Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Should probably go see a doctor if a video game is giving you literal cancer.
    well considering i removed the pet bar from my existence I don't need one
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even sure what you're really complaining about with the pet bar. The most annoying thing about the pet is Garuda deciding she's going to take 5 billion years to use contagion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the should just give contagion to the actual SMN. It seems way to important to be on the pet since it can have an impact on your rotation.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I wouldn't mind not having to deal with Garuda being a derp, I don't think contagion is that important. Its a QoL spell.

Not even sure what you're really complaining about with the pet bar. The most annoying thing about the pet is Garuda deciding she's going to take 5 billion years to use contagion.
    with a controller the pet bar messes with your hotbar, I use R1 to switch between 2 hotbars and with the pet bar enabled it replaces a hotbar in the cycle, just up right replaces it. Hence why I have it disabled.

Originally, it was because of the placement of Away when compared to my Hunter pet bar in WoW. It's right where I have my Attack button placed, so I had several times where I hit it mid-combat and dismissed my pet. I got used to it eventually, but I just don't see why Away is actually on the bar at all. I can't think of any situation off the top of my head where I'd want to dismiss one pet without summoning another to replace it. So hitting the wrong button mid-combat means you have to waste a Swiftcast or spend a long time summoning your pet again.
    If you could rearrange the pet bar, you could set it up in a way that makes sense to and functions more efficiently for you, the same way you can set up the rest of your bars.

As for Contagion just being a QoL spell, nah. It's a straight up DPS increase. It's less time you have to spend applying DoTs, so more time you have to fire off Ruin Is/IIs/IIIs. It adds up over the course of a long fight. Imagine being able to do that while using Ifrit. It'd be borderline OP.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

15+ Year Old Account
    While ultimately it increase dps over a long fight, it is a QoL spell. You can live without contagion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Originally, it was because of the placement of Away when compared to my Hunter pet bar in WoW. It's right where I have my Attack button placed, so I had several times where I hit it mid-combat and dismissed my pet. I got used to it eventually, but I just don't see why Away is actually on the bar at all. I can't think of any situation off the top of my head where I'd want to dismiss one pet without summoning another to replace it. So hitting the wrong button mid-combat means you have to waste a Swiftcast or spend a long time summoning your pet again.
    If you could rearrange the pet bar, you could set it up in a way that makes sense to and functions more efficiently for you, the same way you can set up the rest of your bars.

As for Contagion just being a QoL spell, nah. It's a straight up DPS increase. It's less time you have to spend applying DoTs, so more time you have to fire off Ruin Is/IIs/IIIs. It adds up over the course of a long fight. Imagine being able to do that while using Ifrit. It'd be borderline OP.
    The difference in performance between Ifrit and Garuda, even in the long run, is marginal at best unless the fight has mechanics that make a ranged pet perform better than a melee pet.

There's a even a dedicated section in this very in depth guide discussing this topic. They both have their uses, and are competitive in end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Contagion is a personal DPS increace for you, however Ifrit is your most damaging summon. Unlike Garuda, it can auto attack and it's special skills, including Enkindle, are all more damaging. Which one comes out ahead is very situational.

You can generally get away with leaving Ifrit on Sic too. He may not get everything perfect, but he'll use his stun appropriately and generally cast Radiant Shield on cooldown. Garuda on the other hand will completely mess up Contagion if you've not set her on Obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The difference in performance between Ifrit and Garuda, even in the long run, is marginal at best unless the fight has mechanics that make a ranged pet perform better than a melee pet.

There's a even a dedicated section in this very in depth guide discussing this topic. They both have their uses, and are competitive in end game content.
    I always just considered Ifrit for packs and garuda for bosses for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Contagion is a personal DPS increace for you, however Ifrit is your most damaging summon.
    Which is why I was saying being able to use Contagion as a personal spell at the same time as using Ifrit-egi would be borderline OP. The increased damage (no matter how slight, higher damage is higher damage), less time spent reapplying DoTs, and the damage from Ifrit's Radiant Shield all at the same time, it would be no contest except on extremely movement heavy fights.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Contagion is a personal DPS increace for you, however Ifrit is your most damaging summon. Unlike Garuda, it can auto attack and it's special skills, including Enkindle, are all more damaging. Which one comes out ahead is very situational.

You can generally get away with leaving Ifrit on Sic too. He may not get everything perfect, but he'll use his stun appropriately and generally cast Radiant Shield on cooldown. Garuda on the other hand will completely mess up Contagion if you've not set her on Obey.
    This is exactly why I almost always use Ifrit, because I don't have to micro manage him and my performance doesn't suffer enough to make that extra work worthwhile IMO even on trash packs since Radiant Shield from Ifrit is just as good, if not better, than Garudas AoE attack.

Also, from an enjoyment factor, micromanagement of a pet is not fun for me, but basic management (attack, placement, etc...) is cool since it IS a pet and you're playing a pet class. If I absolutely HAD to micromanage the pet to be competitive I'm not sure I'd enjoy SMN which would be a shame because it's my favorite class both lore wise and aesthetically in this game. I am still worried enough about performance to not purposely gimp myself, and therefore my groups, by playing intentionally badly, I just am not a hardcore min/maxer.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I always just considered Ifrit for packs and garuda for bosses for the most part.
    Really use Ifrit if he can stay on the boss and garuda if the boss moves alot

- - - Updated - - -

just unlocked scholar and well just ugh I have no energy to level it

also can I only put certain things in the armory chest?? The only thing it's allowing me to store is the level 50 white mage stuff I got from the story quest, and not the better looking one of the 2 either.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it, just why..

..Back to floor 51 we go...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    also can I only put certain things in the armory chest?? The only thing it's allowing me to store is the level 50 white mage stuff I got from the story quest, and not the better looking one of the 2 either.
    Are you talking about the Armoire? If so then yes only certain items can be placed into it. Artifact gear, event gear, certain quest gear. List of most of the gear that you can put into it. Not sure if its been updated recently or not.

If you're not feeling like leveling SCH, you can level summoner instead and it'll level sch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yep, it's rather limited. Mostly unique gear like seasonal event stuff and the 50 class stuff (not the item level 90 version though) goes into it.
    @Anzaman: /comfort

Sat in my Hotel room right now in Frankfurt unable to sleep. FANFEST HYPE IS REAL BOIZ. Also Insomnia but mostly hype levels. Oh and obligatory hype train image.

Are you talking about the Armoire? If so then yes only certain items can be placed into it. Artifact gear, event gear, certain quest gear. List of most of the gear that you can put into it. Not sure if its been updated recently or not.

If you're not feeling like leveling SCH, you can level summoner instead and it'll level sch.
    I might actually do that, I think i might just be burned out on leveling a healer... again and a healer with a pet just annoys me though I did like arcanist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sat in my Hotel room right now in Frankfurt unable to sleep. FANFEST HYPE IS REAL BOIZ. Also Insomnia but mostly hype levels. Oh and obligatory hype train image.
    Have fun! I hope you take pictures and share with us =3

Have fun! I hope you take pictures and share with us =3
    Didn't take a camera with me. Not really the photographing type. Although could just use my smartphone I guess. Just gotta learn how to use it still since I only just traded in my Razr for it . YES A RAZR! But alas a bit off topic with the phone thing,
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-17 at 01:19 AM.