Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Pharah needs a nerf on console

She's so damn hard to hit in the air, she needs a larger hit box. Pre-nerf Turb turrets weren't even close to as annoying as pharah is currently. It was fine before she could play from half the map away. Hell, I would even settle for a larger hitbox only while flying.

She just ruins the game for me, I never feel like I get OWNED unless its by a pharah. If I'm not playing hitscan and the enemy team has a pharah it seems like it is a guaranteed loss.

I'm sure a lot of PC players will say "git gud" and all that, but unless you actually play console I don't think you have any idea how frustrating it is.

I'm on the verge of abandoning all my friends on Xbox to play solo on PC.

EDIT: PC players need not reply, this is about console.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-02-24 at 07:49 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swap to something that counters her. If she's far away, you can easily dodge her rockets, if she's close, you can shoot her.

You even came up on the idea yourself
    If I'm not playing hitscan and the enemy team has a pharah it seems like it is a guaranteed loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Swap to something that counters her. If she's far away, you can easily dodge her rockets, if she's close, you can shoot her.

You even came up on the idea yourself
    What counters pharah? That's easier said than done when you are the only healer and S76 is taken and on a mad flank.

I mainly play support and tank, Zarya can hold her own if she is charged and pharah is bad. A good pharah will bounce you around from miles away.

Do you play console? Life is rough with the sticks.

I will try to learn Ana but in my experience scoping in and trying to do damage with her gets very little value.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-02-15 at 10:10 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reaper/Junkrat change please, Phara's killing us

- the other 5 team members

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    She's so damn hard to hit in the air, she needs a larger hit box. Pre-nerf Turb turrets weren't even close to as annoying as pharah is currently. It was fine before she could play from half the map away. Hell, I would even settle for a larger hitbox only while flying.

She just ruins the game for me, I never feel like I get OWNED unless its by a pharah. If I'm not playing hitscan and the enemy team has a pharah it seems like it is a guaranteed loss.

I'm sure a lot of PC players will say "git gud" and all that, but unless you actually play console I don't think you have any idea how frustrating it is.

I'm on the verge of abandoning all my friends on Xbox to play solo on PC.
    You're expecting PC to be any different? If there's a pharah getting babysat by a mercy you're at god's will

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Reaper/Junkrat change please, Phara's killing us

- the other 5 team members
    It's even harder to ask for people to change on console, you can't type and no one uses voice chat.

The best I can do as a zenyatta/zarya main is spam "group up with me" or "I need healing" and hope someone gets the message.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Mate she needs a nerf on PC as well, but that isnt likely.
    In a world of S76/Roadhog/incoming bastion/any tank PHARAH of all people does not need a nerf

Mouse and keyboard need to be disabled on console first before any nerfs arise. It's hard to aim with her on a controller but when someone plugs in their mouse it's really unfair.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What counters pharah? That's easier said than done when you are the only healer and S76 is taken and on a mad flank.

I mainly play support and tank, Zarya can hold her own if she is charged and pharah is bad. A good pharah will bounce you around from miles away.

Do you play console? Life is rough with the sticks.

I will try to learn Ana but in my experience scoping in and trying to do damage with her gets very little value.
    Anything with a long-range hitscan weapon. Soldier, McCree, Widow, Ana all work. If you're decent at prediction, Zenyatta can also do massive damage to her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mouse and keyboard need to be disabled on console first before any nerfs arise. It's hard to aim with her on a controller but when someone plugs in their mouse it's really unfair.
    I agree 100%, It's not fair at all. I'm not going to spend $150 to cheese the game. I'd rather play with honor and use the sticks or switch to PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Anything with a long-range hitscan weapon. Soldier, McCree, Widow, Ana all work. If you're decent at prediction, Zenyatta can also do massive damage to her
    I can do ok vs pharah if she isn't high in the air (as Zen), sometimes I get lucky and all I have to do is discord her and harmony my hitscan. Most games I don't have teammates that get it. But I agree that at the right distance or with a bit of luck/prediction zen can sort of hold his own. If the pharah knows how to play, forget it, I'm better off tossing out discord and hiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Mate she needs a nerf on PC as well, but that isnt likely.
    I would get less tilted if I had a mouse to aim with.

-----------------------------------

I'll try to learn Ana, but again - scoping in and trying to hit pharah out of the air seems like a bad way to play Ana. The more time I spend trying to do damage, the less healing I do.

At least you guys can communicate on PC without voice chat. I have no way to tell my team "guys, if you want heals you need to kill pharah"
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-02-15 at 10:24 PM.

Sadly according to blizzard, it's a sony and microsoft problem??? Which I don't understand, how can their game natively be mouse and keyboard supported? Don't they have to program something to make it work in the game itself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly according to blizzard, it's a sony and microsoft problem??? Which I don't understand, how can their game natively be mouse and keyboard supported? Don't they have to program something to make it work in the game itself?
    Sorry I don't understand what you are asking.

You mean they can't ban people for using a XIM, that it is up to sony/microsoft?

Blizz chooses to not allow mouse and keyboard on console because it compromises the integrity of the game, it's just not far to face someone with a mouse while using the sticks. The problem is that there are accessories that allow you to plug in M&KB and the game recognizes it as a controller.

Sorry I don't understand what you are asking.

You mean they can't ban people for using a XIM, that it is up to sony/microsoft?

Blizz chooses to not allow mouse and keyboard on console because it compromises the integrity of the game, it's just not far to face someone with a mouse while using the sticks. The problem is that there are accessories that allow you to plug in M&KB and the game recognizes it as a controller.
    Blizzard can't ban mouse and keyboard players because it's 100% legal, what I'm confused about is that for some reason there is no way for them to disable mouse and keyboard in game and that sony and microsft has to do it yet wouldn't they of had to create mouse and keyboard support for overwatch in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can't ban mouse and keyboard players because it's 100% legal, what I'm confused about is that for some reason there is no way for them to disable mouse and keyboard in game and that sony and microsft has to do it yet wouldn't they of had to create mouse and keyboard support for overwatch in the first place?
    They don't have a mouse and keyboard option though. The only way to use a mouse on console is to buy http://xim4.com/ and for all the game knows, the input comes from a controller.

what do people mean when they say "hitscan"? or stuff like 2-2-2 meta etc. I just play to play so Im not caught up on the overwatch lingo.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    what do people mean when they say "hitscan"? or stuff like 2-2-2 meta etc. I just play to play so Im not caught up on the overwatch lingo.
    Hitscan is instant hit when you fire at the place you're aiming, the alternative is projectile wich is like hanzo arrows (hits with a delay). 2-2-2 meta = 2tank 2dmg 2 healer

I play on both PS4 and PC and Pharah always gives me a hard time when she focuses on me (Usually I play Lucio, Zen or Mercy). Best way to deal with her for me has always just been using Soldier... But even then, good Pharahs can be slithery. I feel you, OP...

However, I personally don't think it warrants a Pharah Nerf.

Amen to that. People who complain about Pharah have never played Pharah.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    also stuff like "hitscan" is fps lingo rather than OW. basicly non-ingame-projectile weapons that instantly hit the enemy. The program literally scans for a hit, there is no bullet or projectile traveling between the gun and the target.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-02-16 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    one of the things i don't get about this game is why low skill heroes are so rewarding to play

you kind of give up that freedom when players have to subscribe to your service to play a game

PS4 already has mouse and keyboard support. Blizzard is the one who has chosen to disable it.