Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage T20 Set Bonuses

Item - Mage T20 Arcane 2P Bonus (New) Greater Invisibility instantly grants you 4 Arcane Charges. When you leave Greater Invisibility, your damage is increased by 20% for 12 sec.
    Item - Mage T20 Arcane 4P Bonus (New) Casting Arcane Missiles reduces the remaining cooldown on Greater Invisibility by 5.0 sec.

Item - Mage T20 Fire 2P Bonus (New) Fireball has a 15% chance to make your next Pyroblast or Flamestrike a guaranteed Critical Strike.
    Item - Mage T20 Fire 4P Bonus (New) Pyroblast and Flamestrike increases the damage of your next Pyroblast or Flamestrike by 10% for 8 sec.

Item - Mage T20 Frost 2P Bonus (New) Frozen Orb increases your Critical Strike damage by 30% for 10 seconds.
    Item - Mage T20 Frost 4P Bonus (New) The cooldown of Frozen Orb is reduced by 5 sec whenever you gain Brain Freeze.

The Arcane one is REALLY interesting.

Turning Invis into a DPS cooldown.

Arcane turns one of the best def cds into a burst cd... on mythic this will suck.
    Fire looks lame and undertuned.
    Frost looks strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Arcane turns one of the best def cds into a burst cd... on mythic this will suck.
    Fire looks lame and undertuned.
    Frost looks strong.
    Yeah, but remember that the sets are now 6 pieces, meaning you can still use 2 set from one and 4 set from new tier

That Arcane bonus needs a rework. Using our only DR CD for damage is really shitty.

Not to mention Greater Invisibility is on the GCD. That's going to feel awkward.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2017-02-15 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    Yeah, but remember that the sets are now 6 pieces, meaning you can still use 2 set from one and 4 set from new tier
    Wow. True. So 2P T19 Frost is going to be really good with 4P T20.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yet another RNG element to Fire with the 2P bonus. Roll the dice and suck at DPS, or be overpowered.

Why can't we just get an effect that flat out increases our benefit from crit or mastery rating? That would be so nice instead of this RNG crap.
    /sighs

The arcane bonus is a bad idea.

Either you're eliminating a unique utility that arcane mage has because you have to use it for damage.

Or you're sacrificing your damage because you need the utility.

Either way it feels bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    Doubt they will let something like that go live

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They'll likely add tier 19 to the "Legacy Set, Bonus Disabled" thing.

On the other hand it would feel pretty awkward if on opening of ToS your "old" and up to yesterday current tier 19 set will suddenly turn off. I think they would let that coexist. It is a trade-off anyway. You limit yourself to certain slots, limit your choice in legendaries potentially.
    The dungeon sets right now from say court/arcway are not disabled either - it is just very hard to get them in equally high ilvl as the raid sets. I think the same drawback will be there for the sets from NH and ToS competing. ToS set will be - generally - easier accessible at the ilvl that is current at the time and you will need luck and/or determination to get the NH set at an adequate level to this. And this will limit you in how you wear TF/WF procced offset etc. In the beginning you might wear the two sets side by side but at some point you will likely have to drop the old set in favor of higher ilvl. I don't think it will be that big of a deal.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-02-15 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Why wouldn't they? There's a cost to equipping 6 pieces of tier. That cost is giving up the slot that is currently taken by our best legendary, and likely taking lower ilvl pieces in general.

On topic. I don't like the arcane set. Tying a defensive cooldown into offensive gain is usually dumb.

I can only see the 2 set for arcane being nice in the opening

And during fights it's going to be super awkward... ;//

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    On topic. I don't like the arcane set. Tying a defensive cooldown into offensive gain is usually dumb.
    see: demon hunters

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like Arcane will be pretty fun again with one extra cd to blow our loads on
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way is just flip Frost's T19 bonuses, since 4p is pretty trash.

Item - Mage T20 Arcane 2P Bonus (New) Evocation instantly grants you 4 Arcane Charges. When you finish or cancel Evocation, your damage is increased by 20% for 12 sec.
    Item - Mage T20 Arcane 4P Bonus (New) Casting Arcane Missiles reduces the remaining cooldown on Evocation by 5.0 sec.
    Would be much better
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't think just replacing greater invis in the current incantation of the t20 set by evocation makes it better. You are instantly put into a corset of the time your evocation comes up - which already has its own pacing which is dictated by your mana consumption. This is fluid - depending on your legendaries and the rate at which you spend it which is influenced by how much (temporary) haste you have. I wouldn't want more constraints on my mana timings.
    I'd rather have it this way if it cannot be directly linked to AP. It isn't ideal that you have to decide between offensive and defensive usage of greater invis now but I think the defensive usage will just take priority and you will gain an offensive benefit in any case although you might not have the cd stacking you'd have prefered. If you'd tie the damage increase to evocation a on pull cd stacking would not be possible at all (atleast not without a following mana starvation) which is a greater loss in many scenarios.
    It is also pretty interesting that you just might use greater invis on cd if the cd comes of fast enough and use if off sync with AP. This would lead to you always be the one with the least threat on the boss in your raid - which is nice. You won't need it to drop threat because you already did so.
    You might overall actually gain more overall defensive usage out of this than without the set which is a big plus if you sync each greater invis to some big aoe or the like and throw out the initial idea to sync it with AP. I think there is some interesting gameplay here to be had.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-02-16 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Item - Mage T20 Arcane 2P Bonus (New) Evocation instantly grants you 4 Arcane Charges. When you finish or cancel Evocation, your damage is increased by 20% for 12 sec.
    Item - Mage T20 Arcane 4P Bonus (New) Casting Arcane Missiles reduces the remaining cooldown on Evocation by 5.0 sec.

Would be much better
    Agree 100%, but that 4P would literally be the T19 4P * 2.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Using invisibility like this does not feel right. GrInvis sure is class and spec specific, but tying it to dmg rota will make it only that - an enhancer. The normal use for GrInvis is suddenly gone. There is no way I will use it in defence anylonger if it means my next burn will be lesser. I also feel it's no logic lore-wise. Why would using a strong flee-mechanism suddenly turn into an offensive one?
    I hope Blizzard rethinks this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chymey View Post
    Why would using a strong flee-mechanism suddenly turn into an offensive one?
    Surprise attack? You sneak into somewhere with invisibility and nuke down your enemies. Makes perfect sense.

I love arcane 2p and hope it'll stay that way.