T20 Paladin set bonuses

Cool, this latest PTR patch contains the current T20 bonuses.

Paladin T20 Holy 2P Bonus (New) Light of Dawn has up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your targets. More reduced cooldown when it heals lower health targets.
    Paladin T20 Holy 4P Bonus (New) Light of Dawn grants you Dawn's Light, increasing the healing of your next spell by 25%.
    Paladin T20 Protection 2P Bonus (New) Judgment has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown of Avenger's Shield.
    Paladin T20 Protection 4P Bonus (New) Enemies hit by Avenger's Shield deal 5% reduced damage to you for 5 sec.
    Paladin T20 Retribution 2P Bonus (New) Blade of Justice generates 1 additional Holy Power.
    Paladin T20 Retribution 4P Bonus (New) Judgment also increases the damage of Blade of Justice.

Prot bonus: T19 4 piece is going to be hard to give up, I've found it a huge help on higher level mythic dungeons, I wonder if I'm wearing 2 legendary rings if I could stack a T19 4 piece with the T20 2 piece? Probably that will be not allowed. And I wonder then if First Avenger or Crusader's Judgment will come out on top as they both will interact with this set bonus.

Ret: I must say that after how lame T19 for Ret was I'm excited to see a set bonus that actually changes the way we think about our rotation. I'm assuming the Blade of Justice bonus carries over to Divine Hammer, if not, lame. But how will the effect stat weights? Will haste become more important to maximise Judgment up time? Or will mastery finally become a half ways worth while stat? I'm thinking Mastery will see some increase but still be our worst stat where haste will likely move up a bit. Haste currently sims below crit and vers for me, I'm thinking this will increase it to equal with the other secondary stats if not put it as top. I'd be happy with that.

Holy: Well i don't have much to say as I've not played it since prelaunch but it sounds kind of interesting to me, having a conditional cooldown reduction based on how you use the spell. Anything that makes you think more about your buttons to get better results is usually good with me, but I wonder if it runs a risk of becoming obnoxiously complex.

The holy pally 2p and 4p seems really good to me.

If you use LoD efficiently it seems you can have some really good uptime on it which will be a good improvement to our Aoe healing. Then the 4p increases the healing of your next spell by 25%, which is really good as well and that seems to synergize well with the 2p. A lot of LoDs means a lot of that 25% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The holy pally 2p and 4p seems really good to me.

If you use LoD efficiently it seems you can have some really good uptime on it which will be a good improvement to our Aoe healing. Then the 4p increases the healing of your next spell by 25%, which is really good as well and that seems to synergize well with the 2p. A lot of LoDs means a lot of that 25% buff.
    My LoTM Cape is smiling in the background :P

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    Cool, this latest PTR patch contains the current T20 bonuses.

I'm assuming the Blade of Justice bonus carries over to Divine Hammer, if not, lame.
    The way they have been trying to push Blade over Divine Hammer recently I'd be shocked if this affects Divine Hammer. They don't like us doing AoE damage.

There's 0 chance a set bonus is just going to be voided for a certain talent pick. It will work on divine hammer.

I'm not terribly impressed by it. They seem pretty lackluster. Effective maybe, but nothing to write home about.

I don't think rets 4p will be good for M+ aoe, so I would farm M nighthold for titanforge t19 2p (or 4p if u don't have leg cloak/shoulders cuz we can have both 2p and 4p now) but I could be wrong, will need to be simmed and everything can change.

Deleted
    Not crazy about that 4 set for Ret. Blade of justice will probably become our biggest nuke, and theres all kinds of wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Not crazy about that 4 set for Ret. Blade of justice will probably become our biggest nuke, and theres all kinds of wrong with it.
    I'm kind of on the fence for now about it.
    They are looking like up to something regarding Judgement Smash, Crusade and BoJustice, to which a few artifact traits, and now t20 setbonuses, do indicate.
    All of it is being done around dragonslaying, with little to no though towards our PvP perspective given, makes me uncertain to a point.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2017-02-16 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Rag'n'Bone Man_-_Human

Yeah with the Ret set bonuses + the new golden dragon trait of 50% reduced Judgement cooldown during Wrath/Crusade. It seems very obvious they are trying to push a new rotation where judging outside of keeping the debuf up is useful ¯\(°_0)/¯ We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by HighHoltage View Post
    Yeah with the Ret set bonuses + the new golden dragon trait of 50% reduced Judgement cooldown during Wrath/Crusade. It seems very obvious they are trying to push a new rotation where judging outside of keeping the debuf up is useful ¯\(°_0)/¯ We'll see...
    Which is really silly when you stop to think about it, as it runs completely counter to the core mechanic of judge and our spec.

Weren't they the ones that didn't want to overload judge with too many extra effects?

Deleted
    It does run counter to the spec. The spenders are supposed to be the damage dealers.

oToH, up to 50% of our damage done comes strictly from TV.
    I would very much prefer to have not so huge a difference between our abilities.

Deleted
    Sure, i understand that. But the ret spec is about building HP and spend it. If the generators end up doing more damage than the spenders you get to the point where you will just not spend the holy power.
    Thought with that said, that is probably why the trait in the artifact has you empower the BoJ through the use of TV.

Oh well... end of the day, as long as we don't end up ignoring spenders just for the sake of raw damage and our single target damage gets better, i can live with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HighHoltage View Post
    which is kind of a stupid trait considering we can already have easily 100% uptime on Judgement debuff during Crusade?

I don't mind at all if it 'breaks' the spec. Generating and spending holy power is about the most boring concept they could've possibly come up with. It's quite literally rogue-lite: The only difference is that you don't have energy to manage. There's literally no direction to go but up with core spec design of Retribution.

Class Designer, you are all in my mind?

Deleted
    I must repeat myself: I'm not too crazy about the new focus they are putting on BoJ in 7.2.

I gotta say, i really dont like the ret bonus, my expectation is that ofcourse that DH will be affected, but it scares me to think they might not be so kind.
    I really would have liked Judjement to stop being a colousus smash and return to being a gap closer, especially when we are lacking so much in movement, and they could still have the effect where it buffs the next BoJ.
    As for the BoJ having an extra Hp, i would have gone in a different direction, something like 'Retribution is now an on use talent (replaces eye for an eye) making you take 10% less damage and jain 20% critical strike for 20 seconds, 1.45 min cd' can also be unable to use during wings to not make it op and numbers are obvioualy not calculated....

Making that stupid buff into an interactive one instead of wishing friends would sacrifice themselves in the name of your e-peen
    Last edited by killwithpwr; 2017-02-16 at 09:08 AM.

Madness will consume you!!!

4pc seems nice, since i have the LotM cape, but since Khara is coming to M+ next patch it will still be better to save a cloak slot for a super-upgraded Drape of Shame :-/