Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papercut View Post
    How can i do such chart in simcraft?
    Instead of starting a new tab, just put a space or two under w/e you have in the current tab and put the next one there.

Make sure to change the "character name" at the top of each set to whatever you want to see in the list.

Looking for some guidance for my ret, this is my #1 alt. I have simmed to see my potential DPS and my DPS in raid last night was not what I think it should be. I have a general feeling my problem is rotation/cd management however I would like someone more experienced to take a look at my profile/log to tell me what they see.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ARFKgnk8vwBX2VCP/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vitamin/simple

Any help is appreciated, as I am a Frost DK main and I like ret but something I am doing wrong is probably holding me back but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    Looking for some guidance for my ret, this is my #1 alt. I have simmed to see my potential DPS and my DPS in raid last night was not what I think it should be. I have a general feeling my problem is rotation/cd management however I would like someone more experienced to take a look at my profile/log to tell me what they see.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ARFKgnk8vwBX2VCP/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vitamin/simple

Any help is appreciated, as I am a Frost DK main and I like ret but something I am doing wrong is probably holding me back but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Thank you in advance.
    The main thing that pops out is using Blade of Wrath over Divine Hammer. You should be using DH on basically every fight. You can use BoW on Krosus, but that's about it.

You have some pretty inconsistent Crusade timing. There's a handful of fights where you would have fit another in if you were using it on CD.

I don't have the legendary cloak, so I might be wrong on this, but you would probably benefit more from The Fires of Justice and adding some haste too.
    Last edited by dnicks17; 2017-02-11 at 04:37 PM.

Hi, I am posting for a new guildie who is breaking into raiding this expac with his ret paladin but appears to be struggling with his DPS in our raid -- part of it is gear ilevel and he also says he suffers from lag from time to time but I hope you guys could help with even a few tips it could help a lot. I really don't know ret myself, and am posting this on his behalf and have his permission to post here.

Armory Link:/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Narvana/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:Tuesday raid of all normal modes and a heroic: /reports/q236mFC1MXtY9b8f
    Krosus fight from Tuesday (which I imagine single target is easiest to assess): /reports/q236mFC1MXtY9b8f#fight=15

Anyway, thank you guys in advance for any help you might provide.

PS I see I Cannot yet post links directly, so I have posted what would normally appear after the warcraft logs HTTPS core URL and the battle net core URL

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    The main thing that pops out is using Blade of Wrath over Divine Hammer. You should be using DH on basically every fight. You can use BoW on Krosus, but that's about it.

You have some pretty inconsistent Crusade timing. There's a handful of fights where you would have fit another in if you were using it on CD.

I don't have the legendary cloak, so I might be wrong on this, but you would probably benefit more from The Fires of Justice and adding some haste too.

Thanks I will try those talent changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

I am happy to report those changes made a WORLD of difference thank you for the assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    I am happy to report those changes made a WORLD of difference thank you for the assistance!
    No problem. Glad to hear it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notdyson View Post
    Hi, I am posting for a new guildie who is breaking into raiding this expac with his ret paladin but appears to be struggling with his DPS in our raid -- part of it is gear ilevel and he also says he suffers from lag from time to time but I hope you guys could help with even a few tips it could help a lot. I really don't know ret myself, and am posting this on his behalf and have his permission to post here.

Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rvana/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:Tuesday raid of all normal modes and a heroic: /reports/q236mFC1MXtY9b8f
    Krosus fight from Tuesday (which I imagine single target is easiest to assess): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=20

Anyway, thank you guys in advance for any help you might provide.

PS I see I Cannot yet post links directly, so I have posted what would normally appear after the warcraft logs HTTPS core URL and the battle net core URL
    Krosus:

Gear
    Stat distribution seems pretty decent, not a lot to say about this.
    Trinkets are great, but Eye of Command might not be the best to use in Nighthold in my opinion, as it's quite hard to NOT swap targets on most fights. If he can make it work, great for him.
    No setbonus, is quite a big jump.
    Has 46 artifact traits, should definitely be able to get out more than what he did

Talents
    In his Krosus logs he used FV/Zeal/BoW, seems quite alright. On other fights I noticed he swapped BoW to DH, which is good as well. But I'd argue that both Zeal and DH on the same fight causes too little amount of holy power generation, as both have a very long CD. So I suggest when taking DH, swap Zeal to TFoJ.
    I quickly simmed his character for a single target fight, which ended up looking like this:

It's quite a big difference with his actual Krosus performance.
    Usually for people without the legendary cloak, ES ends up being the best single target talent. It is however kinda shit to use, and imo quite unfun. Considering he, and probably your guild, are starting HC progress, I imagine minmaxing isnt that much of a priority. If he chooses to go with ES anyway, there's this WeakAura from Sholdice @ discord that helps decide when to use it: https://wago.io/N1MDro48f

Logs
    He wasted SOOOOO much holy power: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=20&spell=109. This is SOOOOOOOO many possible Templar Verdicts, which is the most important ability on a ret. He wasted a total of 52 Holy Power on barely a 4 minute fight. (This is a waste of 17 Templar Verdicts). The amount of wasted holy power should basically be 0... Fixing this issue will boost his dps by so much, its almost unreal.

Out of the very little amount of Templars Verdicts used, he also cast 7 of those outside of his Judgment window: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tbuffs=-197277
    This should also be 0.

His opener is kinda wonky, and wrong: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline
    He starts 5sec into the fight. Then manages to use his first Templars Verdict BEFORE he uses Crusade. The prefered opener is kinda arguable, but I suggest opening with:
    Pre-Judgment (cast on 1 sec pulltimer) -> Wake of Ashes -> Crusade -> TV -> BoW -> TV -> Regular rotation
    This will get you to 15 stacks of Crusade really fast, and will waste as little amount of time on your Old War potion.

His 2nd Crusade use was pretty much wasted. Crusade is where most of rets damage comes from. After he used his second Crusade, he had a 15 second downtime from 150s to 165s (which is basically half of its duration): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline

Fixing these issues will probably take quite a bit of time, but it will help him a ton. If he needs help with his rotation in general, theres an addon that helps with a rets priority called Hekili: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/hekili. The creator of this addon is pretty active on this forum and on the paladin discord.

If you need any further explanation, just ask. It seems pretty obvious to me, but for someone who is not familiar with ret, it might seem really confusing to read.
    Last edited by mmoc38b65387c3; 2017-02-12 at 12:04 PM.

Hey guys,

I'm helping to analyse logs for one of the ret pallies in our raid and am struggling to find any major problems with his playstyle from comparing his logs to other high parsing ret pallies at his ilvl (using templar's verdict in judgement windows, wasting holy power, using as many crusade casts as possible, etc). One thing we did notice on star augur is that most high parsers were using divine hammer, is this talent the norm these days?

He doesnt have a Faulty Countermeasure (not for the lack of trying), his legendaries aren't that great and he doesnt have 2pc yet but he is particularly concerned with why his dps on the single target encounters in NH (trillax, krosus, star augur) is parsing at the 50th percentile and below. We just want to know whether his percieved low dps is because of gear or rotational issues.

His armory:
    wowprogress.com/character/us/frostmourne/Arcata

Here are our most recent logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/2JY8pL9P1hHzkV3W#fight=5
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/4A69abQFx8RnjWr2#fight=1&type=damage-done

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Deleted
    Hey everyone, really hoping you can nudge me in the right direction.

I've felt like my damage has been underperforming for the whole expansion so far, previous expansions I've always been able to contest for the top 3 spots but this time I'm just struggling.

Armoury link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ganater/simple

Tonights continued heroic raid - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

In my bags I have a 845 Faulty Countermeasure, 895 Claw of the Crystaline Scorpid and a 860 Ettin Fingernail.

Any advice will be really appreicated.

Hello Morgs Just Saw yours logs
    i believe u can do way more dps on trilliax
    first of all pre-pot potion of the old war better then prologne and use a second pot
    second you never used your Shield of Vengeance in HC at least you can make it proc 3 times
    u have 2/6 pieced try to grind the 4 pieces even LFR it's a dps boost for sure
    Trinkets: i think you should Equip claw since it proc alot for ret it's a really good trinket
    Try to grind CoF also for long fights it's much better
    well my advice once you have the 4p try Zeal talent since u have Cloak and sim yourself
    i got cloak and ring (4P) Zeal sims higher then FoJ.

Hey guys!

I really cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong. We killed Krosus HC yesterday and really had a problem with dps. We managed it though in at the 9th try. I looked at my logs and was smashed: nearly 200k less then a similar geared Ret. I know, I have too much mastery, but that is no 200k dps I think.

I compared curves and the other ret did way more dps when crusade was up. But I cannot find my fault. So please swarm: help me fix my Ret. I wanna do more for my raid

here is the log:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...qxAjp#fight=16

(my current gear is not what i have in Raid. I wear this for runnig Transmog instances b/c of the stupid boots )
    Last edited by Papercut; 2017-02-14 at 02:56 PM.

Hello PaperCut i just saw your logs
    -you have 2/4 set piece try to grind the 4 set pieces even LFR pieces or normal it's a dps boost for sure since you have the cloak also
    -your Ashbringer's light 44-45 trait? how about you cap your traits (54) that's about 5 - 5.5% dmg increase
    -Trinkets: get rid of chrono shard if possible try to get CoF - Claw (best AOE trinket for Ret) - High lvl FCM - DoS - and if you can get Unstable arcano crystal with higher ilvl would be great it will boost you stats and it will help you to keep the buff of your cloak ( my 860 ilvl Arcano simming 4k higher then my CoF 890 )
    Eye of command : this trinket is really good for ST but it's even better if you empower it with the chest *** Chestplate of Impenetrable Darkness***.
    -Stats: your Crit and Vers stats are really low ... your mastery is ... no comment ^^
    -I hope your tracking your abilities as i can see Shield of Vengeance Cast = 1, i believe you can cast this ability 3 times on Krosus (HC).

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    What I can see from the basic things I can take a look at quickly (I'm at work )
    - That's a very long kill time, my guild clears it 60% faster so numbers don't really compare. Your bracket performance isn't bad, it's slightly above average which is fine for the level you seem to be playing at. You're still one of the best performers in your raid team.
    - Only 2 Shield of Vengeance casts in an almost 8 minute fight. You can reliably use it on cooldown on Trilliax.
    - You want to to use Old War Potion.
    - You wasted a lot of Holy Power. This should be your immediate focus point. You wasted 27 HP, or 8.2% of your raw HP gain. You're not even losing most of them on Wake of Ashes, which is what I usually see, but you lost 11 on Crusader Strike and 6 on Blade Of Justice. You don't even have 4-set yet, so you should really look to improve here.
    - Your ring enchants are peculiar. 200 Haste on one, 150 Crit on the other. Another quick fix.
    - All the Annihilation deaths are really worrisome. Good for your Retribution though . You had a staggering 22% uptime on it and 2 of them even coincided with your Crusade window. I would've expected a bigger parse given these numbers.
    - I can count about 14 TV casts outside of a Judgment window, over 10% of your total cast amount.
    Just following up with some more data. This is normal trilliax as opposed to heroic because we are trying to gear up some folks. Maybe it's a decent conparison. Is the wasted holy power better?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Throwsbigrok

I also got four piece bonus so I'm anxious to see that.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, also, i forgot this...i also got a 880 divine storm relic (lame i know) but it would replace one of my 2 relics that lengthen crusade (ilevel 865). I know that's the only instance where you would not always take the highest ilevel relic...so my question is ultimately... 15 ilevels on a relic or 2.5 seconds on crusade?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Just following up with some more data. This is normal trilliax as opposed to heroic because we are trying to gear up some folks. Maybe it's a decent conparison. Is the wasted holy power better?

Throwsbigrok

I also got four piece bonus so I'm anxious to see that.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, also, i forgot this...i also got a 880 divine storm relic (lame i know) but it would replace one of my 2 relics that lengthen crusade (ilevel 865). I know that's the only instance where you would not always take the highest ilevel relic...so my question is ultimately... 15 ilevels on a relic or 2.5 seconds on crusade?

Some additional additional info/data to go along with anyone willing to help. This is a heroic krosus kill

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    Hey everybody

First time posting about logs here, really good job in giving advice and helping each other.

I would like some insight, about my last Krosus kill, since i am really frustrated, that even though i am in top 6 on damage done, every other person on that top 6 has gotten 90+ ilvl ranking and i am only at 80.
    That made me think that i am not playing my character to its full potential, as my fellow guildies seem to do.
    Does anyone see any major things i should try to improve?

Thanks a lot in advance

I cant post links so i apologize for the inconvenience

The logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/jGaDdwrLtg3K9B1V/#fight=10&type=damage-done

My armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Lockeon/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Hello Vuagnon
    had a quick look to your logs
    i saw your using divine hammer on trilliax (M) but this fight is not a heavy cleave fight in terms of many adds
    why don't you try BoW for this fight and use a second pot i see you used only once
    other than that try to grind the 4 pieces since you have 2/4 pieces.
    you might need to switch WoG talent to E4E.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockegr View Post
    Hey everybody

First time posting about logs here, really good job in giving advice and helping each other.

I would like some insight, about my last Krosus kill, since i am really frustrated, that even though i am in top 6 on damage done, every other person on that top 6 has gotten 90+ ilvl ranking and i am only at 80.
    That made me think that i am not playing my character to its full potential, as my fellow guildies seem to do.
    Does anyone see any major things i should try to improve?

Thanks a lot in advance

I cant post links so i apologize for the inconvenience

The logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/jGaDdwrLtg3K9B1V/#fight=10&type=damage-done

My armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Lockeon/simple
    Hello Lockegr
    just saw your logs
    i hope you're tracking your judgment debuff
    as an exmaple you judged @ 4:02 your next judgment was @ 4:13 so yea there are some gaps in your judgment
    also try to cap your traits and grind high ilvl relics
    other then that well you made 80% dps performance with your ilvl
    so you need to track your buffs
    try Weak Aura addon or Tellmewhen which can help you.

Deleted
    Hey guys, i need your help. I got the legendary cloak and the DoS from Guldan at 880ilvl, had a Faulty 855 before. Do i notice its a dps loose for me to use CoS with 15 stacke wings. So im confused, did you think i have to swich to faulty?
    Not allowed to post links: my char : Nolove EU-Thrall

Thank you in advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Nolovethrall View Post
    Hey guys, i need your help. I got the legendary cloak and the DoS from Guldan at 880ilvl, had a Faulty 855 before. Do i notice its a dps loose for me to use CoS with 15 stacke wings. So im confused, did you think i have to swich to faulty?
    Not allowed to post links: my char : Nolove EU-Thrall

Thank you in advanced
    hello Nolovethrall
    well to be honest we can't do anything if you can't link some logs so we can track your abilities and checking the gaps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    hello Nolovethrall
    well to be honest we can't do anything if you can't link some logs so we can track your abilities and checking the gaps
    Oh okay. Thanks for your answer. I will logg some raids and mythics for the next week and add it to the forum. I saw on thesilverhand.net that DoS trinket doesnt synergize with the cloak, cause of the legendary TV buff.

Hello,

I am just looking for some help on how I can somehow improve my DPS.. I am unsure what I am doing wrong. There are 3 Rets in my guild. We are all have relatively the same gear, but one always out preforms me and the other Ret. I know for one my weapon is about 20 ilvls lower then the other 2 rets and my weapon is not maxed out. But, I can not see that alone making ~100k dps difference between us. Some parses we are close together but, more often then not we are way apart. My logs are listed below

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A0llet/simple

I got in on attempt 16 and stayed to end of raid. Dont bother looking at attempts 1-15

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NCb1MzavDF8WxTqh

BTW my name is Meàtwàllet in the logs
    Last edited by Carstina; 2017-02-17 at 03:57 PM.