Arcanocrystal is the real legendary trinket

•Executioner's Precision (Rank 1) Execute causes your next Mortal Strike to deal 0% more damage. 50% more damage.

While this new trait looks super sweet, it could also be bad news for Execute Ring holders ... I mean, 50% damage on top of 90% (3 FR) plus 30% increased damage/crit from Shattered Defenses. That's a total of 170% damage to MS with 30% crit. Haven't mentioned Avatar's 20% increased damage either.

Thoughts?

So... New set bonuses...

I mean wtf is that bullshit? I just don't have any proper words for it.

Item - Warrior T20 Arms 2P Bonus (New) Colossus Smash reduces the cooldown of Ravager by 1.2 sec.
    Item - Warrior T20 Arms 4P Bonus (New) While Ravager is active, you automatically cast a total of 4 Mortal Strikes at random nearby enemies.

The ONLY logical explanation for this would be that Ravager being a core ability, not a talent, but there is no such information.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    So... New set bonuses...

I mean wtf is that bullshit? I just don't have any proper words for it.

Item - Warrior T20 Arms 2P Bonus (New) Colossus Smash reduces the cooldown of Ravager by 1.2 sec.
    Item - Warrior T20 Arms 4P Bonus (New) While Ravager is active, you automatically cast a total of 4 Mortal Strikes at random nearby enemies.

The ONLY logical explanation for this would be that Ravager being a core ability, not a talent, but there is no such information.
    Wowhead shows the bonus applying to Bladestorm - I guess it would change to Ravager if you take that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Conniption View Post
    Wowhead shows the bonus applying to Bladestorm - I guess it would change to Ravager if you take that talent.
    Oh, didn't know that, thanks.

P4 feels, dunno, okayish kinda, but P2 is absolutely horrible imo.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-02-15 at 07:48 PM.

From Wowhead:

NEW Item - Warrior T20 Arms 2P Bonus Colossus Smash reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm by 2.0 sec.
    NEW Item - Warrior T20 Arms 4P Bonus While Bladestorm is active, you automatically cast a total of 6 Mortal Strikes at random nearby enemies.

This is so much better! I like this a lot. I wonder if those six MS would also apply to one target provided they are the only enemy in range/getting hit by BS. Damn, make sure you have CS up on the target before you BS!

2 seconds off BS for each CS feels very underwhelming.

This is what I know about how the bonus works:

- The MS procs are cast throughout the duration (not all at once)
    - Things like SD and FR only affect the first MS proc
    - Legendary gloves proc off each of the MS (subject to change)
    - Sweeping Strikes work with the bonus

This is all subject to change based on tuning.

Deleted
    Perhaps it will be worth more on the 20% bladestorm buff from the artifact?

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is only one target, do the MS hit the same target multiple times? Does that mean that Bladestorm is viable in ST?

Also good news finally a CD reduction to BS, but why tag it to a Setbonus? Id rather have it as a Artifact trait reducing CD by 10 secs per point spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    From Wowhead:

NEW Item - Warrior T20 Arms 2P Bonus Colossus Smash reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm by 2.0 sec.
    NEW Item - Warrior T20 Arms 4P Bonus While Bladestorm is active, you automatically cast a total of 6 Mortal Strikes at random nearby enemies.

This is so much better! I like this a lot. I wonder if those six MS would also apply to one target provided they are the only enemy in range/getting hit by BS. Damn, make sure you have CS up on the target before you BS!
    6 Mortal Strikes at 1 second intervals seems pretty legit - but yes the 2P CS CD reduction seems underwhelming and, unlike some previous set bonuses that were appealing as a standalone buff, this one seems too tied to the 4P. It may also add some level of frustration since our most RNG move, CS, which our entire DPS rotation revolves around, is now also tied to another DPS mechanic... low CS procs = higher BS CD = less use of the 4P.

Additionally, this bonus will also have interesting implications on trinket choice. Since BS limits our ability to activate trinkets, our BS CD (which will be unpredictable in longer fights due to the RNG of CS) will now complete with our other high DPS activvated trinkets (mostly talking Draught here) for our BC window. With the 4P this may make passive trinkets more valuable.

Finally, will these bonuses make other more AOE-centric builds more viable? That can be a lot of opportunity strikes within a small window...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    ravager could shine now, less cd, and you can attack while it is casting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    ravager could shine now, less cd, and you can attack while it is casting
    You'll break the deadly calm Anger managment combo though

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    But you will be able to line up BC with both the 4P and an active trinket, i.e. draught, on a single target...

Small tip but it might make a difference:
    Gul'dan bonus roll: Set it to Fury. Fury has 5 items, Arms 7. You're only missing out on 2 relics (which are crap imo) and increase the chance of getting DoS when it doesn't roll gold. Or in other words the 5 Fury items are identical with Arms. Got the ring today (920), still good, but no DoS (after 5 weeks).

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the Compendium, the Slam relic is sort of 2nd best after exploit the weakness. I wouldn't say they're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    If the idea is to bladestorm during BC wouldn't that make deadly calm like 50% effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    If the idea is to bladestorm during BC wouldn't that make deadly calm like 50% effective?
    Was thinking the same thing ... then you could go with Titanic talent if that happens. Question is, how many CS procs do we average every minute ...

I mean all cds and ravager with 6 mortals that can proc sweeping strikes sounds pretty fucking crazy. Throw in Draught and dayum

I've already been using Ravager on some fights in NH with DoS and the burst is absolutely disgusting(Amazing) pretty sure Ravager is on par with anger management on most NH fights
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch