Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but.. Skittish needs to go. Such fucking cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but.. Skittish needs to go. Such fucking cancer.
    Add two MD classes and it's a non-issue. Give some love to rogues! (And I'm a tank, bear/pal)

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Add two MD classes and it's a non-issue. Give some love to rogues! (And I'm a tank, bear/pal)
    Sadly I tank with a mostly permanent group (lock/mage/shaman). I hate Skittish. Curious what the changes to it are since it's noted as changed but no idea what changed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Sadly I tank with a mostly permanent group (lock/mage/shaman). I hate Skittish. Curious what the changes to it are since it's noted as changed but no idea what changed about it.
    As do I 2x SHM (enh & ele) DH... but the Ele has a huntard alt. It's workable with one MD, if a bit dangerous at 12+...

Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    With Volcano or Quacking, running M+ HoV = many unavoidable death due to mob random stun, which can be rather unpleasant...
    confirmed. "1 duck spawns every 3 seconds for 30seconds while in combat"

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    and Overflowing has been removed.
    Holy pallies, rejoice!

It makes sense overflowing is gone, since it was non-existent for most of the run.

I'm not looking forward to Bursting.

And I kind of hope they add a new +10 one, even though I have no idea what they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxut View Post
    I wouldn't say bursting is that hard tbh.

Bursting: When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks.

Let's take a look at it. it's 10% of ur max HP over 4 sec. This means you take 2.5% of your max HP every second for 4 sec. That's not a lot to be fair. With one stack.
    However, let's take a look at, say MoS (since it's one of the most popular dungeons to run), and more specific, on the pull people do before first boss, sometimes with the boss as well.
    How many mobs does this include? Without teeming, for the sake of it. It's about 16 mobs, not counting the small ones infront of boss. If they were all AOE'd down at the same time the group would end up having 16 stacks.

That's 160% of your max HP over 4 seconds, which means 40% every second. This means, over the course of 3 seconds, you have to heal 60% of each players max HP. IMO, it's perfectly doable. And if people only use a couple of defensives and stuff like that it'll be even easier!

If my math is wrong here, correct me!

But as I see it, Bursting is not that hard!
    Cool, now include the damage actually done by the mobs and other affixes next time. There's no way you survive that unless you vastly outgear the place.

It's going to be a hard affix for sure. You won't always have healing CDs and personals, and in some keys the baseline damage of the mobs is dangerous in and of itself. Imagine the CoS imp pack with this, ye gods. I assume affixes also don't stack, because Bursting buffed by Raging would be a riot if so. Also Bolstering/Bursting WILL make your healer hate their lives, 100% certain.

I almost don't even see the point of these sometimes. It typically results in the decision to pull more or pull less just like every other affix minus a couple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Holy pallies, rejoice!
    I am! Was manageable and probably caused the least amount of deaths of any second suffix, but it was annoying as all hell. Never keep anyone really topped, use boring slow small heals, pray that Holy Shock doesn't crit and just avoid cooldowns unless gambling is absolutely necessary in order to save lives now and worry about the overflowing aftermath later.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Grievous wound sounds like 50% less healing received and imagine that paired with necrotic xD
    Some affixes can't be combined as they would be too unfair. For example, Blizzard have made it so that Bolstering and Teeming can never happen the same week. I guess the same will be with Necrotic and Grievous, if the latter is a healing debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    see, better healers adjusted their healing, bad healers overhealed like crazy, but because of the good healers, who minimized the impact, it was removed? meh. why is sanguine still here? its almost as easily ignorable as overflowing if you have good tank, who knows what hes doing, should it be removed too, just because it has minimal impact? I dont like this approach at all. Instead of overflowing, we will get one cancerous affix after another, that will make doing mythic+ given week an absolute nightmare, great...
    Not to be obstinate, but I believe they removed it because of your rebuttal. Affixes aren't meant to punish the bad players. The incoming damage & heath buffs alone already punish bad players. The affixes are meant to punish good/great players and push them to their limits. So if an affix is ignorable by any good player, it's not doing it's job.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Bleh, like anyone in their mind actually run that piece of shit dungeon in m+.

Feel sad for removal of Overfllowing, was nice having easy free relaxed m+ sometimes. Not everything should be tough as nails IMO.
    Also: quaking is good, its about time melee got their own volcanic.
    Also also: bursting is fucking RIDICULOUS. If it remains the same, I bet lots and lots of groups (my included) will simply avoid running m+ on weeks with it.
    10% over 4 seconds=2.5% per second...

You would have to kill 10-20 mobs without ever letting the debuff drop before it became much of an issue and how many instances have pulls like that?? Even the first pull in maw is only like 18 mobs and could probably still be done with a healer CD...

Just don't be a Mongaloid and its fine. I mean in super high 15+ your not often killing more than 3-6 mobs at a time so it basically a dead affix on High M+ at all for the most part.

Or just don't kill everything at once. It's just Il'gynoth Mythic all over again. Hell, that's the entire point of the affix.

I prefer the affixes to have a more subtle influence actually. At the moment if I don't like an affix Ill take the week off or do a far reduced mythic plus. I would be happier if they reduced the effect of all of them a bit and upped the incremental damage/hp increases instead. I want to enjoy dungeons when I want too not when the affixes agree with me, may be just me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Will they also introduce a tab targetting system that actualy works alongside this ? Or will we have to cycle trought every enemy in the dungeon before targetting the explosive ?
    Na
    /Target macro to all damaging spells

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Not to be obstinate, but I believe they removed it because of your rebuttal. Affixes aren't meant to punish the bad players. The incoming damage & heath buffs alone already punish bad players. The affixes are meant to punish good/great players and push them to their limits. So if an affix is ignorable by any good player, it's not doing it's job.
    bolstering is completely ignorable, when you have good dps, who know how to take everything low before killing anythings, sanguine is completely ignorable if you have decent tank, volcanic is just annoying and not pushing you to the limits... see my point now?

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxut View Post
    After some quick googling I found:

Fel Explosives: While in combat, enemies periodically summon an Explosive Orb that will explode if not destroyed. Guess you just switch target and kill them asap?
    Grievous: While below 90% health players are afflicted with Grievous Wound. Like a bleed debuff I guess?
    Quaking: Periodically players will explode and damage nearby allies. Will be aids for melee!
    Bursting: When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks. RIP mass pulls!

That's what I found. No numbers in terms of damage or such though!

Added Bursting for those that might want that info!
    Ok, I'm not a hardcore super epeen heavy player, so maybe a lot of you disagree - but:

If I was a HEALER in any of these dungeons, I'd demand a guaranteed Legendary in the end as compensation for hair loss and consumed amount of heart pills!

/peace

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Melee have their volcanic now
    Melee already get volcanic, nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Holy pallies, rejoice!
    Why? It wasn't remotely hard to begin with...if you actually knew how to hold back and heal smartly i.e. TBC days. Only people that failed at overflowing are people who just mindlessly heal, which I wish the game still punished you for in other aspects of the game, like raiding. Isn't really a factor until later Mythic encounters.