Page 49 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Trump is reportedly planning on having a hedge fund manager review US intel services.

If he's planning on going after the intell community he's going to have to bring more than this.
    Not saying Trump is Hitler because while Hitler was a evil prick he was smart.............But....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes, the problem is not only that his supporters no longer care about his wrongdoings, but his party also keeps letting them slip. Most Republicans seem happy with having the president aligned with them, no matter what he and his administration does - and, since they are in the majority in the government, that essentially makes Trump immune from any legal persecution.

This is a weird system, in which all governmental branches are supposed to be independent from each other, but in reality end up being controlled by the two major parties, and if one party happens to control all of them, then the system becomes essentially authoritarian.
    The only thing "Good" that has came out of all of this is that it shows for a 100% fact the current system is fucken broke.

I don't know how to fix it and I'm sure a vast majority don't ether. But something has to fucken give.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Trump is reportedly planning on having a hedge fund manager review US intel services.

If he's planning on going after the intell community he's going to have to bring more than this.
    Lol. You'd think he'd have learned by now not to piss off the IC. We're going to drown in leaks now.

Also, looks like Page might be cracking. https://theintercept.com/2017/02/15/...llary-clinton/

(Not entirely sure about the reliability of the intercept so make of it what you will)

Edit: Nevermind, Page confirmed the document is real and held it up in a recent interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsgSl8s2GeM (3:20) Pretty bizarre interview, he's got that deer-in-the-headlights look and is kind of floundering.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-02-16 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Lol. You'd think he'd have learned by now not to piss off the IC. We're going to drown in leaks now.

Also, looks like Page might be cracking. https://theintercept.com/2017/02/15/...llary-clinton/

(Not entirely sure about the reliability of the intercept so make of it what you will)
    Intercept is reliable. They certainly don't hide their world view, but their facts are solid enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I mean... the issue isn't that he explicitly broke the law, since the law has never really been enforced and likely would not be without some massive pressure and an absolute, unquestionable breach in the law. The problem is that even if he didn't "seal the deal," it sounds like discussions of sanctions came up at one point, and when Pence asked him about it Flynn denied it. His resignation was accepted because he outright lied to the VP and had Pence go public defending him based on this lie.

Intercept is reliable. They certainly don't hide their world view, but their facts are solid enough.
    Yeah, just their association with Greenwald had me sketched out a bit given his recent statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    The FBI already did an investigation into Russian ties and found nothing back in October. This is political theater to slow Trump down and tarnish his image. Its not designed to stick just distract him.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    A current U.S. intelligence official tells NPR's Mary Louise Kelly that there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the transcripts of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, although the official noted that doesn't rule out the possibility of illegal actions.
    ------------------
    Perhaps he'll show this report to the FBI when they question him.

So, assuming this is correct, Trump fired his top advisor for nothing? That's rich.
    For lying. Remember Trump is a businessman and lying to your boss is unacceptable in the world of business. Firing him makes sense if you look at it from his point of view.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-02-16 at 03:39 AM.

Assuming the information we have now is all the information that comes out of this, I wonder if the American people are going to be bowled over by the overhype. If they, in the end, see this as more unjustified hysteria, it only hurts the left. And they're going full bore. Full out, worse-than-Watergate, worse-than-9/11 hysteria. And we don't even know what the communications were yet. You'd think they'd reserve that kind of language for when the damning corruption they seem to believe exists was brought manifest.

And of course the "organic" posts on popular social media sites continue to roll in.... I have to wonder if the left is pushing too hard. I've talked before about turning it up to 11 on everything. If I were the left, I'd save the grim, dark language for when I actually had something. Like the actual communications evidence showing corruption or malfeasance. All of it makes me believe that the left's strategy is to simply bludgeon the public with "scandals", whether with substance or without, in order to paint the picture of Trump that they want Americans to believe.

And that just might work.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-16 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The FBI already did an investigation into Russian ties and found nothing back in October. This is political theater to slow Trump down and tarnish his image. Its not designed to stick just distract him.
    Why do you assume the prior reporting was accurate?

- - - Updated - - -

For lying. Remember Trump is a businessman and lying to your boss is unacceptable in the world of business. Firing him makes sense if you look at it from his point of view.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ce0922a5fe38

Trump says Flynn was treated unfairly, a day after Spicer said he was fired because of a lack of trust
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Assuming the information we have now is all the information that comes out of this, I wonder if the American people are going to be bowled over by the overhype. If they, in the end, see this as more unjustified hysteria, it only hurts the left. And they're going full bore. Full out, worse-than-Watergate, worse-than-9/11 hysteria. And we don't even know what the communications were yet. You'd think they'd reserve that kind of language for when the damning corruption they seem to believe exists was brought manifest.

And of course the "organic" posts on popular social media sites continue to roll in.... I have to wonder if the left is pushing too hard. I've talked before about turning it up to 11 on everything. If I were the left, I'd save the grim, dark language for when I actually had something. Like the actual communications evidence showing corruption or malfeasance. All of it makes me believe that the left's strategy is to simply bludgeon the public with "scandals", whether with substance or without, in order to paint a picture the picture of Trump that they want Americans to believe.

And that just might work.
    Kinda weird to sit there under a complete GOP lock on government and say that overhyped outrage is politically damaging.

Kinda weird to sit there under a complete GOP lock on government and say that overhyped outrage is politically damaging.
    It certainly threatens to undermine their credibility. It also threatens the already tenuous grip the media has on the public's trust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you assume the prior reporting was accurate?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ce0922a5fe38
    Look how fast they caught on this one phone call. If there was a vast conspiracy to steal the election using the Russians they would have already recorded evidence of it long ago and leaked it back during the election not wait till now.

It was unfair how Flynn was treated they spied on him and illegally leaked his conversation. Doesn't make it okay to lie to the VP about it. Trump can feel sympathetic because of what happened with the leaks and media and fire him for being dishonest. Specially because it was probably Pence who pushed Trump to do it which is why it took 15 or so days.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-02-16 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    It certainly threatens to undermine their credibility. It also threatens the already tenuous grip the media has on the public's trust.
    Yeah, if liberals spend years outraged at nonsense they might just wind up controlling the federal government. How terrible for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Look how fast they caught on this one phone call. If their was more they would have already recorded it long ago and leaked it back during the election.
    That's a lot of assumptions.

It was unfair how Flynn was treated they spied on him and illegally leaked his conversation.
    They spied on the Russian government and the FSB. You have a problem with that? And I frankly don't give a shit if someone illegally leaks Trump Administration information.

But Trump didn't really fire him for lying, because he knew about it for weeks. He fired him when the public found out about the lies.

10+ Year Old Account

Correct, but remember he wasn't fired. He was asked to resign. Flynn did so immediately and was ashamed of what he did.

There was no legal basis for it (as you covered), but Trump/Pence wanted him gone for lying and giving MSM ammo to fuel anarchy.

MSM are attack dogs. Easily provoked. They even bite the hand that feeds (their viewerbase) as long as it's profitable. They're called fake news because they have no journalistic integrity and love to jump on "free press" but only when it hurts their paycheck. None of these gutterslime would risk their life or do it for free.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Do we have everything recorded that Obama said to foreign leaders? No? Then what's the difference here?
    Yes. We do.

As has been reported. When someone calls the Russian Ambassador.

THAT CALL IS RECORDED AND TRANSCRIBED.

THATS WHY THEY KNEW HE WAS LYING AND TOLD TRUMP THAT HE WAS SUSCEPTIBLE TO BLACKMAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Perhaps this entire election has been a grand product of my own imagination, but didn't we just elect a president on the basis of OH GOD EVERYONE PANIC YOURE GOING TO BE DESTROYED BY MUSLIMS/LIBERALS/NOT RUSSIA/NATO/BROWN PEOPLE/MEXICANS/CHINA/HILLARY CLINTON/CANADA/FRIENDSHIP AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH ONLY HE CAN SAVE US?
    I'm not so convinced of that. I think there were a lot of quiet supporters who didn't care for a variety of issues that they wouldn't dare voice out loud. Not even to pollsters, it turns out.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-16 at 03:53 AM.

Yeah, if liberals spend years outraged at nonsense they might just wind up controlling the federal government. How terrible for them.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a lot of assumptions.

They spied on the Russian government and the FSB. You have a problem with that? And I frankly don't give a shit if someone illegally leaks Trump Administration information.
    No, Trump does since he's the autocratic Hitler.

But okay. You get your monkey paw wish. You win seats and become the joke party.

Perhaps this entire election has been a grand product of my own imagination, but didn't we just elect a president on the basis of OH GOD EVERYONE PANIC YOURE GOING TO BE DESTROYED BY MUSLIMS/LIBERALS/NOT RUSSIA/NATO/BROWN PEOPLE/MEXICANS/CHINA/HILLARY CLINTON/CANADA/FRIENDSHIP AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH ONLY HE CAN SAVE US?
    That would mean something if the counter campaign wasn't "ERMAGERD HE'S HITLER! HE'S GONNA KILL BROWN PEOPLE! HE'S GOING TO RAPE WOMEN!"

But, I wouldn't expect people that hated Obama being called Hitler and then mimicked it to be honest or consistent.

Ah, well that's good then. See, I had this crazy dream that Donald Trump was elected president and let me tell you it was awful. I guess that's what happens when you're in a coma, but at least Hillary won the election.
    I have to admit, I kinda wish we just had 8 years of some middle-of-the-road, unremarkable president. I think it would do the country good to take a break from the political divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Yeah I know, and then today Trump is calling Flynn "a wonderful man" who was "treated very very unfairly by the media". Not the kind of thing you say about someone you lost trust in and had to fire.
    Trump is trying to drive in the narrative that the media made him fire Flynn.

I'd like you all to think about what that means.

No really. Think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

For lying. Remember Trump is a businessman and lying to your boss is unacceptable in the world of business.
    You don't get fired for lying over something inconsequential. Also, Flynn didn't lie to Trump, he lied to Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You don't get fired for lying over something inconsequential. Also, Flynn didn't lie to Trump, he lied to Pence.
    It's also unclear whether he lied to the FBI or not, which would be a felony.