Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    It was the first build they put in. After the 3/3 traits you only get a 15 second reduction instead of the 20 second. So 2 relics will only give a 30 second reduction (granted you'll have a 4/4 trait which would give a total of 45secs with 2 relics).

So it might not be awful considering the 4th trait, but definitely will take a shit with the reduced fury generation from this tier.

Though Kib pointed out on discord 2 T19/ 4T20 might be the way to go.
    So it sounds like they just adjusted that artifact trait/relic combo to account for the extra traits you can pile on top. I'll have to draw conclusions closer to release when they've fleshed out the artifacts better, but I do see your point.

2T19/4T20 does seem like a great combo. That'd make First Blood blade dances generate, what... ~30 fury? In addition to Felblade and DBlades. And that's not even talking about AOTHG. Seems like any kind of fury issues would be gone for good with that setup. Then having DOG/COF/Meta relics going on top of that for 2min metas...

I'll um... I'll be right back.. lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    2T19/4T20 does seem like a great combo. That'd make First Blood blade dances generate, what... ~30 fury? In addition to Felblade and DBlades. And that's not even talking about AOTHG. Seems like any kind of fury issues would be gone for good with that setup. Then having DOG/COF/Meta relics going on top of that for 2min metas...
    You can't use Delusions of Grandeur and 2pc T19/4pc T20 together, so no 2-minute metas I'm afraid.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This needs to be changed; First Blood will be even more overpowered with this set bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Delusions is shoulders.

You cannot have 2-set/4-set bonus with it which is kinda sad given that combining the sets ruins the viability of a barely competitive legendary. Many classes have this problem, hopefully they will disable set stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    This needs to be changed; First Blood will be even more overpowered with this set bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Delusions is shoulders.

You cannot have 2-set/4-set bonus with it which is kinda sad given that combining the sets ruins the viability of a barely competitive legendary. Many classes have this problem, hopefully they will disable set stacking.
    Totally overlooked that -- you're right. It's a bit of a bummer, IF you have the shoulders. I guess what it would ultimately come down to, if you were choosing to run 2p19/4p20 or Delusions/COF/Meta relics for 2min Metas, is that very decision on how to play. I guess that could work, seeing as getting the shoulders is a complete crapshoot given how the legendary system is in its current state.

This bars any changes they plan on making to acquiring legendaries in 7.2. Only time will tell, since they've yet to reveal what they've got planned.

My biggest fear is that CoF is nerfed as to not bring last tier trinkets into new tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this seems like it would pigeonhole you into taking First Blood, I feel if they buffed the other two options a little bit they might still be viable. The set bonus would then just give you another global to hit when you don't have fury (since it would only be free without first blood) and it would crit pretty often.
    Isn't the 4 piece devalued a bit considering we stack crit already? I'm not sure though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Isn't the 4 piece devalued a bit considering we stack crit already? I'm not sure though.
    Not really. We will just stop getting crit one we reach 50% (which is already very high).

I don't understand what is the problem with blade dance becoming mandatory, because it already is.
    Chaos cleave and bloodlet are not optimal talents for raiding.

Totally unrelated, but did you guys see the new legendaries that were datamined? The leather one we get gives 5% movement speed on each kill, lasting 5 minutes. It stacks 5 times and at 5 stacks we get further movement speed and turn into a wisp while out of combat and can fly. It's pretty cool, but considering that we'll have unlocked flying anyways at that point it's not really as good as...

...clothies being IMMUNE TO STEALTH? Jesus Christ man, I want that cloth legendary instead! During "daytime", they can flat out SEE STEALTH and Invis, assumingly at any range and regardless of any other factors. A stealthed rogue is there clear as day to them. At night, they get 15 yards added to their aggro radius... but that stealth thing, man. Can I just wear all cloth gear and equip that? Because I'll totally do it - Demon Hunters can use intellect, right? I'LL READ BOOKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Messij View Post
    I don't understand what is the problem with blade dance becoming mandatory, because it already is.
    Blade dance is mandatory this tier

This is the first indication (other htan the comment there wouldn't be significant changes in 7.2, although a minor talent nerf/buff isn't significant) that it would be mandatory next tier too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Maybe they could balance it out by changing the Throw Glaive relics from % damage increase to +1 bounce. Would increase the potency of the Bracers and Blootlet quite a bit. Perhaps a bit too strong but I'm not a numbers guy, I'm an idea guy. Also it would just be funny watching it bounce all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Messij View Post
    It's not a question of the ability being mandatory or not. The issue lies with the set bonuses making the First Blood talent (not the ability Blade Dance itself) so powerful that it would outperform even in cleave/AoE situations where Bloodlet or Chaos Cleave may have shined before.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear: I'm excited about the bonus, I don't mind using First Blood, and the bonuses sound super fun. I'm all for it. But I know Blizzard and their design tendencies. They don't like when one talent in a row is a staple and renders the other two useless, so much so, that they have historically nerfed the powerful talent, instead of buffing or changing the other two competing talents. And so, if they fuck with First Blood for T20, what are they going to do for T21+ where we will no longer have that bonus?

Deleted
    Not thinking about Furygain and what else, am i the only one thinking this is extremely boring and lame for a t-set? Dunno, but to me it looksl ike there was almost 0 work into designing. Just boring, lame and nothing i would expect from a t-set.

Make First Blood base and replace it with a talent that allows blur to reset Fel Rush.

Chaos Cleave, Bloodlet and that ^ would make for a solid tier.

It makes the set bonus equal no matter the spec. While they might be bland, they're very strong bonuses.

So presuming that these set bonuses stick around, will this greatly increase demonics viability? Seems like the 30% haste and GCD reduction you get in meta and the extra deathsweeps you get will be pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    So presuming that these set bonuses stick around, will this greatly increase demonics viability? Seems like the 30% haste and GCD reduction you get in meta and the extra deathsweeps you get will be pretty huge.
    Well, demonic and 2220311 already take First Blood and use BD on cooldown, so both would benefit.
    Demonic would appear to be in position to benefit a little moreso, from the extra DS as you mention.
    So I would say that these bonuses would definitely increase the "viability" of demonic. Whether it would GREATLY increase it's viability, however, remains to be seen. It's worth noting that demonic has a good bit of ground to make up on 2220311 for most fights.

I'd like to see the fury gain stay for sure, might make it so we could use something other than the ring

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    It was the first build they put in. After the 3/3 traits you only get a 15 second reduction instead of the 20 second. So 2 relics will only give a 30 second reduction (granted you'll have a 4/4 trait which would give a total of 45secs with 2 relics).

So it might not be awful considering the 4th trait, but definitely will take a shit with the reduced fury generation from this tier.

Though Kib pointed out on discord 2 T19/ 4T20 might be the way to go.
    Don't forget that Relics will be able to have a second random trait on them, so you could go as high as 10 in a single trait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Don't forget that Relics will be able to have a second random trait on them, so you could go as high as 10 in a single trait.
    Have they shown examples of this yet?

I'd be incredibly surprised if they let Relics get two of the same trait. Specs like Ret would be absolutely absurd with that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    2PC changes the need to spec into Blade Dance's cost reduction and makes the other two talents more viable. Personally I think this frees up the cleave on Chaos Strike to be more mainstream, obviously depending on fights. But looking at many of the other set bonuses out there, alot seem to favour damage towards cleave/aoe rather than singletarget.

And if it doesnt, 2PC makes Blade Dance a Builder instead of a Spender, and will negate some of the bad luck on 60% Demon Blades or for those who does not yet have the Ring.