Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldorei View Post
    Binding Heal does not reduce the cooldown of HW:Serenity for me. Is this a bug or am I missing something really subtle? (It does reduce the cooldown of HW:Sanctify by 3 seconds, which is correct.)

The reason I was considering Binding Heal is for Scorpion trash in NL. I did a bunch of runs in NL+12 and NL+13 (did not try it higher) and it's a 50%/50% chance for me whether I can outheal the damage or fail at it. I do pop all cooldowns, including more uncommon stuff you would expect most people to forget about (troll racial haste buff, Desperate Prayer, Ancient Rejuvenation Potion, Healthstone, ...). But it's still really tough. Are there any tips for healing scorpions. I'm mostly pugging M+ and there's usually no CC for the second (non-scorpion) add. As far as I understand, previously ranged players could stack up behind a scorpion to avoid damage, but it no longer works that way?
    Just tested, working for me.

Binding Heal is indeed bugged, but only if you wear the legendary waist. It is a known bug discussed in multiple places.

If the legendary waist is equipped, Binding Heal does not reduce the cooldown of Serenity, but it does trigger the stackable waist's 10% buff for the next Serenity cast (even when Serenity is on cooldown).

Hi guys, any list of bis atm?

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    Hi guys, any list of bis atm?
    With titanforging and the legendary system its hard to come up with a true "bis" list. The current meta places stats fairly close together, to the point where higher item level gear is probably going to be more beneficial than lower, better itemized items (within reason, 10-15 ilvl). Mastery is still our most valuable stat, but too much runs into diminishing returns. Crit is devalued bit from where it was, but still good. Haste has seen its value rise with the benediction/piety playstyle to the point where you don't need to avoid items that have it.

In short, your highest item level gear is probably the best choice for you to equip. If something drops with a higher item level, it is probably an upgrade. With the wide range of ilvl available (titanforged) and RNG legendaries and the relative equivalency of stats it is tough to generate an overall BiS list as it would be, for the most part, wholly unachievable without extreme luck.

Edit: Tier gear is now available. It is probably worth dropping item level to get the 2pc bonus. It is pretty valuable with the Piety / PoH playstyle in Nighthold. It is less valuable to drop item level for the 4pc bonus. It can be difficult to take advantage of and likely leads to overhealing.
    Last edited by lcs; 2017-02-09 at 01:50 AM.

I've been feeling like I am underperforming in Nighthold and that I am maybe not healing to my full potential. It could just be that I am comparing myself to other healers that are maybe stronger right now, but I'm probably doing something wrong as well. Here are some logs from our tries on Chronomatic Anomaly from tonight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gfycnJmvLbqDFNkW/#

I am in the raid for the first half of the night.

My talents are: 1-2-3-1-3-1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    I've been feeling like I am underperforming in Nighthold and that I am maybe not healing to my full potential. It could just be that I am comparing myself to other healers that are maybe stronger right now, but I'm probably doing something wrong as well. Here are some logs from our tries on Chronomatic Anomaly from tonight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gfycnJmvLbqDFNkW/#

I am in the raid for the first half of the night.

My talents are: 1-2-3-1-3-1-2
    You have no cloak enchant, no gem socketed in it, no neck enchant.

You took Piety but only cast PoM 6 times in a 4:40 fight. For that matter you only have ~95 casts in that fight (can't tell exactly how many renews came from Benediction). That's 1 cast every 3 seconds. What are you doing the rest of the time?

Trail of Light probably isn't worth it if you're only casting Flash Heal 28 times. You're running out of mana despite your extremely low Casts per Minute so try Enlightenment.

I'm sorry but you have a lot of basics to take care of before you're really going to belong in a Mythic fight. If you're struggling on Anomaly there is way way worse ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    You have no cloak enchant, no gem socketed in it, no neck enchant.

You took Piety but only cast PoM 6 times in a 4:40 fight. For that matter you only have ~95 casts in that fight (can't tell exactly how many renews came from Benediction). That's 1 cast every 3 seconds. What are you doing the rest of the time?

Trail of Light probably isn't worth it if you're only casting Flash Heal 28 times. You're running out of mana despite your extremely low Casts per Minute so try Enlightenment.

I'm sorry but you have a lot of basics to take care of before you're really going to belong in a Mythic fight. If you're struggling on Anomaly there is way way worse ahead.
    Gear was already sorted by the time I wrote the post.

Remembering to cast PoM more often is something that I know I need to do. Maybe some sort of addon to tell me when it's off cooldown could be an idea.

The Chronomatic Anomaly fight has so much movement, that's why it's hard to cast continuously. Often you get caught under one of those circles only to have a new one appear right beneath just after you moved, leading you to run around back and forth just to find somewhere safe to stand. That's why you cast a lot of Renews since they are instant.

I could definitely try Enlightenment. The fight requires so much spread healing that it's easy to run yourself out of mana due to those spells being quite expensive to cast.

I've been raiding as Holy Priest since Molten Core through all the changes we've been through good and bad, and a lot of the time the playstyle has suited me fine. Like the good old days of ICC with its intense casting chains. This expansion, while certainly better than the Chakra nonsense, hasn't been that great in my opinion.

Deleted
    Remembering to cast PoM more often is something that I know I need to do. Maybe some sort of addon to tell me when it's off cooldown could be an idea.
    I have a WeakAura reminder to notifiy me when I need to cast PoM. It's only active in combat, and is notifies both by graphics and sound: pastebin.com/yCWsiziC

Hope it might help.

I know our stat priority but I am curious if there is a limit to what we need to be stacking. With my gems, enchants, and gear I am sitting on 48% Mastery (12,192), 18% Crit (5,168), 7% Haste (2,743), and 6% Vers (2,732).

I don't really know how to tell if I have too much mastery right now. It seems like it is so much higher than everything else. Anybody know where I can find out?

Deleted
    Gear was already sorted by the time I wrote the post.

The Chronomatic Anomaly fight has so much movement, that's why it's hard to cast continuously. Often you get caught under one of those circles only to have a new one appear right beneath just after you moved, leading you to run around back and forth just to find somewhere safe to stand. That's why you cast a lot of Renews since they are instant.

I could definitely try Enlightenment. The fight requires so much spread healing that it's easy to run yourself out of mana due to those spells being quite expensive to cast.

I've been raiding as Holy Priest since Molten Core through all the changes we've been through good and bad, and a lot of the time the playstyle has suited me fine. Like the good old days of ICC with its intense casting chains. This expansion, while certainly better than the Chakra nonsense, hasn't been that great in my opinion.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

My logs for Anomaly, if you find anything helpful in them. About movement, especially during slow phase I just don't care about being hit by the orange balls. They don't do -that- much damage and if I have to interrupt a 4 second cast Prayer of Healing that's gonna help 5 people to not take damage myself, I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrailla View Post
    I know our stat priority but I am curious if there is a limit to what we need to be stacking. With my gems, enchants, and gear I am sitting on 48% Mastery (12,192), 18% Crit (5,168), 7% Haste (2,743), and 6% Vers (2,732).

I don't really know how to tell if I have too much mastery right now. It seems like it is so much higher than everything else. Anybody know where I can find out?
    It was already mentioned a few times during this topic.

Best way is to check out your logs and look for the overhealing from echo of light. e.g., if your overhealing is 50%, then you got too much mastery. From what I know, most of us try to target ~40% mastery.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright, guys, I've got a dilemma. In one raid night, I got Rammal's Ulterior Motive and I got my 2-set... using gloves and chest.

The legendaries I currently have are the cloak, belt, Rammal's, and Phyrix's Embrace (ring). Ideally, I'd be using cloak and Rammal's... but... 2-set...

So, is the 2-set worth setting aside to use Rammal's or should I use cloak + ring + 2-set?

Quote Originally Posted by matildah View Post
    I have a WeakAura reminder to notifiy me when I need to cast PoM. It's only active in combat, and is notifies both by graphics and sound: pastebin.com/yCWsiziC

Hope it might help.
    That one seems really nice, I am going to try it out next raid. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    Alright, guys, I've got a dilemma. In one raid night, I got Rammal's Ulterior Motive and I got my 2-set... using gloves and chest.

The legendaries I currently have are the cloak, belt, Rammal's, and Phyrix's Embrace (ring). Ideally, I'd be using cloak and Rammal's... but... 2-set...

So, is the 2-set worth setting aside to use Rammal's or should I use cloak + ring + 2-set?
    I'd use the Rammal's and just wait it out til you get another piece of Purifiers. The 2-set is helpful, but not huge (Echo overheals a lot etc etc).

2 questions:

1) when I review my logs, the two big things I look at is my overhealing and my ilvl% performance. How valid is the ilvl% comparison as an overall assessment of performance?

2) how do you value/compare Trail of light to enlightenment? On my guldan log, I found ToL did only 2.5% of my healing so I switched to Enlightenment. Makes sense since Guldan damage is very aoe heavy. How much healing do you expect from ToL in a fight to make it worthwhile and better than enlightenment?

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    2 questions:

1) when I review my logs, the two big things I look at is my overhealing and my ilvl% performance. How valid is the ilvl% comparison as an overall assessment of performance?

2) how do you value/compare Trail of light to enlightenment? On my guldan log, I found ToL did only 2.5% of my healing so I switched to Enlightenment. Makes sense since Guldan damage is very aoe heavy. How much healing do you expect from ToL in a fight to make it worthwhile and better than enlightenment?
    1) Depends on what difficulty/raid you're doing and usually only in a very general sense. Grey performance is pretty bad no matter the case and blue/purple is fine. Normal/Heroic logs are cluttered with people either underhealing to make leet parses or overhealing cuz they're just taking 30 people to get geared. The first 3 mythic bosses are starting to get that way too. Anything after that should still be giving a clearer indication right now.

2) Super simplistic comparison: If you're taking Enlightenment, it is almost certainly to get 1 more PoH per minute (with a little mana left over to make up for increased Sanc usage). So for your Gul'Dan example take 10? (1 per minute) Prayers and estimate the total. It's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-6% healing done, but every individual raid is going to vary.

If you're not taking Enlightenment for increased PoH usage, Trail is always going to be the superior mana and hps value talent.

Hey guys,

My guild is still struggling with Normal NH for several reasons but im currently trying to get all my healers on the same hps lvl. Right now our Holy priest is struggling the most and she cant figure how to get her hps up as high as the other healers. Any suggestions would be helpful. The armory seems to be down at the moment so logs are all i have.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/ThpFMnJKyPAg36cq#fight=1&type=healing

Armory:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Hey guys,

My guild is still struggling with Normal NH for several reasons but im currently trying to get all my healers on the same hps lvl. Right now our Holy priest is struggling the most and she cant figure how to get her hps up as high as the other healers. Any suggestions would be helpful. The armory seems to be down at the moment so logs are all i have.

Armory:
    1) Her talents are pretty bad. She has Halo but never used it. Swap to the default Piety/Divinity/Benediction for the last 3 talent rows. It's a much better all around setup.

2) Her legendaries are pretty awful (nothing much she can do) and her trinkets are pretty bad (hopefully can be improved). Run Kara/Nightbane for Urn. Almagam's Seventh Spine is up for a world quest reward out of BRH right now (and she did run out of mana on Tichondrius which I didn't think was possible).

3) She isn't casting Holy Word Sanctify (a large ground targeted AoE heal) at all. Use Holy Words. They're awesome.

4) Don't cast Renew unless you're moving and there is just no other instant cast (Holy Words, artifact ability) available. The aforementioned Benediction talent will take care of it for you.

5) Do cast Prayer of Mending on cd. Once per 30 seconds average is not good.

Edit: Nevermind what I originally said about CPM. She was DPS'ing, which is a good thing, but also possibly a sign that you're just bringing more healers than you actually need.
    Last edited by Nephthysis; 2017-02-15 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Hey guys,

Armory:
    Neph hit the low hanging fruit. But it really looks like your priest could greatly benefit from the basic holy guide in howtopriest.com. I always think it's a little unfortunate when a raid leader has to try to find answers for another class when there is so much readily accessible info out there.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A small question that probably appeared already - but how is healing without Innervate/Blessing of Wisdom? Sure, it's not really a common situation, but sometimes boomkins/retri just aren't there, so it's everyone for themselves. Even when running double mana trinkets, it feels pretty bad at times, especially when trying to get few more PoHs for extra Sanctify. Swapping to 10% extra regen doesn't seem to help all that much and Surge of Light is now inferior to Piety, so...

I'm mostly curious since I don't see other healers in my guild having similar issues. Sure, it's possible that they are vastly superior to me, but I'm somewhat doubtful. Especially since I've seen them easily run throughput trinkets without many problems.

I mean, sure, I didn't bother to farm Mana Devourer trinket after I got a decent Amalgam + Promises, so maybe it's that, but still... It's nowhere near as bad as playing Disc, but that mana bar feels far too short without external assistance. It's got to a point where I'm using cloak + SoR as a mana regen mechanic, which is pretty stupid, but somewhat functional - provided it's some instant kill ability that doesn't pointlessly drain smart heals from other players.