Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The election was so stupidly close that I think trying to pin it on any one thing is kind of pointless. Comey swinging later voters, constant stolen email drip, decades of fake smoke, weak ground appeal, poor campaign planning, poor messaging etc etc. Any of them alone could have been the fatal blow.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ake-77-cents-/

It does point out that the figure is only true when looking at the total US workforce, and does not hold when looking at the same job pay equality. So its true, but misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yes, they were stupid. They believed in Dump telling them unemployment was really at 40%, that the ACA was killing people and that the sky was falling cuz "Democrats in charge".
    But they were supposed to stick with the party\Hillary because, even though things for them have gotten worse the last 8 years, Hillary is definitely going to save them?
    You're throwing out generic internet insults, assuming you know why Trump won, which I think goes back to pretty much why Hillary lost. Clearly the people didn't feel Hillary had any interest in them or too many of the Dems didn't get out to vote (or both). What internet insults are you throwing out for the ones that didn't vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It does point out that the figure is only true when looking at the total US workforce, and does not hold when looking at the same job pay equality. So its true, but misleading.
    Yes, a short talking point lacks nuance. That's hardly surprising and its a serious walk back from "false".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yes, a short talking point lacks nuance. That's hardly surprising and its a serious walk back from "false".
    Its intentionally and knowingly misleading, which is par for the course.

The video in the OP might as well be the real reason this insanely stupid "art" project was shut down. It was pathetic and embarassing from the get go, but that video went more viral than the project itself. Shia would have seen that coming if he wouldnt be so busy autofelating.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    More Trumpet deflection and obfuscation. I provided you with arguments and you just hand-wave them by. But it's adorable you keep asking for the very thing you refuse to provide.
    What argument, that Hillary was the best candidate? Rofl, that's certainly an argument but more a perspective and highly subjective one at that. I stand behind my statement that no candidate in the race was worth anything at all. Grats on being a giant tool here though with the Trump insinuation, if I was a supporter I might feel bad but since I didn't vote for the idiot I only can chuckle at your inability to see anything but "Friendly" or "Trump Supporter" on this board. It's quite comical.

Where's my deflection and obfuscation again? Oh right, not anywhere to be found.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    problem is you have this quoted mind set fighting against that idea that keeps a new option from even getting the foot in the door.
    Mind elaborating on that a little more? Having trouble understanding what you mean. (Also want to make sure if "you" is personal or not before reacting)

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Mind elaborating on that a little more? Having trouble understanding what you mean. (Also want to make sure if "you" is personal or not before reacting)
    not "you" I mean we as a general in the US have persons with that posted quotes mind set that only the big two can win, if enough voted for a 3rd party they get a piece of the play money and a better chance at the big boys (don't even have to win but just for starts get like 5% to get in the big game)

The reason he won is that the vast majority of America hates Clinton. Before anyone states that "Clinton won the popular vote" you have to realize that about half the country didn't vote. So people would rather not vote than vote between Clinton and Trump... let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Most Trump supporters were either lied to or faked out by false news. That or they hated Hillary so much they would take anyone - but that hatred was also based on false news and deception.
    I gather you're talking about CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, Buzzfeed, Rolling Stone, and the rest of the gang?
    Or are you by any chance refering to The Onion?

As for the video itself, the guy spoke well. One by one people will come to their senses, not today, not tomorrow, but soon enough. The thing with hysteria the left is propagating at the moment is that it can't last for very long without exhausting itself out.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    What argument, that Hillary was the best candidate? Rofl, that's certainly an argument but more a perspective and highly subjective one at that. I stand behind my statement that no candidate in the race was worth anything at all. Grats on being a giant tool here though with the Trump insinuation, if I was a supporter I might feel bad but since I didn't vote for the idiot I only can chuckle at your inability to see anything but "Friendly" or "Trump Supporter" on this board. It's quite comical.

Where's my deflection and obfuscation again? Oh right, not anywhere to be found.
    Actually, I just looked back over our history in this thread, and neither of us provided any substantial arguments. We've been debating thin air, scoring points off nonsense. Both of us.

I thought you were the other guy in another thread, lol.

not "you" I mean we as a general in the US have persons with that posted quotes mind set that only the big two can win, if enough voted for a 3rd party they get a piece of the play money and a better chance at the big boys (don't even have to win but just for starts get like 5% to get in the big game)
    That's one aspect I definitely like about our electoral system in Canada. Since having more than two "viable" parties gives a chance for a Minority Government, which forces all parties to work together and listen to each other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    It always goes back to source shaming....color me shocked.
    Shames tumblr. Also continuously screams "fake news" at anything but Breitbart and Fox.

Gets triggered that Breitbart is called a terrible news source.

I'm loving it, this is textbook irony.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I gather you're talking about CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, Buzzfeed, Rolling Stone, and the rest of the gang?
    Or are you by any chance refering to The Onion?

As for the video itself, the guy spoke well. One by one people will come to their senses, not today, not tomorrow, but soon enough. The thing with hysteria the left is propagating at the moment is that it can't last for very long without exhausting itself out.
    You mean the "hysteria" of Flynn being fired? Or the "hysteria" of Trump working with Russia for years being completely true, including and especially for his Presidential run?

Will the "exhaustion" come in the form of Impeachment or resignation?

Let me ask you this: when you chug the Kool-aid over there at Breitbart - do you have your eyes open or closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    That's one aspect I definitely like about our electoral system in Canada. Since having more than two "viable" parties gives a chance for a Minority Government, which forces all parties to work together and listen to each other.
    it seems either of our parties most of the time would rather cut their own arms off, rather than work together.

I kinda wondered what would happen if there was a way to introduce bills that nether side could tell where or what side it came from, and then see how the voting would go on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Its intentionally and knowingly misleading, which is par for the course.
    Assuming intent is dumb, and I don't see anything misleading about it. Lacking in nuance maybe, but its a throw away talking point.

it seems either of our parties most of the time would rather cut their own arms off, rather than work together.

I kinda wondered what would happen if there was a way to introduce bills that nether side could tell where or what side it came from, and then see how the voting would go on it.
    It'd be pretty easy to figure out which side it come from though, given that both parties are pretty distant in terms of idealogy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. Hahahahahahahahaha. If you honestly believe the Republican Congress is going to produce anything better, you're delusional.

2. Medicaid is vastly superior to the scam plans (which caused masses of bankruptcy) that existed before the PPACA or nothing at all, which is what they had before.
    Given how bad the ACA is that is saying a lot. But your ignorance does not make it fact.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    The same goes for the younger generations aswell.
    What about education costs? What about supporting their family while they get education? Thing simply aren't that simple in reality.

Of course automation is going to happen, and it's coming, but we should encourage the opposite, i have no qualms about forcing incentives and restrictions on businesses to encourage people over automation. There is still some drastic changes needed in western society overall before we can just bend over and accept that people lose their jobs left and right to automation, only to tell them to pick themselves up by their boostraps and just go and get some education in whatever, and Clinton sure as hell did not promise or show any signs of giving a shit about that, Trump did.

You don't prepare for the future by telling lower class workers to fuck themselves and get educated while ignoring everything from education costs to what these people actually want to work with, and everything between.
    Clinton wanted to increases the minimum wage which would've helped those people. She wanted to empower unions that would've fought for those people and even tied her salary to the minimum. She wanted to invest in green energy and infrastructure to create jobs rather than attack and gag climate scientist. After reading through her plans it seems like she did care a lot actually.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Hill...inton_Jobs.htm

This is more expansive but not sure how reputable the site is.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-02-16 at 02:10 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I feel Trump pushed the job promise more than Clinton did.
    I disagree. I think Trump gave them someone to blame. If you look at everything he did, it made some group out to be the "bad" guy. Muslims, Immigrants, Politicians, TPP, etc. You are suffering because of those people or you need to be scared of those people. It's an age old tactic. Give people somewhere to direct their anger. Once people were with like minded people, everything then reinforced those arguments. Fake news, discussions, Comey, etc. People are scared and people are angry. Trump directed those feelings.