Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Disc Priest in BC. Reflective shield was such a beast.

The only time a Class really made me enjoy ever button was MS Warri in BC

Swingtimer + Windfury Totem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Sub Rogue pre-Legion.

Not sure what idiot felt it needed "fantasy," because that spec was so much fun and so rewarding to play precisely.

Now I'm stuck with half-hearted Sin, ugh.
    sub was alright to me in legion till energy nerf since 7.1.5 my energy is so slow to regen i lost all fun i had with my rogue

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    1. MoP holy pally

2. 3.3 Ret pally

3. MoP arms/fury

4. MoP Ele shaman

5. Wotlk MM hunter

Warriors in MoP were so much fun!!!!

Definitely the best warriors have been.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC Era Holy Priest!
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

All time favorite would be i think it was around 4.0 was Duel wield unholy dk.
    Best per class
    Icc hunter/mop hunter/current survival is really fun despite being melee
    Mop/4.3 warrior either specs
    pre legion sub
    wotlk frostfire bolt mage
    vanilla 2h enhance/wod enhance, legion is ok too havent touched it much.
    MoP lock all specs were great.
    woltk resto mop/late cata boomy were both great
    wotlk ret paladin
    mop spriest/disc/holy i liked them all
    WW all patches/BM/ww Siege also fun as hell
    Dk: obviously the unholy dw in early cata, and Togc Blood dps

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP Affliction Warlock

Casting and draining on the run was fantastic.

Its a shame that Blizzard could not get the damage and design right and gutted the spec.

Affliction at the end of WoD was good too, but only because they boosted the damage so much that it was a single target wrecking machine, however it was not very fun to play.

Sub Rogue pre-Legion.

Not sure what idiot felt it needed "fantasy," because that spec was so much fun and so rewarding to play precisely.

God Legion Subtlety is horrible

The only part of my character that I have played for 12 years that I still recognize is the transmog

They really screwed over Subtlety mains in their efforts to make the spec more appealing to people who might play it as their 5th alt
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Restoration Shaman, all patches since TBC.

I've never had a severe problem with Resto, and the playstyle has been fairly consistent, no matter how much they change the little abilities. Tidal Waves, Earth Shield, the changes to cooldowns all felt right. I think peak might have been Cata, but that was mostly due to the stacking mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss 2h enhancement shammy
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    mop destro locks /thread

I liked:

Vanilla Rogue
    MOP Destro Lock
    WoD BM Hunter
    Legion Fire Mage

Fire Mage is currently my fav, but I feel they took it a step backwards when they removed all the damage from the RoP window. The Early Legion Fire Mage machine gun rotation with 60% crit was pretty freakin' awesome gameplay if you ask me.(that early flame on, bwahahahaha)

For the most part I'm just going to say MoP overall had the best class design. WoD basically ruined what was good about MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I want everyone to think back to the best iterations of every spec in the game, and point out what you thought was the most fun.

I'll give my top 10.

1. 7.0 Unholy DK
    2. 4.3 Assassination Rogue
    3. 4.3 Arms Warrior
    4. 7.0 Enhancement Shaman
    5. 3.0 32/39 Frost/Unholy DK
    6. 4.0 Retribution Paladin
    7. 5.4 Frost Mage
    8. 1.2 Enhancement 2h Shaman
    9. 7.0 Frost DK
    10. TIE - 3.3 Affliction Warlock / 3.3 Balance Druid
    You can't have enhancement up there twice. Either 1.2 was the best or 7.0 was the best.

I question your list and many others "best" is something that is quantifiable. Favorite is highly subjective, fun is subjective.

Is best where YOU had the most fun? Is best balanced? Is best when said class outperformed all competitors? Did you play other classes long enough to form an opinion during that period?

I mean my list would probably look something like this [insert] patch number for given time period during specific xpac. (In order)

Warcraft:
    Warlock
    Shaman
    Rogue
    Warlock

BC:
    Warlock
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Warrior (wut?)

WotLK:
    Warrior
    Priest
    Shaman

Cata:
    Shaman (enh)
    Shaman (ele)
    Paladin (holy)
    Hunter (MM)

MoP:
    Monk

WoD:
    Hunter

Legion:
    Demon Hunter

This brings me back to my original question. How do you define best? If resilience hadn't been added I probably would have continued to play glass cannon builds. While most of the time class changes have me changing classes altogether, sometimes its simply design philosophy that kills a spec. Example is Burning Crusade... each class already had its own patch and class review in vanilla, by BC we didn't see any major class changes beyond the addition of new spells and new talent tiers.

My absolute favorite was 4.1 elemental shaman. (When fire nova spouted from flame shock targets and increased the duration of flame shock if hit by a fire nova other than the target from which it spouts) This meant that a person effectively could have an infinite duration on flame shocked targets (assuming no one dispels) (that's obviously broken though) highly effective against of a group of clumped retards... not so effective as our only strong aoe in PvE.

Enhancement shaman during ICC was a blast, and probably the only reason I switched to elemental, was because the changes in cataclysm killed the spec, and it hasn't been fun since. I hear that enhancement played a lot like it did in ICC at the beginning of legion, but I have become so disenchanted with the class changes that I really didn't want to bother to give it a shot and then be disappointed at max level.

Oh and anything that makes shockadin viable is hella fun.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-02-14 at 11:28 PM.

Sub Rogue pre-Legion.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    God Legion Subtlety is horrible

The only part of my character that I have played for 12 years that I still recognize is the transmog

They really screwed over Subtlety mains in their efforts to make the spec more appealing to people who might play it as their 5th alt
    And this.
    I miss pre-legion Rogue, especially Subtlety.

Legion Subtlety is an abomination of a spec, worst designed spec I've ever played in my 11 years of playing. Going from WoD to Legion is like being offered Pepsi when I want Cola, but Cola doesn't exist anymore..

Its like if someone brushed paint all over the Mona Lisa/Scream paintings and then praising them for it.. How unwilling and stubborn do you have to be to think Legion Subtlety is well-designed and an improvement over WoD Subtlety? Jesus christ the class devs are incompetent

Deleted
    1. 6.2 WW Monk
    2. 5.4 Enha Shaman
    3. 6.2 Enha Shaman
    4. 7.1.5 Fury Warrior
    5. 3.3.5 Frost DK

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    You can't have enhancement up there twice. Either 1.2 was the best or 7.0 was the best.

I question your list and many others "best" is something that is quantifiable. Favorite is highly subjective, fun is subjective.

Is best where YOU had the most fun? Is best balanced? Is best when said class outperformed all competitors? Did you play other classes long enough to form an opinion during that period?
    On your first point. I included Enhancement twice because I'm looking at all iterations of every spec over the course of time, I'm not just looking at each spec and saying at what point was this spec the best. So if there's just a huge pool of options, Enhancement 7.0 version and Enhancement 1.0 version are both superior to a pile of other spec iterations.

On the list subjectivity. You're right and that's really why I made the thread. I think it's okay to have a thread discussing subjective opinions, we don't need objective truths to have an interesting discussion.

Disc priest in WOTLK prior to ICC
    Prot warrior in WOTLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Disc priest in WOTLK prior to ICC
    Prot warrior in WOTLK
    Here here!