Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Something like saying "If your opinion is good for trump, I am intolerant against you", right?
    Rather, it was to emphasize the hypocrisy of the original post; where the only type of bigotry the author tolerates is against the people with whom the author disagrees.

It's akin to saying "If you're an intolerant asshole you deserve to be dragged outside and shot. In the name of tolerance."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Conservatives are more attractive.
    I don't know... not really into the blond stepford wife look they seem to have going on.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I think it wasn't a big deal before Trump.

A Trump supporter is either:

- a racist, misogynist, xenophobe and/or bigot

OR

- they don't think those traits aren't a deal breaker for the leader of the free world.

The non-Trump supporters obviously think those traits are bad for POTUS so it stands to reason they think they are bad for a mate.
    Isn't anyone who used the confederate flag racist? Either we had two racist people running for president or the confederate flag use isn't racist.....

Huh, every girl i dated was understanding no mater what side we chose, we would agree that there is positives and negatives to each side, neither side is necessary correct, and that it's up to personal preference. And a rule would be placed to not talk to much about politics and more about life. At the same time, i haven't had that many relationships, as i find people in generally annoying ( with a few exceptions) and i don't try to argue my point to death, and stay away with people who like to do so.

Though I can see this issue, especially when people tend to think that there is a definite solution to everything and tend to ignore the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Isn't anyone who used the confederate flag racist? Either we had two racist people running for president or the confederate flag use isn't racist.....
    If you'd like another attempt at making sense, I'd welcome it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact, things that aren't politics:

1. Climate Change
    2. Education
    3. Health Care
    4. Nuclear Safety
    5. Infrastructure (e.g. dams)
    6. The existance of problems on this list...
    7. ... etc

Things that are politics:

1. Picking which team you want to address the above issues.
    2. That's it... no more.
    Anything that is made into a political issue becomes politics. So that's potentially anything. If there is a bill which bans cheesecake from being sold at sit-down restaurants then cheesecake becomes politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already in a relationship, but I would have definitely ruled out dating someone who was a trump supporter if I was still looking for a mate. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be opposed to a quick lay from a girl who is clearly wrong in her political stances, but to make a commitment to that? No thanks.

Conservatives are more attractive. There really isn't any need to screen out liberals for me because most would not even qualify in the first place based on attraction.
    lol, god trump supporters are dumb
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know of any female Trump supporters in my area. I have not come across a single one. Of course, I'm in the heart of liberal academia, so that's not super surprising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    lol, god trump supporters are dumb
    Resorting to attacks because you feel offended. Poor little thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally up to any former, current and future partners of mine. I value freedom of conciousness and expression. Even if I disagree with them one would hope a relationship is build on more than political indoctrination.

Won't stop me trying to persuade them (yes that is on the table too) to change their minds though.

I tend to judge people on themselves not their opinions, but if they're unwilling to compromise then I doubt I would either. Love is a two way street after all.

Deleted
    What is this, deep rooted, rabies-like state that you damn Americans get brainwashed into?

I can honestly, with comfort, say that you American suffer from that - Without considering it nation bashing. Because i have NEVER, EVER; heard a group, so frequent, so open and so downright idiotic about their politics. You are willing to invalidate entire personalities, on one small factor, such as projected ideas about who they politically support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a pretty wide variety of friends. Was raised by hippies, so I learned to find love in everyone.

I have friends who will absolutely not speak to you if you support trump any any way at all. No matter how you feel about him, they see you as a racist apologist. There is no convincing them otherwise. This obviously leads to them having a much smaller pool of potential romantic partners.

Fortunately for me, my g/f and I see eye to eye on most political things. And if we don't we sit down, talk about it, find sources to support our views, and find common ground. This is how we have survived 8 years (almost 9) together and haven't had anything like this get between us. We are both very willing to learn, and compromise, and understand.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't even know of any female Trump supporters in my area. I have not come across a single one. Of course, I'm in the heart of liberal academia, so that's not super surprising.
    I know a couple but they have done what any logical person who vote for Trump does they ignored everything he said and only focused on the things they liked about him (tax cuts, infrastructure spending etc). A pattern that I have found with people who voted for Trump not the supporters is that they were vehemently sure that he wouldn't do any of the crazy things he is now doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resorting to attacks because you feel offended. Poor little thing.
    Well, come on now. You basically just called all liberals ugly.

And the opinion that political stances have any grounds on someones physical attributes is pretty dumb. But, that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, no matter how foolish it sounds.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm at a college town, and it's fairly diverse. Sure, most of the women here lean left, but I certainly know a handful of them who voted Trump.
    The people who live here and aren't connected to the college (in some way)... almost all of them are Trump supporters -- from both sexes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    What is this, deep rooted, rabies-like state that you damn Americans get brainwashed into?

I can honestly, with comfort, say that you American suffer from that - Without considering it nation bashing. Because i have NEVER, EVER; heard a group, so frequent, so open and so downright idiotic about their politics. You are willing to invalidate entire personalities, on one small factor, such as projected ideas about who they politically support.
    It depends. If an individuals reason for supporting Trump is because they believe trump wants to racially cleanse the U.S., and that is why they voted for him, you may want to steer clear of that person.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a handful of female Trump supporter friends. Their concerns are that they want to see the U.S. come first. And they want to see people be able to find jobs all across the nation. These few don't care about identity politics, and don't care about feminism. They just want to live, and survive.

I'm venturing back into the dating scene - and my first and foremost requirement is that you did NOT support Donald Dump in the election. You can be a Republican who didn't support Dump, and I'll be fine with that. That shows me you put being a decent human being first and foremost before being either a party supporter or a "patriot". Note this is about NOT voting for Donald Dump... not about weither you voted for Clinton or not. A no-vote, a vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnston, while not as optimal as I believe in, is still being a human being.

I don't think I could be in a relationship with a Trump supporter, I just think there would be too much arguing and me having to constantly question their decision making and deductive reasoning.
    However this only applies to someone who actively supported Trump and voted for him specifically, and not to someone who simply is a Republican and votes Republican and Trump is simply who they ended up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have a pretty wide variety of friends. Was raised by hippies, so I learned to find love in everyone.

I have friends who will absolutely not speak to you if you support trump any any way at all. No matter how you feel about him, they see you as a racist apologist. There is no convincing them otherwise.
    While I somewhat resemble this remark - I will say that I don't fully believe that most Trump supporters are all consciously "racist". Some voted for single-issues like Economic reform, but sadly the truth is these people unfortunately willingly chose for their one specific issue to be valued higher at the direct expense of entire ethnic minorities, LGBT rights or a religious rights along with the safety of the entire United States nuclear arsenal - and that is something while I don't find as reprehensible as flat-out racism/prejudice - is almost just as bad, simply one step behind it.