Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't give a fuck.

The sheer quality of life improvement the smoking ban has brought alone justifies it. The health benefits are just the cherry on the cake.

And yeah.... I did some diggin' on the author of that piece of spin doctoring.

https://www.cato.org/people/jacob-grier couldn't give less of a fuck about what this dude has to say. It's not his first lobby piece.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-02-15 at 07:40 PM.

and yet, I don't miss smokers in restaurants at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it was perfectly fine, I'd still be happier with it banned in public places. Even as a smoker I prefer public places to be clean(er) air.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I don't think you'll find a single rational person that would say the smoking bans were bad. The fact that second-hand smoke isn't a big issue in regards to cancer doesn't really mean much. Smoking odor is foul...ask any smoker that quit, and you'll find that about 3 months later they realize how nasty their smoking habit was in regards to stench.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Except those that do.......
    Don't force other people to smell your disgusting fumes from your disgusting habit. Go smoke on your own property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Don't force other people to smell your disgusting fumes from your disgusting habit. Go smoke on your own property.
    Who was forcing you into a bar?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeh thats not smoking in/at the bar, is it?

Your option is to LEAVE the bar.
    I mean, your option is actually to just go to a bar that allows smoking.
    We have them here: http://imbibenobhill.com/site/index.php

That's the one I was talking about earlier. I guess it's even crazier than it was back when I went to it -- smoking anywhere in the building (except the humidor, of course). Just find one that jumped through the hurdles to be a "private club" and BAM, tons of rules don't apply. Not sure if that works everywhere, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Pretty sure my asthma disagrees with this single study....
    What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Even not counting health issues, nothing justifies causing distress to others in public places with your disgusting smoke. The smell makes me feel physically sick. Gets on my clothes and hair too, so I'd have the pleasure of smelling the crap even after I've left. (Anyone near me would have the pleasure to smell it from me as well.)
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Yea, I'm interested in the actual studies, not articles from a journalist with no credentials in the field. This is why I know very few of you have any scientific background. You think a news article is compelling evidence. Then again, most of you believe gender is real and science based, so that really says it all.
    In science and academia, 'article' and 'paper' are typically synonymous. And if you do as Nixx said and go to Google Scholar, you'll see that it's returning research articles.

It's not news articles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Who was forcing you into a bar?
    This is why I'm glad we have laws that prevent inconsiderate pricks from forcing other people to inhale the fumes from their harmful and disgusting habit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    What are they again?
    Research Articles. Academic Articles. Review Articles.

What they aren't, is whatever you're trying to cast them as.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I am wondering if the blog poster even read the articles he cited, because they don't actually say what he says they said ... so of the articles they quote actually state there are health issues attached to Second Hand Smoke (just that Cancer or Heart Disease may not be as much of a factor as we originally thought ... NOT that it isn't a factor). I am sorry, this is a blog article hiding behind the fact most people won't bother to read the full article cited and just read the abstracts if anything.

No scientist worth their degree is going to say Second Hand Smoke is harmless, even articles he quote don't say that. The ones that do are literally academic opinion pieces and guess what? That's all they are good for, someone voicing their opinion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cigarettes smell like anal cancer

I'm not buying it.

I am a smoker, not as much as as I was when younger. But I dont think smoking in public is fair. Its a nasty habit that is yours, not those around you.

I don't smoke in my house or in my truck as I usually have non smokers around me, only in my private back yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    A clear case of "ends justify the means". Imagine being at a movie theater and the guy next to you can just pull out his cigarettes and chain smoke them. That wasn't uncommon back back in the day.

Thirty years of second-hand smoke myth bullshit finally being debunked, yet somehow if you question the validity of climate change you are some kind of altitudinous fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Stop trying to justify your filthy habit. Second hand smoke is gross. get over it.
    Stop being an intolerant smoker bigot. We don't complain when you try to convert us to veganism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Stop being an intolerant smoker bigot. We don't complain when you try to convert us to veganism.
    Except what you eat don't affect others, unlike ass smoke from cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by 6k MMR Lolicon View Post
    Thirty years of second-hand smoke myth bullshit finally being debunked, yet somehow if you question the validity of climate change you are some kind of altitudinous fanatic.
    It hasn't been debunked. Science doesn't work by picking only the evidence you like. Even more so when we're dealing with things that are essentially stochastic. If you do enough studies, you're going to come up with an unlikely result eventually. Especially since not everyone is equally good at statistical analysis.

And yeah, if you question the validity of climate change without actually understanding the science and what the theory actually says, then you're just making judgments based on decidedly unscientific reasons. There's also a large difference in rigor between epidemiology and physical sciences, the latter of which climate science is part of.