Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    What's better for the raid is increasing your raid DPS the most. If a warrior is already at the top, giving it to them is still the right decision over any other class. You do want to stack all the DPS you can on your top DPSer.
    So if your top dps dies... it's automatically a wipe? Because even a couple seconds of them not dpsing while being battle ressed is a significant raid-DPS loss?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Even after the lost damage, it's a 50k+ dps gain over alternatives. A DoS for a warrior is like equipping 2 extra legendaries. If you think it's overvalued, it's because you don't know what you're talking about.
    50k? where did you pull that number from. its more like 20k increase over alternatives with same ilvl(for fury). I'm not denying it's bis and a good trinket. People seem to overexaggerate how "huge" of a dps increase it is, making it sound like they get 30% more damage right off the bat just because it shows up high on meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So if your top dps dies... it's automatically a wipe? Because even a couple seconds of them not dpsing while being battle ressed is a significant raid-DPS loss?
    Any DPS dead is a significant raid DPS loss. One DPS dying that does 25% more than your other DPS isn't automatically a wipe any more than any other DPS dying, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    50k? where did you pull that number from. its more like 20k increase over alternatives with same ilvl(for fury). I'm not denying it's bis and a good trinket. People seem to overexaggerate how "huge" of a dps increase it is, making it sound like they get 30% more damage right off the bat just because it shows up high on meters.
    50k is the increase over any other option as Arms, which is huge by any reasonable measure. I seriously doubt it's only 20k for Fury, assuming it's paired with CoF. 40-45k is probably reasonable.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2017-02-15 at 06:03 PM.

It doesn't matter which class benefits more
    It's all about what's better for the raid. If arms warrior is struggling to reach the top of the DPS meters in the raid - give it to them. If they are already at the top - give it to someone else to bring them up. You don't want to stack all DPS on one top dpser.
    Reducing your overall DPS just so everyone can feel equally as good when you constantly wipe on a boss that would die with better loot distribution? Yes, that makes total sense to me.

I believe a friend of mine who main spec Mythic Raids as a Protection Warrior took the next Heroic Drought of Souls after their Arms Warrior got it already.

I know it's a damage increase and haste is very good for Prot Warriors but that sounds like guild drama waiting to happen. I'm sure it's BiS for other DPS classes, and on some encounters a tank would swap to more defensive trinkets.

Also can someone explain why Drought is so good for Fury Warriors? I understand Arms has CS, but what do Fury Warriors do to abuse it?

Deleted
    Avatar 20% + Enrage (based on mastery; im at 44% mastery and it gives 46% bonus dmg) + Frothing Berserker (15%) + +15% dmg during BC from Unrivaled strength since I don't currently have a high US trait relic

So i'm at about 96% dmg increase + Battlecry 100% crit , i'd say pretty similar to arms

and i'm a cow so +2% crit dmg

Really happy I got a 895 version + socket tonight, still playing around but looks pretty nice even without CoF

p.s. Tnx Arbiter for reminding me about US
    Last edited by mmoc3d801aae77; 2017-02-15 at 11:22 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by def1nity View Post
    Avatar 20% + Enrage (based on mastery; im at 44% mastery and it gives 46% bonus dmg) + Frothing Berserker (15%) so i'm at about 81% dmg increase + Battlecry 100% crit , i'd say pretty similar to arms

Really happy I got a 895 version + socket tonight, still playing around but looks pretty nice even without CoF
    Don't forget about Unrivaled Strength. Assuming the trinket scales with it.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-02-15 at 11:22 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by def1nity View Post
    Avatar 20% + Enrage (based on mastery; im at 44% mastery and it gives 46% bonus dmg) + Frothing Berserker (15%) + +15% dmg during BC from Unrivaled strength since I don't currently have a high US trait relic

So i'm at about 96% dmg increase + Battlecry 100% crit , i'd say pretty similar to arms

p.s. Tnx Arbiter for reminding me about US
    Arms and Fury are pretty close, and those bonuses are all multiplicative.

For fury, it's 1.2 * 1.46 * 1.15 * 1.15 = 131.7% increase

Arms is avatar + seasoned soldier + CS = 1.2 * 1.1 * ~2.0(depends on mastery) = 164% increase

Deleted

50k is the increase over any other option as Arms, which is huge by any reasonable measure. I seriously doubt it's only 20k for Fury, assuming it's paired with CoF. 40-45k is probably reasonable.
    Got a 880 one tonight, from what I see it's around a 30-40k dps increase for me from a 875 counterweight (I have lowish mastery, 35% at 895 ilvl). Could be higher as I'm still fucking it up a bit and our tanks tend to just run around with the boss for no fucking reason.

How many raiding guilds have you actually been in where the top dps is somehow more likely to die than other players?

If your top dps by some bizarre set of circumstances is most likely to eat dirt on a pull then sure, give it to someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No,

Context

I raid the same hours as you, we were both there for the kill, why should you get priority over me?

The only way someone should have priority is if it's a massive upgrade for you, and only a small marginal upgrade for me. If its massive for both of us, then tough shit really,

If you're using a DKP or EPGP system and you have more points, then fine,
    You give gear to the person whom having it will most benefit the raid. Assuming equal skill, for Draught, that's an arms warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You give gear to the person whom having it will most benefit the raid. Assuming equal skill, for Draught, that's an arms warrior.
    I'll only agree to this if a guild is doing competitive against another guild or going server firsts.

For the sake of the argument btw, I'd probably give it to the warrior if it was me, although my argument I think is valid for 90% of the guilds out there.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're going for mythic server firsts then no. It should be awarded based on who deserves it the most according to whatever loot system your guild uses.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Unless you're going for mythic server firsts then no. It should be awarded based on who deserves it the most according to whatever loot system your guild uses.
    Aslong as it's in their BiS list.

Taking loot from others just because it's an upgrade while you wait on your BIS stuff is the most douchebag thing you can do to your guildmates.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they should get priority, but it is amazing for warriors and less so for others. That said if you use a system like epgp whomever is on top of the priority list should get it.

Arms and Fury are pretty close, and those bonuses are all multiplicative.

For fury, it's 1.2 * 1.46 * 1.15 * 1.15 = 131.7% increase

Arms is avatar + seasoned soldier + CS = 1.2 * 1.1 * ~2.0(depends on mastery) = 164% increase
    its more like 1.2*1.XX*1.YY*1.15 =~ 114.25% to 169.1% increase for fury.
    XX being your mastery, lower end is ~35, higher end being around 50.
    YY is your BC trait, 1.15 to 1.3, depending on relics.

You cant just give a variable arms number and then ignore variables for fury :]

So for arms it is 10% damage for Season Warrior
    99% damage from CS (what I have
    20% damage from Avatar

That 15% from the level 54 artifact weapon is already factored in DoS's damage, would we count that towards it?

And anything else I missed on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    That 15% from the level 54 artifact weapon is already factored in DoS's damage, would we count that towards it?
    I'd say yeah, already included as it's passive for all damage dealt (and not exclusive to dps warriors)... for fury it be: BC, +crit dmg trait during BC, Avatar, enrage. Arms might include any traits a la the BC one for fury?

It doesn't matter which class benefits more
    It's all about what's better for the raid. If arms warrior is struggling to reach the top of the DPS meters in the raid - give it to them. If they are already at the top - give it to someone else to bring them up. You don't want to stack all DPS on one top dpser.
    literally the opposite to this, your top dps is invariably the best player, thus items to that player give a larger dps increase and thus a larger raid dps increase.
    10% of 600k is far higher than 10% of 400k and if you multiply that across the 5 best players in the raid you get significant gains.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    literally the opposite to this, your top dps is invariably the best player
    I do not follow the logic. Being luckier with RNG gods doesn't make one the best player.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side