We also don't know if the volus have any hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    To say nothing that Aethyta herself had some small patches of scaly skin on her cheeks and neck, due to her own krogan ancestry.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the face with the rape smile?

*shudder*

No thanks.

Mark Vanderloo (the dutch model used for male!shep's face) is a very handsome man, but when translating his face to videogame form, something got lost in translation, and his smile became something that warped from "sexy" to "stuff my nightmares are made of"
    Yeah, when you take a screenshot and you need 50 times to get it done of course you can get something like that.

I've never seen something more ridiculous than a 60 kilo woman headbutting a krogan.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yeah, when you take a screenshot and you need 50 times to get it done of course you can get something like that.

I've never seen something more ridiculous than a 60 kilo woman headbutting a krogan.
    Ehm, do we actaully know weight/height for femshep, didn't find it on the wiki?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Ehm, do we actaully know weight/height for femshep, didn't find it on the wiki?
    Just look at her, does she look like a female bodybuilder?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I mean unless they want a direct recon from the trilogy it has to be an Asari ancestor. They could but i doubt it. We'll see in game
    " The offspring resulting from such interspecies pairings are always asari as no DNA is taken from the partner. Instead, the asari uses the meld to explore her partner's genetic heritage and pass desirable traits on to any offspring and as a "map" to randomize the genes of the offspring.http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Asari"

No retcon has to take place. Asari can take the traits of their non-asari mate and incorporate it into their off springs DNA. Even if you won't accept that nothing says that Asari didn't have eyebrows at one point in their evolution.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    " The offspring resulting from such interspecies pairings are always asari as no DNA is taken from the partner. Instead, the asari uses the meld to explore her partner's genetic heritage and pass desirable traits on to any offspring and as a "map" to randomize the genes of the offspring.http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Asari"

No retcon has to take place. Asari can take the traits of their non-asari mate and incorporate it into their off springs DNA. Even if you won't accept that nothing says that Asari didn't have eyebrows at one point in their evolution.
    They probably did have eye brows or at least a population did that probably where Peebee got them. The tweet directly mentions genes in her ancestry tho, as Asari don't get DNA from and thus genes from their fathers, it can't be from his genes unless they retcon.

They do use the fathers genes as a road map tho. Matriarch Aethyta had a temperament similar to a Krogan and even had what almost looked like a scale pattern on her face. But that is reshaping asari DNA using a map, to make the child mimic the fathers traits. However, she has none of the fathers genes at all. Could Peebees ancestor have mated with and alien with eyebrows and that trait passed on? Yes. But it would still be Asari DNA.

I mean its possible it could be a trait from the father and Ian just miss spoke and said gene instead of trait

Wait a minute first contact is what 2157 What if Peebees mom was a deep space scientist/explorer studying the humans around our time irl, before we found the first relay, and her dad was a human astronaut or something that she found and banged. Would explain her eyebrows and wanderlust.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-15 at 11:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    However, she has none of the fathers genes at all. Could Peebees ancestor have mated with and alien with eyebrows and that trait passed on? Yes. But it would still be Asari DNA.
    You seem to be missing the part where the traits they take from a mate become part of the child's DNA. So it can be passed on from generation to generation if an ancestor took that trait. Clearly they copy the DNA in order to get a trait which means they would possibly be getting recessive parts of that gene. The DNA is all Asari but it would be a copy of the non-asari gene in order for a trait to exist.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they said if male or female Ryder will be canon yet?

Just look at her, does she look like a female bodybuilder?
    Shepard does have noodle arms when out of armor in ME3. I remember seeing the screenshots. That said, at that point she IS a cyborg, so you can kinda handwave it away.

I'm also annoyed at people doing ''improvements'' to character faces in Photoshop. First, well, it's freaking photoshop so obviously it's easy to make something that looks good from one angle. Second, maybe, just maybe the character designers don't want everyone to look like a barbie doll or an anime girl.

I mean, I'm probably going to not use the default face if I do a female character myself, I'm not a fan of how young she looks. But it happens every single time a female character isn't ''hot'' enough, and it gets tiresome tbh.

You seem to be missing the part where the traits they take from a mate become part of the child's DNA. So it can be passed on from generation to generation if an ancestor took that trait. Clearly they copy the DNA in order to get a trait which means they would possibly be getting recessive parts of that gene. The DNA is all Asari but it would be a copy of the non-asari gene in order for a trait to exist.
    I never disagreed with that. The kid gets an asari gene that mimics the trait of the father gene. But calling it a human gene implies she has human DNA, that's why he corrected himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    And who the hell plays an RPG and plays with the default characters?
    This guy. I never bother with character creator, it doesn't actually affect the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    This guy. I never bother with character creator, it doesn't actually affect the character.
    I only do when the default is fugly.

For real male shep looked amazing.

Every time I see a custom shep I just cringe because the original is so much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never disagreed with that. The kid gets an asari gene that mimics the trait of the father gene. But calling it a human gene implies she has human DNA, that's why he corrected himself.
    If its an asari gene that is copied from a human gene then for all intents and purposes it is a human gene, just not made up of human DNA.

Ya was pretty funny but i think the headbutt was more of a shock thing anyway. Shep was a cyborg in addition to whatever gene therapy and other implants she had from before, iirc we also dont know if standard Mass Effect armor has a strength boosting effect. I mean she was running around and using a full sized claymore (they had a new smaller model in 3) and the original full sized widow rifle.

With enough implants even the most petite ladies can kick serious ass. Makes me wounder about Scott and Sara, they have the atleast SAM implant i wounder if they have increased strength.

If its an asari gene that is copied from a human gene then for all intents and purposes it is a human gene, just not made up of human DNA.
    At this point it's semantics.

Its a copy just not the actual gene. If you artificially synthesize your genetic code in a lab, you get an artificial copy of your genes not your genes, you don't actually physically pass anything along.

It's a mimicked human gene but still an Asari gene.

If he would have said that it was a passed down trait from her father then people on his twitter probably wouldn't be confused.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-16 at 02:37 AM.

Oh yeah, Hawke. Another one that looked great as default.

Its not just in that screenshot. Every single time the default male shep smiles, I get the hibbie-jibbies. Its like watching an aproximation of a plastic robot trying to understand human emotion.

And this happens precisely because of how photo-realistic it looks. Default female shepard, and custom shepards of both genders look clearly fake and "videogamey", but a face that is photo-realistic, amidst an endless sea of average videogame faces just sends the wrong vibe. Its the same reason I find Miranda so unnerving (Its her frontal teeth mostly) though thank god the Illusive Man was done much better (in no small, part because he was always in a darkly lit room and he doesn't show all that many emotions on his face, he keeps a straight poker face during most of the game)

What you call ridiculous, I call badass. That scene looks insanely more badass to me on a female shepard PRECISELY because of the height and weight difference between the two.

Its the same reason why when a hulking mountain of muscle kicks the ass of 20 guys, it doesn't seem all that impressive. But when a skinny little midget does it, he looks like the embodiment of awesomeness.

If you think its not realistic, hello? You're playing a game that involves cloning, cyborgs, pseudo-jedi powers, bringing people back from the dead, mind-control, faster-than-light travel, lego-genetics, aliens, and green space magic that can meld organic matter with synthetic matter, across an entire galaxy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Whatever floats your boat man. Me, I never bother with the default faces. Whenever I can give a touch of myself to a character I'm gonna be playing as (Doubly-so in an RPG) I always do it, rather than settle for whatever default the game hands out.

This is specially true in Mass Effect because like I said, the default face of male shepard is a photorealistic scan of a real person's face, whereas the faces of everyone else, are clearly fake and videogame-like. The contrast between the two is just awkward as fuck for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoonGateClimber View Post
    Have they said if male or female Ryder will be canon yet?
    They've never said that the gender of any specific character is canon in any of their games. (Revan and The Exile from KOTOR being the exceptions, and that's mostly out of pressure from LucasArts who wanted to make tons of expanded EU stuff out of the Old Republic Canon)

This one is an even more glaring particular case, because both versions of Ryder will be canon in the game. Who gets to be the protagonist is determined by the player, but both siblings will play a part in the story.

Hopefully they wont cheap it out like Fallout 4 did, where both genders of the protagonist were actually husband and wife, but the one you don't play as, doesn't make it past the prologue.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-02-16 at 03:42 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

Well, they have a point...

Yvonne Strahovski had a much better model 7 years ago.
    Ugh, this is pretty ridiculous. The model looks "bad" because of the silly expression and the direct lighting (particularly on the eyes), not the model.

The photoshopped version isn't "better". Rossi's nose looks more like the model's; they narrowed it for the photoshop. The eyebrows are more managed in the photoshop, but frankly, for an explorer, the natural look on the model is better. The eyes in the photoshop are a more natural and relaxed expression, and that's the main benefit. And then they added smoky-eye eyeshadow. The eye color looks odd in the original, but I can find glamour shots of Rossi where hers are just as pale, so I put that down to lighting, especially when we've got other screengrabs like this, which don't look nearly as bad;

Basically, the entire argument can be summed up as "candid shot with poor lighting and no makeup doesn't look as good as photoshopped glamour shot that was the best of hundreds taken that shoot".

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Basically, the entire argument can be summed up as "candid shot with poor lighting and no makeup doesn't look as good as photoshopped glamour shot that was the best of hundreds taken that shoot".
    Pretty much.

I don't base my impressions off a concept-art kit. I base them from actual screenshots, taken from the actual game. With proper lightning, expressions, and context.

That said, my very first preview of Ryder's face wasn't the best impression.

I mean, look at this shit:

That has to be one of the most plastic facial expressions I've ever seen. Though Bioware has been very adamant that those were quite a far cry from the finished product and that they've "worked tirelessly to improve them" before the game goes gold.

We'll see how true that holds.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

A few cool new tweets
    https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/831969338580033536

The Nomad can have 4 or 6 wheels with different handling for each set up.

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/831908041276563456

Once again we have a ME3 gun, Thus time an N7 show up with a promise to an explanation in game. Hello Cerberus

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, guys, those albums in social networks your friends upload, with hundreds photo pics? If you look at them, occasionally on some pics the person will look absolutely stunning, but on others he/she may look like a monster: it depends a lot on the lightning, the activity the person was doing, the momentary facial expression, whether the eyes are closed or not, whether the person is aware of being photoed or not, whether they put their make up on that day or not... What you are essentially doing is picking the worst pic from the whole album and then complaining that your friend is an ugly duckling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    It was actually a good addition to the game and should ahve been something more common. That being a goodie two shoes can have unforeseen consequences. Shep didn't know the citadel itself would be compromised by Cerberus and couldnt do anything to stop it, but that doesn't mean everything aligns well just because of your good nature.
    I agree here. In most games, sadly, the player is almost always rewarded for being good, with very rare penalties for that - while being bad usually backfires badly, with a lot of the essential characters dying/suffering. It would be nice if in more games you had to make a compromise between always doing the right thing, and sometimes having to face unforseen (unpleasant) consequences of doing so.

With regards to Kelly, I thought she was just going to change her ID quickly, and continue helping the refugees. I guess I didn't understand the choice very well. In this interpretation, indeed, the choice is much more grey - although I still think that saving Kelly should have been a priority: regardless of how good we are, we still tend to put the ones we care about deeply before everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.