Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)

Combined with the fact that both the Audio Drama and Legion saying he died.
    notice how he said " we may change it it may not be cannon" also where in legion/audio drama does it say archimonde is GONE AND DEAD not just "defeated"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    We don't know how long it takes to reform. Could take years for a large demon.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard already said they fucked up by not making 2 cinematics. Archimonde died in the nether canonically.

- - - Updated - - -

That statement he sent you SAYS he did. As of this moment their intent is 100% that he is dead. So no he did not die on Draenor.

Also you could easily say he was shooting that beam through a portal from where we killed him. Nowhere in the video do you get a full view of him on the ground. Also fel saturation of the land is apparently enough to perma kill a demon.
    yes you can, because you see archimonde on draneor, you do see him on the ground like 3 times in the cinematic, first when hes falling down you can see the background of draenor
    second view when hes holding his hand out lifting guldan, no beam in sight, then it turns to him, and again you see him still on draenor, then he falls and dies on draenor and yes fel satuarion, but it needs a WHOLE PLANET fel saturated, not just a small area, a planet like argus, nothing but fel left, so much that it begins to warp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Azzinoth, Hakkar... I'm still waiting for them.
    as said above about hakkar

azzinoths soul is stuck within the warglaives, we see this as his spirit is being forced to fight us in the mythic guldan fight when illidans inner demon fights us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    Most disappointing for me was Ner'zhul. Just a tad underwhelming considering all the damage that MU Ner'zhul did.
    He was the big bad for an entire zone, much better than what Kargath and Doomhammer got.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Another one missing, where is Varimathras, he died in Undercity which is even less Twisting nether, then let's say Hellfire Citadel (outland) which is basicly floating in it (if you fly off the edges of the continent).

But yes, seeing Legion Illidan meet Magtheridon again would be nice, so would Sylvanas meeting Varimathras again.
    he betrayed his brothers.... murdered them to join sylvanas... i dont think his brothers "treated" him very well in the twisting nether...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he betrayed his brothers.... murdered them to join sylvanas... i dont think his brothers "treated" him very well in the twisting nether...
    And yet he still betrayed Sylvanas to join his Master...even after betraying them as well. Why? Maybe he has a different master.

notice how he said " we may change it it may not be cannon" also where in legion/audio drama does it say archimonde is GONE AND DEAD not just "defeated"

- - - Updated - - -

yes you can, because you see archimonde on draneor, you do see him on the ground like 3 times in the cinematic, first when hes falling down you can see the background of draenor
    second view when hes holding his hand out lifting guldan, no beam in sight, then it turns to him, and again you see him still on draenor, then he falls and dies on draenor and yes fel satuarion, but it needs a WHOLE PLANET fel saturated, not just a small area, a planet like argus, nothing but fel left, so much that it begins to warp

- - - Updated - - -

azzinoths soul is stuck within the warglaives, we see this as his spirit is being forced to fight us in the mythic guldan fight when illidans inner demon fights us
    No you literally do not see him on what you can 100% confirm is Draenor. Never do you actually see the area where his body is lying while he's in the cinematic. you see the ground which *gasp* looks the same as the ground you are on in the nether.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No you literally do not see him on what you can 100% confirm is Draenor. Never do you actually see the area where his body is lying while he's in the cinematic. you see the ground which *gasp* looks the same as the ground you are on in the nether.
    https://puu.sh/u50f5/70914caa3c.png

notice how the background is all fel green, and has trees, and hellfire cannons?

https://puu.sh/u50h6/66149c6168.jpg

notice how hes laying on the ground, with draenor in the background

https://puu.sh/u50iM/0b5f91a544.jpg

notice how you see draenor in the background?

https://puu.sh/u50kK/3a1b94f068.png

notice how YOU STILL SEE DRAENOR in the background

https://puu.sh/u50mt/f2fc305352.jpg

NOTICE HOW HIS BODY IS LAYING ON THE GROUND, IN DRAENOR SURRONDED BY ORCS AND DRAE?

oh wait "you never see him on the ground in draenor, you never do see his area where his body is laying...

except you do
    and its right there

https://puu.sh/u50Bx/1df44c5f38.png

i mean his body is right fucking there for a good 2 seconds, right in the middle of the screen

1. i kept the counter so you can see where in the video they are

2. actuallty watch the video before you spout random bullshit?
    holy shit, in every thread you try to call me stupid and yet you dont even spend 15 seconds to check your own claims

Mod Edit by Aucald: I edited your post because the size and number of the images and text in the post were a bit much. If you resize the images down a bit you can feel free to re-embed them in your post. In the future if you embed images please ensure they're not large dimension-wise, especially if you plan on using multiple. Thank you.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-02-16 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Removal of Oversized Images

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter where you see him. Blizzard has said that the cinematic wasn't what they intended, they wanted him to die in the Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It doesn't matter where you see him. Blizzard has said that the cinematic wasn't what they intended, they wanted him to die in the Nether.
    except they said that "they did intend for him to die, but it wasent conveyed in game well, so they may change their mind"
    and overall i think that would be cool, ive allways wanted a council fight, kiljaden and archi, one a caster the other melee, a tank for each, having to tank swap, sorta like a emperors fight

so again the argument is "for now hes dead but blizz could decide to bring him back" well people like pure are going "nah hes 100% dead no way he can come back, if blizz brings him back the lore is ruined more then it allready is"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-16 at 12:51 AM.

except they said that "they did intend for him to die, but it wasent conveyed in game well, so they may change their mind"
    and overall i think that would be cool, ive allways wanted a council fight, kiljaden and archi, one a caster the other melee, a tank for each, having to tank swap, sorta like a emperors fight

so again the argument is "for now hes dead but blizz could decide to bring him back" well people like pure are going "nah hes 100% dead no way he can come back, if blizz brings him back the lore is ruined more then it allready is"
    I totaly want that too and maybe KJ will take velen and corrupt him so we have to go to the council fight and fight the three but only rescue velen and cure his corruption
    so we can fight the three leaders of the eredar that all have powers diffrent than other
    my smart friend
    but people here you cant talk to if the cinimatic didn't convince them
    if blizard wanted archimonde dead forever they said ((archimonde is dead(.))
    not saying we are not sure
    no one knows the future if im wrong your wrong Selastan is wrong
    no one seen the future

love how pure called me out saying there was 100% no way he was wrong and i was stupid

i then proved him wrong with evidence
    and he ignored me then logged off abit after

love how pure called me out saying there was 100% no way he was wrong and i was stupid

i then proved him wrong with evidence
    and he ignored me then logged off abit after
    some people cant stand that they are wrong my smart friend XD
    in most conversation of diffrent opinion you must put a small chance that your wrong
    and I agree your evidence is more than enough but as I said even if blizzard brought archimonde again and I hope so
    they will complain that they where right and blizzard is wrong
    like some weird people commenting that we killed KJ in the sunwell when it was shown that we only pushed him back to the portal
    you cant talk to these people so you can convince them my smart friend

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    some people cant stand that they are wrong my smart friend XD
    in most conversation of diffrent opinion you must put a small chance that your wrong
    and I agree your evidence is more than enough but as I said even if blizzard brought archimonde again and I hope so
    they will complain that they where right and blizzard is wrong
    like some weird people commenting that we killed KJ in the sunwell when it was shown that we only pushed him back to the portal
    you cant talk to these people so you can convince them my smart friend
    English isnt your first languge i presume?the my smart friend doesent sound english, it sounds allmost russian?
    dont worry im not great either, dislexyia
    but the second person speak "my smart friend" sounds creepy

English isnt your first languge i presume?the my smart friend doesent sound english, it sounds allmost russian?
    dont worry im not great either, dislexyia
    but the second person speak "my smart friend" sounds creepy
    true my friend im from the Arab Peninsula
    and my english sucks

Here's the thing:

Blizzard can ALWAYS decide for somebody to come back.

They can bring Arthas back, they can bring Garrosh back, they can bring Varian back. They brought Kael'thas back, they brought Vanessa back etc.etc.

It really doesn't matter if they say they might change their mind of him dying. He is dead ATM, and that was their intent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While that would be cool, Varimathras was summoning demons all over the Undercity so most likely his master is still the Legion (and thus Sargeras)
    Not all Demons serve the Legion...

Azzinoth, Hakkar... I'm still waiting for them.
    Hakkar is a loa and has nothing to do with the Legion. Azzinoth was a demon Illidan killed and consumed as a
    demon Hunter, you encounter him on the mythic phase of Gul'dan as Illidan's inner demon .

My bad - I was thinking about Hakkar the Soulflayer , not Halkar the Houndmaster >>
    Last edited by Nero Stormchester; 2017-02-16 at 11:19 AM.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Hakkar is a loa and has nothing to do with the Legion. Azzinoth was a demon Illidan killed and consumed as a
    demon Hunter, you encounter him on the mythic phase of Gul'dan as Illidan's inner demon .
    Yeah, noticed it in the From Scratch video, but... isn't the glaive supposed to be the one? Didn't Illidan split them into two?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    My bad - I was thinking about Hakkar the Soulflayer , not Hakkar the Houndmaster >>
    Happens, actually even Metzen had problems with them. Same name for two different character...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He flooded the Undercity. Sure there might be demons serving Old Gods on other planets but it is unlikely that they'd be their primary minions, nor would they have a reason to use demons instead of whatever they had locally.
    Might be? Its a primary point of Chronicle that Dreadlords were found worshipping them. Even though Blizzard intended it as an all-purpose encyclopedia of lore, it was clearly a Legion tie-in. Don't forget there was an important Old God serving demon in this expansion as well. Its foreshadowing something.

Yeah, noticed it in the From Scratch video, but... isn't the glaive supposed to be the one? Didn't Illidan split them into two?

Happens, actually even Metzen had problems with them. Same name for two different character...
    Correct. The warglaiges where one weapon. But they were really simply the blade. Stuck together. So your hand fit in like a glove. And it had two blades. Just imaging trying to hold the warm glaives both in one hand and that's what you get

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Reading comprehwnsion.

The blue post told you how they thought it went down and avknowledge the conematica gailure to translate it to people qho havnt figured out yet mythic only content =canon.

Hes DEAD forwver right now Unless they change that. From the looks of Kiljaeden eating dust next i guess they stuck with DEAD.

Also Guldan Know how the legion is immortal. Yet he calls the warlocks. SLAYER OF Archimonde. Why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

He was the big bad for an entire zone, much better than what Kargath and Doomhammer got.
    MU nerzhul took power and created his own downfall and priaon as the lich king after the wvents of BtDP.

The human and orc wars never happened in AU.

Furthermore the Legion is very aware of our presence and throw their aupport behind guldan fully removing the mask of deception.

- - - Updated - - -

Might be? Its a primary point of Chronicle that Dreadlords were found worshipping them. Even though Blizzard intended it as an all-purpose encyclopedia of lore, it was clearly a Legion tie-in. Don't forget there was an important Old God serving demon in this expansion as well. Its foreshadowing something.
    A small group of dreadlords. Kind of like the twilight Hammer Clan being so obsessed with oblivion and the void.