Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Why didn't they meet the illegals prices? Or do low income jobs not count?
    Because they're paying taxes on their income and they don't live 10 to a house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Rofl, "fake outrage" - you just keep hitting empty buttons at this point. How adorable.

What were your reasonable arguments? And no fake outrage, please. Nvm - I just reread them. I answered your "arguments" and it's actually you who failed to address them.

Talk about your fake outrage. What a hypocrite.
    You don't think the DNC was rigged against Bernie and that various media outlets were helping Hillary behind the scenes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I wanted to open a discussion as to how the coast sees things, and how the mid west sees things.

We on the coasts tend to be more on the liberal side. We have plenty of jobs and opportunities as this is where many people live, in heavily populated states.

However, in the midwest, there are not as many opportunities, and not as many jobs. The man in this video explains in more details, feel free to give it a watch, and maybe try and understand how the midwest felt about this election.

What do you think about this message? If you feel that all Trump supporters are just racist bigots, do you take into consideration the things that are more important to these people? More important than LBGT rights?
    I watched this video and there were a few things he said that are just ironic when you look at how trump campaigned and what he's done since winning:

Despite losing their jobs and their factories closing down
    I would be upset too if someone told me that I was privileged in this situation, but if I voted for someone because they said they were going to bring jobs back to my country and then what they actually did was allow their family to continue bringing in more foreign workers to work for low pay in their vineyard, I would be pissed, not defending them. I don't care who you are, if you are elected based on a policy you supported all the way through, there is no way that you would allow your own family to publicly contradict it.

You've redefined the word racist to mean power privilege and prejudice
    Really? You don't think banning muslim's from countries that have never attacked America is racist? How about deporting citizens protected by DACA who are actually productive members of society?

Whether or not our Bronze tier obamacare plan covers little britneys cough
    If you cant afford it with Obamacare, could you have afforded it without?

You called people that disagreed with you racist sexist nazis
    So you voted for a man that likes to "grab em by the pussy"? Coz that's not sexist at all.

You've demonised us
    You mean like this? Or this? Demonising is trumps weapon of choice if someone or something upsets him he lashes out at them through twitter.

You are outnumbered
    Unless you count thepopular vote, in which case trump supporters were outnumbered...

The fact is that the man he voted for is guilty of a lot of the things he said he hates liberals for, so in my opinion, his argument loses a lot of weight based on that alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have stopped at what seems like a college kid pointing at him self as the working class or talking about coverage under Obamacare for little Debbie... but, I stop at him turning to the black guy to apologize, after saying he was being lynched, while complaining about identity politics.

In short, that video is 100% why Trump won, but not why the OP seems to think...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The mid west is also inherently lazier and less educated than the coastal areas.
    You've clearly never been to the Midwest if you believe people are inherently lazier than anyone else.

I've been there. People bust their ass for their jobs, for their families, and for what they believe in. Tell the farmers who are up at 4:30 every day of their lives and in the house at 9 pm that they are lazier than someone else. Same for the factory workers. And guess what? Just as many white-collar workers there as well.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    You've clearly never been to the Midwest if you believe people are inherently lazier than anyone else.

I've been there. People bust their ass for their jobs, for their families, and for what they believe in. Tell the farmers who are up at 4:30 every day of their lives and in the house at 9 pm that they are lazier than someone else. Same for the factory workers. And guess what? Just as many white-collar workers there as well.
    The point is these same people complain about lack of work and want the government to swoop in and save them but then turn around and call liberals lazy for not bootstrapping it and finding themselves jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... or they hated Hillary so much they would take anyone - but that hatred was also based on false news and deception.
    I didnt vote for Hillary because a strong woman, worthy of leading the country, wouldn't have let her husband humiliate her in front of ten billion people. She didn't divorce Bill Clinton because she craves power and position. That's the number one reason she didn't get my vote. Voting Gary Johnson was the easiest decision I made in 2016. I literally spend more time in the McDonalds drive through deciding my lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The point is these same people complain about lack of work and want the government to swoop in and save them but then turn around and call liberals lazy for not bootstrapping it and finding themselves jobs.
    It would be best if everyone would do their own work finding a job instead of expecting any government to swoop in and save them, no matter what side they're on.

As a previous poster said, go to town and apply at a fast food restaurant - they're all hiring. I have a Master's Degree, but I paid for it through jobs at three restaurants and Circuit City (and am still paying for it 15 years later).

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    You won't hear about it.

The history of "they took our jobs!" is pretty funny when you realize where it came from. When manufacturing was shipping factories and other jobs to Mexico, China, and other parts of Asia, there was big backlash from people losing their jobs. The companies who were shipping jobs overseas began a campaign to get the heat off of them. It was of course their fault. They were the ones moving jobs elsewhere. But to keep the heat and blame off themselves, their scapegoat was "The illegals are taking your jobs!" which of course was pushed and said by politicians in the pockets of these big companies.

Before all of this happened, we had an open border with Mexico. And again, this is another thing conservatives often have trouble understanding. Open border does not mean people can come and immigrate without going through a process. It simply means that they can visit without much fuss or vetting. When we had open borders, Mexicans came to the US for seasonal work picking crops and cleaning hotel rooms during picking season and tourist season. Then they would go back to Mexico and work more seasonal jobs there when the seasonal jobs in the US were done. This had been going on for most of the 20th century. Then, Bush Sr ended our open border with Mexico because of this "they took our jobs!" lie.

The jobs illegals work have ALWAYS been ones that Americans have never worked. Picking crops and cleaning hotel rooms has always been primarily Mexican "nomadic" workers.

But of course the easily fooled and gullible swallowed every word of their elected overlords. That it was illegals taking their factory jobs... even though the factories were, you know, completely closed down.

And ever since the 80's, that line that the illegals are taking American jobs has taken on a life of its own. The gullible and easily fooled still drink in every word of their elected overlords. They continue to believe lie after lie. After all, they want some kind of scapegoat. They can't blame their benevolent lords, the wealthy who "make jobs". Even though these people are the ones who shipped jobs overseas, we can't blame them. The wealthy are here to worship, not to blame for our plight. So we'll just believe politicians who claim it was the illegals.
    Really now??
    When I was young I mowed my neighbor's lawn for extra money. Now people just hire "landscapers" instead of giving the neighborhood kid money. I suppose one could argue the neighborhood kid would rather sit and play video games all day instead.
    You people are looking at the small picture.
    What about all those construction jobs?drywall, roofers, painters etc. Cooks(had a friend in HS his dad was ship's cook) factory jobs(like the one I mentioned earlier).
    Where/when I grew up we had a lot of Vietnamese immigrants that had shrimp boats. Now, these people were legal immigrants and I don't have any issues with that since they are American citizens.

You prove my point for me.
    Of course someone like you wouldn't let your bias get in the way of a realistic appraisal of Hillary and her record, nah nope nadda.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Because they're paying taxes on their income and they don't live 10 to a house.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think the DNC was rigged against Bernie and that various media outlets were helping Hillary behind the scenes?
    It has been proven that the DNC colluded against Bernie.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or, find some shmuck who is willing to do two peoples work for the pay of one. Depseration makes people take bad deals.
    This "America Won't Do" meme has to stop now.

First to your point, there are labor laws now that prohibit employers from underpaying people unless those jobs are illegally off the books. It is the governments job (state, local, federal, whatever) to find those employers and impose heavy fines/restitution to employees.

Now, this whole nonsense that illegals do the jobs that Americans won't do is simply false. [ed: Have you ever seen the jobs Americans do on Dirty Jobs?]
    You are failing to consider what happens when you flood the market with cheap labor: wages go down and jobs go off the books so employers can avoid paying taxes, benefits or providing a safe working environment.

Democrats claim to be champions of the poor and (legal) minorities and yet illegal immigration disproportionately hurts those exact people Democrats are supposed to represent.

Here are some examples of what happens when illegal immigrants are removed from factories:

- Swift and Co - a meat packing plant raided by ICE in 6 states. Over a thousand illegals rounded up. The result was that a large number of US citizens lined up in those states to take the now available jobs. It was reported at one of the plants that wages were raised from $9.55 per hour to $11.50 per hour to fill in the vacancies.

-- Another example at Howard Industries. After another ICE raid, in Laurel Mississippi, 500+ illegals were deemed ineligible to work. Hundreds of job applicants lined up to fill the open positions. The unemployment rate in that town was 6.8%. The article notes that many of the people lined up were African Americans.

Let the meme die
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    But nothing he says is solved by voting for Trump. Sure he has some points with some truth to them, but there isn't any real "meat" to the decision of voting Trump over Clinton here.
    Even his points are muted by his next comments. He went from bitching about liberals and identity politics, to few minutes later apologizing to a black guy next to him for saying lynched. Complained about Debbie trying to figure out why she us sick, and Debbie is sick and so poor, for coverage under Obamacare.

The one thing that revealed, is that support of Trump depends on everything and anything you can imagine, excluding Trump. The video isn't about Trump won, it's about why DNC lost. How much business does trump have in Midwest? Is that because he thought building a golf course in Scotland, while fucking over natives there, instead of Pennsylvania because of identity politics? Did Trump position to take citizens land through eminent domain to build office space?

I get they don't like "liberals", but every problem he mentioned is due to plutocrats, which is what Trump is... not a conservative or liberal... but, plutocrat. The counter to who Trump is, happens to be the working class, both white and blue collar, any race and any place on the political spectrum...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    So you voted for a man that likes to "grab em by the pussy"? Coz that's not sexist at all.
    People still love the guy who stuck a cigar in his underlings pussy. So why shouldn't they like a guy who said "they'll let you, if you are famous" He was clearly talking about Bill's experience.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Are you suggesting Hillary would have fought for anyone other than herself and her private and/or political interests?
    Based upon her voting history in the senate, absolutely. She may be a career politician with Wall Street connections, but for years now, she's already "fought for anyone other than herself and her private and/or political interests" on a regular basis. Surprise. People are more nuanced than your black-and-white world view would like to assume.

Trump, on the other hand ... lied about fighting for blue-collar America, and is now quite transparently fighting only for himself and his interests. Trump supporters handed America over to a narcissistic robber baron because he'd "bring back our jobs!" while spewing vitriol at a woman who -- while she may be a rich, career politician -- wouldn't have tried to start screwing them over in her first week in office.

Jeez, that guy was literally parroting /pol/ word by word.

The majority of white Americans voted for Trump because they believed in his entrepreneuring skills to bring back jobs to the working class not because some liberal called them a bigots and dwelled on "identity politics".

Not starving to death. Being able to afford medicine. Being able to cloth your children.
    None of which (Save medicine) were problems for the vast majority of Dump supporters. The correct response is that they FEARED not being able to buy food and cloth their children thx to Dumps lies.

And Dump just royally screwed them on Medicine by dropping the Canadian trade agreement and screwing them even MORE over via affordable insurance by repealing the ACA.

As for putting clothes on your kids? Hah - good luck doing that when he repeals Minimum Wage laws! :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-02-15 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I didnt vote for Hillary because a strong woman, worthy of leading the country, wouldn't have let her husband humiliate her in front of ten billion people. She didn't divorce Bill Clinton because she craves power and position. That's the number one reason she didn't get my vote. Voting Gary Johnson was the easiest decision I made in 2016. I literally spend more time in the McDonalds drive through deciding my lunch.
    How little time spent is usually an indication of not so well thought out plan. Plenty of women stay with husbands that cheat, including JFK. You are punishing her, for her reaction to her husband cheating. No wonder your selection was so fast... don't be so hasty next time... you were not DPSing the voting booth...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    So did Hillary....your point?
    He was agreeing that Bernie had a larger lead over Trump in the polls COMPARED TO Hillary's lead over Trump
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    People still love the guy who stuck a cigar in his underlings pussy. So why shouldn't they like a guy who said "they'll let you, if you are famous" He was clearly talking about Bill's experience.
    Yes, and he stuck his dick in many more. Do you honestly not understand the difference between grabbing them by the pussy and kinky sex? What's next, there is nothing wrong with what Trump said, because 50 shades of grey has a woman in bondage?

Edit: By the way, you do know how much it cost the tax payer as a result of the "guy they loved"? You do know he was impeached as a result, not became president?
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-15 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Based upon her voting history in the senate, absolutely. She may be a career politician with Wall Street connections, but for years now, she's already "fought for anyone other than herself and her private and/or political interests" on a regular basis. Surprise. People are more nuanced than your black-and-white world view would like to assume.
    If you have the audacity to think you know enough about me to comment on my "black-and-white world view," then you clearly have nothing to add to this conversation, because you already have your mind made up about whatever it is you want to believe and are only going to resort to the name-calling you've already demonstrated against me.

I didn't make an argument for or against anyone, just asked a question.

For the record, you have no clue what side I'm on, who I voted for, whether I am liberal or conservative, or if I voted. You just resort to name-calling.