Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I have to admit, I kinda wish we just had 8 years of some middle-of-the-road, unremarkable president. I think it would do the country good to take a break from the political divisiveness.
    We just did. Conservatives lost their shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It's also unclear whether he lied to the FBI or not, which would be a felony.
    Trump wouldn't fire Flynn for lying to the FBI. His feud with intelligence is legendary. Also, so is his feud with intelligence agencies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if Flynn is going to be bitter, and sell out his former employer on ties to Russia.

Then again, Flynn would probably be found dead due to drowning in his bathtub accidentally if he did that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    4 years was middle of the road. 4 years was hard left turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    4 years was middle of the road. 4 years was hard left turn.
    The only thing particularly "left wing" about Obama's presidency was his recognition and protection for sexual minorities.

Oh come now, Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It's also unclear whether he lied to the FBI or not, which would be a felony.
    to quote the npr article linked previously:
    The New York Times reports Tuesday evening that the FBI questioned Flynn in the early days of the Trump presidency about his conversations. And investigators believe Flynn "was not entirely forthcoming":
    " 'That raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If the authorities conclude that Mr. Flynn knowingly lied to the F.B.I., it could expose him to a felony charge.' "
    sooo it wasnt as cut and dry as some people are trying to say...

10+ Year Old Account

That's a lot of assumptions.

They spied on the Russian government and the FSB. You have a problem with that? And I frankly don't give a shit if someone illegally leaks Trump Administration information.
    Less of an assumption than Trump and the Russians worked to steal the election.

I do have a problem with this actually. This was a Russian ambassador and a US civilian with a clean record not exactly threats to national security. Not to mention they violated their own protocols to do so.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-02-16 at 04:05 AM.

The only thing particularly "left wing" about Obama's presidency was his recognition and protection for sexual minorities.
    I guess backing BLM is a middle road move.

I guess backing BLM is a middle road move.
    Only if you think that opposing increased police oversight is right wing, but I'd be more charitable.

15+ Year Old Account
    They spied on the Russian government and the FSB. You have a problem with that? And I frankly don't give a shit if someone illegally leaks Trump Administration information.
    "Mmmm I just love salty liberal tears! Hillary's dirty laundry got aired on wikileaks and now all the libtards are salty that the truth was exposed, even if it was illegal to leak it and there was nothing damning in those emails. Why do you libtards hate the truth so much? Americans want transparency and truth from their leaders!"

"Flynn was treated so unfairly! Why is the government spying on him illegally?!"

Look how far Trumpkins have come since... 3 months ago. They sure are making a lot of progress on that whole being honest, and wanting truth and transparency from their leaders.

Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-02-16 at 04:11 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Only if you think that opposing increased police oversight is right wing, but I'd be more charitable.
    But you said it was a black civil rights group, not about police oversight.

And I guess calling for burning down white suburbs, smashing property and attacks against cops and whites are an important part of wanting police oversight.

But you said it was a black civil rights group, not about police oversight.

And I guess calling for burning down white suburbs, smashing property and attacks against cops and whites are an important part of wanting police oversight.
    Its almost like there is extreme's in every group and those people make each group look like shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Stop changing your name.
    I can't help it, I just discovered I had jedi powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Wonder if Flynn is going to be bitter, and sell out his former employer on ties to Russia.

Then again, Flynn would probably be found dead due to drowning in his bathtub accidentally if he did that.
    In syndicates like this, one of the main silencing factors is the principle of mutuality: if you sell someone out, then they will sell you out. Pretty sure both Flynn and Trump will be denying everything about both themselves and each other all the way.

And I don't think they are on the level of being ready to kill each other just in case. This is the US politics, after all, not Russian politics; they have to maintain, at least, some (low) level of decency.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its almost like there is extreme's in every group and those people make each group look like shit.
    Too bad everyone is a racist sexist Nazi now or else that would mean something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Go back to Decklan. I can't handle change.
    Only if you go back to your old avatar when I was Decklan. I'll even find the humping unicorn avatar I used back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Want me to list a dozen or so that happened and are documented as part of the historical record? Also, you don't seem to understand how intel works, which includes gov't as well as corporate spying/counterintel, both domestic and foreign.

Here's just a few real conspiracies you can chew on:

- MK-ULTRA
    - Operation Mockingbird
    - Manhattan Project
    - Watergate and Nixon
    - Tuskegee Syphilis Study
    - Operation Northwoods
    - 1990 Testimony of Nayirah
    - COINTELPRO Against Activists in the 60s
    - The Iran-Contra Affair
    - Gulf of Tonkin Incident
    - Operation Gladio
    - The CIA assassinates a lot of people (Church Committee)
    - Operation Paperclip
    "But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    His(Trump) feud with intelligence is legendary.
    Well said, well said indeed.

You want some real political cocaine? Jeff Sessions is in charge of the agencies that are suppose to investigate the campaigns contact with Russia and he won't recuse himself.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.