Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The 3DS had pretty shit 3rd party support, don't fool yourself. Sure it has a few bangers from capcom, atlus and square but wrap your head around the fact that the Vita is still to this day getting more games released on it then the 3DS.
    Makes you wonder why the PSP/Vita were such commercial failures.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the gameboy didnt get ports of ps2 games
    the ds and 3ds didnt get ports of ps3 games
    the switch wont get ports of ps4 games (except the occasional budget title)
    You would have a valid point if this was marketed as the 3DS replacement.... But it isn't. Its being marketed as a Wii-U replacement and a home console. It is being priced alongside the other two home consoles.

Your average joe consumer (and some fanboy's) will expect it to give the same experience. The leaked spec's once again show that will not happen and its a pipe dream at best to think so.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Short answer: Pokémon

Long answer: the Vita does't have the slew of Killer Apps the 3DS does, Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash, Animal Crossing were big name hits and proceeded to sell systems. What did the Vita have that was close?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Short answer: Pokémon

Long answer: the Vita does't have the slew of Killer Apps the 3DS does, Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash, Animal Crossing were big name hits and proceeded to sell systems. What did the Vita have that was close?
    i think there's more to it than the games though. after all, it did become a success in japan.
    like expensive As-F proprietary memorycards, late-release AAA games go gradually worse, expensive release price (250 for stock, 300 for 3g version), shit advertisement and the list could probably go on for a couple of more paragrpahs.

it turned out to be a fairly popular JRPG platform though.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    The PSP sold 20 million more units then the 3DS currently sits at. It was far from being a commercial failure.

The Vita on the other hand was a success in it's home land, and is really good at adoption rates hence Japanese 3rd parties continuing to support it and localization still constantly happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

It was far from being a commercial failure.
    So it was, hum, strange since it was never popular here. I guess it could have become even bigger if it wasn't for being overshadowed by the DS.
    Mother pus bucket!

Here's our first look at FIFA on Switch
    It's kicking off.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...fifa-on-switch

A new Nintendo Switch trailer from Japan has given us our first glimpse of EA's FIFA game for Switch.

Skip to the 15 second mark in the video below to take a look:
    EA's Patrick Söderlund announced the title during Nintendo's 12th January Switch presentation.

"EA Sports' FIFA on Nintendo Switch will be the most immersive, social, and authentic sports game ever created for Nintendo players," Söderlund said at the time.

"It will deliver the FIFA experience custom-built for Nintendo Switch so you can play anywhere, play with anyone, and play how you want to play."

Last week, EA's Peter Moore made a point of referencing the game as FIFA 18, in response to concerns it would not be the same FIFA game released on other consoles this year.

But it's still unclear whether this custom-built version will be based off of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4's Frostbite-built game, or the edition built on EA's older Ignite engine coming to Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.

Here's the verdict of Digital Foundry's Tom Morgan based upon the above footage
    "Evidence does suggest Frostbite isn't making the cut for the Switch version of FIFA - but that's not to say it looks a world apart from PS4 and Xbox One.
    "Frostbite's main visual improvements over the last FIFA 16 engine (Ignite) were added volumetric lighting, and upgraded post-effects like motion blur. That being said, the core gameplay, stadia, and player models were essentially identical between these engines.
    "This is what we're seeing in the Switch footage; no sign of the improved lighting so far, but the stadia and players are still close to what we have on PS4 and Xbox One."
    Moore indicated that FIFA on Switch will launch around the same time as other versions - so we may have to wait until September to find out for certain.
    So to those who still think this thing can run BF1, Allow me to say.................................LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

BTW for reference the frostbite version of FIFA 17 runs at NATIVE 4k on the PS4 Pro where as BF1 can only manage 1080p I think. That should give you an idea of the difference of power needed for games.

If the Switch can't handle the frostbite version of FIFA(which we already knew because of EA not answering the question) it's weak as hell compared to current gen systems.

And all of EA's games are switching to Frostbite. Even Madden which has been on the same archaic engine since 2005 is making the switch to Frostbite this year. That basically means no current gen EA games as the sports games are the easiest to run in frostbite by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...fifa-on-switch

So to those who still think this thing can run BF1, Allow me to say.................................LOL.
    all given, the fifa in the commercial is most likely a placeholder/older fifa showcased to announce that fifa is coming to the console; there is no media or footage of the new fifa whatsoever so far, it's not even mentioned on their website.

but i agree, i doubt it will run BF1, unless they make a switch version thats heavily modified and optimized, and that's highly unlikely considered the costs that would be involved.
    but i personally never really cared for any FPS on a console, no matter how good it is. always hated the controls when it came to fps games on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    all given, the fifa in the commercial is most likely a placeholder/older fifa showcased to announce that fifa is coming to the console; there is no media or footage of the new fifa whatsoever so far, it's not even mentioned on their website.
    Right in the link, Highly dough its a placeholder FIFA. (Shows a Dragon Quest game as well, I assume its Heroes II)

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-15 at 03:21 PM.

Right in the link, Highly dough its a placeholder FIFA. (Shows a Dragon Quest game as well, I assume its Heroes II)

i watched the video earlier on different forum, so i have already seen it.
    i honestly think it's a placeholder, because it seems odd that you would allow a game where no current PR, trailers, website, media etc. is existant be showcased in a commercial before those things have been released in the first place.

EDIT: all given that the first game shown in the commcercial looks like dragonquest, then it for sure looks better than the pictures posted some pages earlier.
    my guess is that the picture from a couple of pages ago is either a earlier stage in development or a port from the PS3/vita that havent been spit-shined yet.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-02-15 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why they fuck I need two switches to play two player FIFA, its a football game you both play on one screen...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't know why they fuck I need two switches to play two player FIFA, its a football game you both play on one screen...
    not being locked in the same camera/screen view.
    the fact that you can go off-screen from eachother is quite nice (in several other multiplayer games as well)

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You should be able to play two-player FIFA on one screen, it's just better if both players have their own screen.

- - - Updated - - -

the fact that you can go off-screen from eachother is quite nice (in several other multiplayer games as well)
    Case in point Super Mario 3D World.

EDIT: all given that the first game shown in the commcercial looks like dragonquest, then it for sure looks better than the pictures posted some pages earlier.
    my guess is that the picture from a couple of pages ago is either a earlier stage in development or a port from the PS3/vita that havent been spit-shined yet.
    The image your talking about (The one I posted) is of Dragon Quest 1. Its clearly a port of the Vita version over to The Switch.

The one in the video is ether Dragon Quest Heroes II or another Dragon Quest game (The MMO maybe). If it is DQH2 its kinda expected to look better then DQH1.

As for this
    honestly think it's a placeholder, because it seems odd that you would allow a game where no current PR, trailers, website, media etc. is existant be showcased in a commercial before those things have been released in the first place.
    Same thing happen with the original reveal video and Skyrim.

I'm so fucking tired of these resolution horny morons.

Anyone with me?

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ

Your average joe consumer (and some fanboy's) will expect it to give the same experience.
    your average joe consumber hasnt seen those games on a nintendo system since the gamecube
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever played FIFA? Why on earth would you want to go off screen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    You should be able to play two-player FIFA on one screen, it's just better if both players have their own screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point Super Mario 3D World.
    It's not better, it's not better at all. There's one ball.

Well a Indie Dev leaked The Switch's hardware spec's.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/990...e-specs-leaked

This is based on the July 2016 Dev Kit and its 100% unlikely that the release model will be different(If the specs are true). This leaked spec falls in line with everything we have been hearing.

So its safe to say the Terga X1 is in this system.

With that said.....Kiss any Multi-platform big AAA games goodbye. The system is not powerful enough to run them.
    Except those are July kits. Newer kits came out in the fall. There was a Foxcom leak that would lead us to believe it will be about 20% more powerful than those specs.