Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I love how the Nintendo fanboys are all stuck in the past and can't handle Nintendo finally getting with the times.
    Implying DLC is a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It's neither inherently good nor bad. There's plenty of games that have delivered fantastic DLC that provides a ton of content for very reasonable prices, and plenty of others that overcharge for low quality, tiny DLC updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Offering DLC and a season pass is hardly questionable. If they packaged it only in a pass then it would be but you can always simply buy it piece meal or not at all.
    Unless I misunderstood it, this content is only with the pass.

Not going to let this destroy my enjoyment of the final game, but will still be a blemish at the back of my mind. Hopefully Nintendo gets into the habit after Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to do more Complete Editions and Switch ports and this is one of them down the line if this becomes more of the norm for first party titles.

(also on a more personal level, I just prefer the idea of certain games just being one complete neat package and Nintendo games above-all would usually fit that mold, especially considering how popular and re playable they are even years/decades later)
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2017-02-14 at 10:20 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adding basic features like difficulty modes as paid DLC is fucking terrible. This is not Nintendo 'getting with the times'. It is Nintendo continuing to be money grubbing fuckwads. The worst part is just like EA and others, so many of us will still pay for it that they'll keep doing it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That's because you're thinking about it how they want you to, rather than how those who are complaining are thinking about it, namely that they're selling only part of the game at full price, then selling us the rest later when it should have been in the full game to begin with
    the only thing in the season pass i believe should have been in the base game is hard mode, and only if said hard mode is a simple enemy damage additive and less hearts, if its something like master quest or different enemies in different locations/different weapons ect then thats fine
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Adding basic features like difficulty modes as paid DLC is fucking terrible. This is not Nintendo 'getting with the times'. It is Nintendo continuing to be money grubbing fuckwads. The worst part is just like EA and others, so many of us will still pay for it that they'll keep doing it.
    Remember the golden rule of gaming: "It's okay when Nintendo does it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Sad thing is there is a large number of people that believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's neither inherently good nor bad. There's plenty of games that have delivered fantastic DLC that provides a ton of content for very reasonable prices, and plenty of others that overcharge for low quality, tiny DLC updates.
    I'm still a firm believer that if no game had DLC today, the games would mysteriously see a lot of these "DLC" updates as content the developer/producers felt added value to the product, and found project time to add in. You also would be getting them for the base cost of the game, the flat $60 or whatever the market price was.

Overall, I think the main issue is that a post-launch option exists for publishers. They can save project hours which originally were meant for the Dev team to include enough value in the product to entice the consumer to spend $60. Pre-digital DLC, you had to have a solid enough of a product to make enough profit to cover all the project hours spent in developing it. Today, you're able to shave off some features that likely aren't that important and save some budget, and later if you want, ship those features off digitally for a better financial return on your time invested (as DLC price tags are often 20-30% of the base price tag, not too shabby). It feels like publishers/developers have to care less about what they ship on day 1 in terms of value, when they know later on they can just ship a random DLC patch because a ton of people bought a season pass due to how widely accepted those are these days.

It feels like publishers/developers have to care less about what they ship on day 1 in terms of value, when they know later on they can just ship a random DLC patch because a ton of people bought a season pass due to how widely accepted those are these days.
    It doesn't 'feel like' that, that is the modern status quo. "Its just horse armour dont be a whiny hater" people said...

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Do you read the Switch thread? Apparently not. "Online paid service? FUCKING DOOMSDAY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Do you read the Switch thread? Apparently not. "Online paid service? FUCKING DOOMSDAY!"
    When your online service is ass you can't expect people to want to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    When your online service is ass you can't expect people to want to pay for it.
    Offering something better for some money might... gasp... be worth it.

Oh yes better, by locking features behind a phone app still using the same asshat eshop system?

So where is this evidence that Switch online is going to be better then previous Nintendo online efforts? Because they're charging for it? LOL.

There's no evidence showing the online will be better. The only reason they stated it was switching to paid was to keep the servers up because they cost money
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

DeNA is infamous for being terrible at this kind of thing. If you think Nintendo paying for it will suddenly undo all their problems that get them a rep worse than nexons then you are overly optimistic. Brand Loyalty based on a brand name is not the road to wise purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That's because you're thinking about it how they want you to, rather than how those who are complaining are thinking about it, namely that they're selling only part of the game at full price, then selling us the rest later when it should have been in the full game to begin with. $80 for the full game is a lot of money, more than most gamers expect to pay. The season pass system also means buying these vaguely teased "extra things" without really knowing what they are (I mean come on, a "map feature?"), for a game that you may not end up enjoying, along with features you don't want with no option to buy separately.
    Or this could be extra stuff that started getting worked on post going gold, or stuff that was cut from the game. In the past they used cut content for future releases. WW dungeon was cut and ended up in TP. With the game delayed as long as it was, and another few months so it could make it day one for Switch, I highly doubt any of the stuff in the season pass was material cut specifically with the notion to sell it back later. If it were, it would be released sooner than summer and winter.

- - - Updated - - -

It certainly can be. It adds longevity to a one and done game. It can bring us content and ideas that were scrapped and my never see the light of day. I mean, PC games used to get expansion packs that might be big might be small. The usually sold for a few bucks less than full priced games. They contained they same stuffs. Everyone seemed to love the idea back in the day. More content for a game they like. Now that it's called DLC, offered up in smaller and usually quicker chunks, people think it's bad. I get it that the horse armor types of DLC may not shed it in a positive light, and the few games that had the DLC already on the disk, did no favors either. Overall, I feel its a good thing.

Just as a heads up. Someone is leaking the Wii U version. Be careful, especially if you are trying to avoid spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Just as a heads up. Someone is leaking the Wii U version. Be careful, especially if you are trying to avoid spoilers.
    Great, social media minefield for 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Great, social media minefield for 2 weeks.
    Someone allegedly leaked it. We haven't seen any clear evidence to support that claim though.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552