Poll: Would Pence be an improvement?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Suppose Trump resigns or is impeached

What would you think about Pence getting the head job?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Mike 'the zapper' Pence you mean?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    What would you think about Pence getting the head job?
    Better than Trump, without a doubt. Crazy as hell (shock treatments for married gay couples was an actual bill of his). But Presidential and not petulant.

From bad to worse. It's like asking someone "want to get shot in the head just once, or...twice?" Some choice that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Based on what I observed from his few times in the spotlight during some discussions, he seems more calm and collected than the Donald. Less outwardly grumpy and seems to have more etiquette and situational awareness. I think he is a more natural politician.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Better than Trump, without a doubt. Crazy as hell (shock treatments for married gay couples was an actual bill of his). But Presidential and not petulant.
    You Americans will get lots of zapping, thats for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a full blown counter coup to hithe Trump coup.
    The swamp is deep.

Deep State mil industrial complex /CIA
    The Marxists
    The RINOs
    The rest used to the status quo and corruption.

If they kill Trump they get Pence who is MORE voracious and has deep Conservative Christian beliefs.

The war is on. We have Providence.

Drain plug is being pulled.
    Saddle up and ready for battle.

If you think Trump will get flushed without taking anyone and everyone he can with him/blame on instead of himself, you are sadly mistaken. This will be a scorched earth presidency and we will be fortunate to get through the next year without either a nuclear war or a civil war.

Better option is new Emergency elections and call in obama to fill in until new elections

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    If you think Trump will get flushed without taking anyone and everyone he can with him/blame on instead of himself, you are sadly mistaken. This will be a scorched earth presidency and we will be fortunate to get through the next year without either a nuclear war or a civil war.
    Things will get ugly. Perhaps a re-vote to take in someone competent could solve this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he would necessarily be an improvement he would just be a different kind of shit. A shit that I and others have dealt with for years and will continue to deal with. Trump is far too volatile and unstable, or rather, his puppet masters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    From bad to worse. It's like asking someone "want to get shot in the head just once, or...twice?" Some choice that is.
    Some fortunate souls got theirs without Hillary winning.

Pence would be a president who holds very different views from me, but he wouldn't be so petty and ignorant that he might accidentally start a war. The security lapses happening under Trump aren't funny.

That being said, Paul Ryan would probably be better prepared and more competent than Pence, and still a Republican so it wouldn't be seen as partisan. If Trump gets brought down in a scandal so big that Pence is implicated too, the Constitution would make Ryan the next president. That's likely the best case scenario for the US right now, and I say that as a fairly liberal person who can't stand Ryan.

Deleted
    You won't replace Trump the next four years, neither the four years after that. You people are currently getting exactly what you were voting for. This is a battle between the elected government and the Intelligence who consider themselves permament government. This is exactly what Trump wanted to show you, that is how deep the rabbit hole goes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Things will get ugly. Perhaps a re-vote to take in someone competent could solve this issue.
    Do you want a civil war?

That's how you get a civil war.

Trump is going nowhere, except into the nightmares of the Communists we have infesting this country funded by Soros and his masters

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

Personally I'd rather have Trump, the sheer incompetence in his administrations lessens the damage of his policies.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd much rather have Paul Ryan. Pence may be more stable and less batshit crazy than Trump, but you have to ask yourself whether or not that would be a good thing. He's the sort who might successfully pull off a Watergate sort of situation. Sure, on the surface he'd back off on some issues, but underneath it all he'd be plotting towards his own rather extremist agenda.

Trump is the kind of crazy that could start a war, Pence is the kind of crazy that would quietly try to undermine our way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    There is a full blown counter coup to hithe Trump coup.
    The swamp is deep.

Deep State mil industrial complex /CIA
    The Marxists
    The RINOs
    The rest used to the status quo and corruption.

If they kill Trump they get Pence who is MORE voracious and has deep Conservative Christian beliefs.

The war is on. We have Providence.

Drain plug is being pulled.
    Saddle up and ready for battle.
    Hah, you forgot the lizard people who fund communists to take over Murica through Sorus and friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being bisexual I have absolutely no interest in letting Mike Pence near the presidency. He seems like a decent enough guy, but his policies would undoubtedly be something I would hate.

At least Trump is tolerant of LGBT rights and has no interest in overturning the courts' ruling.