Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Well, come on now. You basically just called all liberals ugly.

And the opinion that political stances have any grounds on someones physical attributes is pretty dumb. But, that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, no matter how foolish it sounds.
    There are studies out there that prove that conservatives are more attractive, which makes sense. Higher earning power -> higher investment in yourself and your well being.

Also, generally less conflicting ideals, less cognitive dissonance which leads to more charisma.

10+ Year Old Account
    The day politics dictate who you date and who you don't is the day you push politics too far.

Likewise, people who stop speaking to friends and family members because they have opposite views also take it too far.

It's beyond me how people can literally decide to shun someone based on an ideal. I don't get it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    There are studies out there that prove that conservatives are more attractive, which makes sense. Higher earning power -> higher investment in yourself and your well being.

Also, generally less conflicting ideals, less cognitive dissonance which leads to more charisma.
    That's funny, all the studies I've seen say the exact opposite: that conservatives in the US tend to be less attractive and lean more towards willful ignorance and cognitive bias, which makes sense. More personal issues -> more religiosity -> less investment in actually improving society.

I think we've all experienced it with the fake news cycle. I even read an interview with people who produce fake news saying they tried it on liberals but it just didn't work, so they went back to only producing it for conservatives who gobble it up like fat children in a candy store.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I don't care if people align with R or D...

but if you're a Trump "SUPPORTER", that means you support the person... not their political aspirations.

I support everyone trying to improve themselves and enlighten themselves.

Trump supporters choose to live in the dark ages and cry witch at anyone that brings scientific facts that show that the earth isn't the center of the universe.

I don't know how I could ever date or respect someone that willfully chooses ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The day politics dictate who you date and who you don't is the day you push politics too far.

Likewise, people who stop speaking to friends and family members because they have opposite views also take it too far.

It's beyond me how people can literally decide to shun someone based on an ideal. I don't get it.
    Same here. One of my best friends voted for Trump. Of course he regrets his decision now but neither one of us was going to cut the other off for not liking either candidate. That's just nuts and I'd argue that people who were willing to do that weren't really all that close to begin with.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Still not getting it?

When you care more about having a job to feed your family yeah you don't give a fuck about the environment etc.
    I understand how people feel. But they're still wrong. A fucked up environment is bad for the economy (among other things) and hence fucks with their ability to make ends meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Same here. One of my best friends voted for Trump. Of course he regrets his decision now but neither one of us was going to cut the other off for not liking either candidate. That's just nuts and I'd argue that people who were willing to do that weren't really all that close to begin with.
    That's my thoughts as well. Although, sometimes I think people's self-righteousness can overlap -- but I guess they tend to hang with people of relatively similar values?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Would you date a trumpanista?
    Probably not, because I'm only interested in people that a) are educated, b) aren't stupid, and c) aren't malevolent/petty.

And as far as I'm aware, every Trump supporters fails at least one of those criteria. Hell, most people fail at least one of these criteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

90% of the time it's better not to express your political views and just sit quiet listening and nodding to whatever they say if things start getting political, It's just not worth getting in to.