have kids

i am german never i would have kids in this shit country filled with immigrants , this country went down the drain and its not getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The EU in most parts, and especially Germany are crowded as fuck. Why would they want to keep it up. Maybe we should welcome a decline in population...
    Maybe.
    That is up for discussion.

This isn't aout a plan to take in migrants anyway, just about a projection that if they would want to stop it that way and if nothing changes over the 40 years then it would take 300000 of them every year.

That is on the same level as news as if some one advised the government they would need a cake if they wanted to throw me a birthday party.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post

i am german never i would have kids in this shit country filled with immigrants , this country went down the drain and its not getting better
    Very good, because you would only teach your kids this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    going from 80million to 92 million won't go over well.
    Reading is hard.

The number is what's required for Germany to keep a stable population over 40 freaking years.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post

Indeed it went down the drain in 1990 when it took in 16 million economic refugees all at once and their desolate wasteland they called home. ;P

Seriously people tend to be over dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    Because by moving to germany they are moving to EU. We're in EU. It affects us too due to various treaties between EU countries, such as schengen. If it didn't affect us I wouldn't care.
    Who is moving to the EU?
    Imaginary migrants from Austria and Belgium?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Indeed it went down the drain in 1990 when it took in 16 million economic refugees all at once and their desolate wasteland they called home. ;P

Seriously people tend to be over dramatic.
    They are also called Ossilanten and, yes, they still cause most of the immigrant-related crimes in West Germany! Like this one. It's called Einzelfällchen in West-German but I implore you: Deport all criminal Ossis and rebuild the wall!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    They are also called Ossilanten and, yes, they still cause most of the immigrant-related crimes in West Germany! Like this one. It's called Einzelfällchen in West-German but I implore you: Deport all criminal Ossis and rebuild the wall!
    And the Russians will pay for it ! ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    But I don't need to do that to know that forcing a country to accept lots of immigrants will result in the rise of racism.
    Who is forcing Germany to accept those immigrants? No one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Reading is hard.

The number is what's required for Germany to keep a stable population over 40 freaking years.
    She must have a time machine to know her economy needs will be in 40 years.

Understanding is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope the refugees will be send to auschwitz

Make Germany Reise Again!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2017-02-15 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Of course you can't force them.

But you can encourage them to. Tax breaks, benefits, better childcare, schools, pro family attitude and culture, the list goes on.

People WANT to have children, it's only natural. But when women are expected to work fulltime how are they gonna raise a family?
    Some do, some don't. Some people want a lot of children, some people think one is more than enough.

Man the guilt after ww2 is massive in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cultural invasions are the funniest kind in Civ
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Man the guilt after ww2 is massive in Germany
    This is not about refugees, just proper immigration. The two are not the same in Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Cultural invasions are the funniest kind in Civ
    Over a course of 40 years and immigrants from mainly other european nations, should turn out quite interesting.

The problem with this is, the moment someons says "Immigrant" people automatically assume they're running around screaming Allahu Akbar and attacking white girls, as the media has let you believe, you'll actually find a lot of refugees are doctors, lawyers and good in other areas, if people would just painting them with the same brush, that'd be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    The problem with this is, the moment someons says "Immigrant" people automatically assume they're running around screaming Allahu Akbar and attacking white girls, as the media has let you believe, you'll actually find a lot of refugees are doctors, lawyers and good in other areas, if people would just painting them with the same brush, that'd be great.
    Sure, that is why majority of crime and rapes come from refugees in most countries. We don't want them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    you'll actually find a lot of refugees are doctors, lawyers and good in other areas
    Unless you mean the huge amount of claimed gynaecologists during NYE in Cologne, I'm going for [Citation needed].