Patch 2.7
    Rare heirloom primal ancient legendary

Patch 2.8
    Ultra rare heirloom primal ancient legendary

Patch 2.9
    Forgotten ultra rare heirloom primal ancient legendary

Patch 3.0
    Forgotten PvP
    Don't think so. until the go "full WoW" and basically add tier sets tied to solo GR completion, the feedback for Primals made them clear that a power creep of this kind is simply unwanted by every single player.

Current Primal implementation that has next to zero impact on power creep is something i can like and a long term objective to pursue for everyone.

Lol your comment was one of the first reaction popping onto official forums XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I'd guess 2.6 will be Challenge Rifts, 2.7 probably along with Necro.

BTW Solo GRs across the seasons
    -snip-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...dder_overview/
    Pretty clear that GR scaling makes power creep stop - and i'm more than fine with that. Obviously over time NS clear will raise due to Paragon and everything else, plus some new items or builds popping out but that's fine because it's becomes slower and slower over time. Worth noting how S6 was the Twister season and how Archon is OP for every Wizard build.

Side note: Primals as "ancient ancients" would have net a measly 2 levels increase in clearings so even in the wrong way they werent much of an impact. Current design will have even less if no impact. Some classes definitely needs some more love but in the end all of them are pretty much on spot.
    Also, if a class has one of the "meta" 4 man builds, you'll see higher clears just for the increased Paragon farming and gem leveling. Don't forget that solo ladders are trumped by people who farm 4man all the time.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/t...ge=20#post-381

"Hey all,

As we mentioned previously, getting your feedback on Primal Ancients has been super helpful. We’ve heard some really good points, and along with this, we’ll be making some changes to how these items work in an upcoming PTR patch.

Rather than increase the power they give you beyond Ancient items, Primal Ancients will now instead roll perfect Ancient-level stats tailored to the character class you’re playing when the item first drops. Rerolling any of these at the Mystic will also yield only perfect rolls.

Along with this, these items will be even more rare than they currently are, and will only begin dropping after a character on your account has completed Greater Rift 70 solo (with separate unlocks for Hardcore and normal characters).

Finally, we hear you on wanting Ancient and Primal Ancient items to salvage into something more valuable. With the upcoming PTR patch, Ancient items will salvage into 3 Forgotten Souls, and Primal Ancients will salvage into 15 Forgotten Souls (yay reforging \o/).

We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback once you’ve had a chance to test these changes. Thanks again, and happy hunting."

Looks like they listened to this primal ancient arguement

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't think so. until the go "full WoW" and basically add tier sets tied to solo GR completion, the feedback for Primals made them clear that a power creep of this kind is simply unwanted by every single player.
    Yeah, that was just a joke. Though I wouldn't see more and more RNG in D3.

Current Primal implementation that has next to zero impact on power creep is something i can like and a long term objective to pursue for everyone.
    That would be fine.

Lol your comment was one of the first reaction popping onto official forums XD
    What did you mean? Didn't see anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What did you mean? Didn't see anything like it.
    First threads (locked or dropped down) were all about new names for following tiers of ancients. "Dinosaur Ancient" was the most upvoted :P

Sooo you have to do the GR70 solo on season, which means most people will be about done with their journey by then, which means they're about to lose interest in the game. In other words, they might aswell not exist for the average player. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Atleast nice to see some GR changes being made so that they'll feel more consistent. Also like that they're still looking at Holy Point Shot, since it definitly needs more in order to not just be a Forgotten Soul at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Sooo you have to do the GR70 solo on season, which means most people will be about done with their journey by then, which means they're about to lose interest in the game. In other words, they might aswell not exist for the average player. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Atleast nice to see some GR changes being made so that they'll feel more consistent. Also like that they're still looking at Holy Point Shot, since it definitly needs more in order to not just be a Forgotten Soul at this point.
    Not everything needs to be designed for the average player. If random dipshit mcdoodlepants wants to hit it and quit it for a season then that is working as intended. There is no sub, the game is designed for the average player to pick it up every few months, remember the fun for a few weeks then break until next season. This generation of periodic interest is a way to keep sales on new things when they come without putting real effort into development.

Personally I like the new idea of primal ancients rolling perfect stats. It provides a goal to work towards outside of ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Not everything needs to be designed for the average player. If random dipshit mcdoodlepants wants to hit it and quit it for a season then that is working as intended. There is no sub, the game is designed for the average player to pick it up every few months, remember the fun for a few weeks then break until next season. This generation of periodic interest is a way to keep sales on new things when they come without putting real effort into development.

Personally I like the new idea of primal ancients rolling perfect stats. It provides a goal to work towards outside of ladders.

Why does random dipshit mcdoodlepants care for endless difficulty, paragon, gems/caldessans and leaderboards? Right, he doesn't. Primals were a chance to give some depth, direction and retention to the game but instead we get another 0.x%, rng-based, upgrade of items that we already have and you only start getting them when most players start getting burned out. It's as you said though, the game isn't sub based and they'll only really care about the necro pack selling well, so why put real effort into this new itemization.

Well, solo GR70 is pretty much baseline and if you're (generic "you") not able to do it you have either a) played not much or b) playing a very undeperforming build.

Primals are just a very long term RNG lottery for the few people who care about long term gameplay. Top players on leaderboards don't even need them because they have already perfectly rolled legendaries.

The biggest complain about Primals was to not make them mandatory for Ladders (as first iteration was), now they will have next to zero impact while providing some sort of carrot on a stick for long term players.

Anyway i agree - they bring literally nothing to the table. Most people will stick to their "do season and leave" schedule, with some still going for ladders and the occasional Primal drop for the lulz which will go into shards if not rolled with the right stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had some interest for Primal Ancients, but now that they are just "ancients with "tailored" max stats" after completing GR70 with low drop chances.. they might not even exist for me at this point. So eh, hopefully those who are going to use them have fun.

Maybe I'll get to that point once they release Necromancer, none of the current playstyles really interest me. Shadow DH seemed nice, but it's not really performing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Had some interest for Primal Ancients, but now that they are just "ancients with "tailored" max stats" after completing GR70 with low drop chances.. they might not even exist for me at this point. So eh, hopefully those who are going to use them have fun.

Maybe I'll get to that point once they release Necromancer, none of the current playstyles really interest me. Shadow DH seemed nice, but it's not really performing well.
    They are more interesting now imho than before, but hey, personal opinion. As for Shadow DH, it performs really well - not at LoN FoK level, but it's viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for Shadow DH, it performs really well - not at LoN FoK level, but it's viable.
    Been a while since I actually tried it, think it was when they introduced it - just haven't really seen any Impale DH's around.

I might give it a try again in next season once this patch goes live.

Been a while since I actually tried it, think it was when they introduced it - just haven't really seen any Impale DH's around.

I might give it a try again in next season once this patch goes live.
    Impale is not used actually. It's basically a FoK build which has a peculiar playstyle and it's decently entertaining. If you're not aiming to push super high then it's fun enough to play.

I really hope for Holy Point Shot to be good and make Impale S6 a thing.

Anyway - this is a farm build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/821...-torment-12-13

This is slightly oputdated (2.4.2) but shadow set didn't receive any change so it should be working https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWZB6OAjIA

10+ Year Old Account
    Impale is not used actually. It's basically a FoK build which has a peculiar playstyle and it's decently entertaining. If you're not aiming to push super high then it's fun enough to play.
    Updated and logged to PTR - saw "Rank 2: Impale DH GR92 11:18" on solo DH leaderboards.

Sadly PTR is showing "1 hour 15 minutes" wait time to get into game, so eh.

Which is the build i had in mind can you check if he's using lighting or cold damage Impale?

EDIT: a GR92 with a 2600+ paragon is kinda on the low side anyway though i don't know how well rolled is his gear or if it's ancient or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is the build i had in mind can you check if he's using lighting or cold damage Impale?
    Lightning rune on Impale.

Lightning rune on Impale.
    Hm, i suppose is more reliable with hits.

Well, solo GR70 is pretty much baseline and if you're (generic "you") not able to do it you have either a) played not much or b) playing a very undeperforming build.

Primals are just a very long term RNG lottery for the few people who care about long term gameplay. Top players on leaderboards don't even need them because they have already perfectly rolled legendaries.

The biggest complain about Primals was to not make them mandatory for Ladders (as first iteration was), now they will have next to zero impact while providing some sort of carrot on a stick for long term players.

Anyway i agree - they bring literally nothing to the table. Most people will stick to their "do season and leave" schedule, with some still going for ladders and the occasional Primal drop for the lulz which will go into shards if not rolled with the right stats.
    Yeah, pretty much. GR70 requirement is fine, even adds an extra incentive for players to reach GR70 (which is great), I just think it's silly to have it gate an item type unlock that, most of the time, will just be 15 forgotten souls. Heck even if it's the correct item it might not even be good because D3 has such a narrow set of stats that you want on an item. No CDR=no perma vengeance=unuseable, Socket/CHD/CC+CDR or AED>almost any other stat you can roll on a ring,... Anyway, this is probably the version of Primals that'll go live, no use in me thinking about what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. GR70 requirement is fine, even adds an extra incentive for players to reach GR70 (which is great), I just think it's silly to have it gate an item type unlock that, most of the time, will just be 15 forgotten souls. Heck even if it's the correct item it might not even be good because D3 has such a narrow set of stats that you want on an item. No CDR=no perma vengeance=unuseable, Socket/CHD/CC+CDR or AED>almost any other stat you can roll on a ring,... Anyway, this is probably the version of Primals that'll go live, no use in me thinking about what could have been.
    Let's hope this is just a stepping stone to other things in the future.

Deleted
    I just don't like the idea of Primal ancients at all. It seems to me that Blizzard is running out of new item ideas. I think that Diablo 3's lifespan is getting shorter and shorter. Still, it is a good idea for people who still enjoy the game because of the hunt for these items, but it is not that enticing for the general populace. It is already so hard to get an ancient item that rolled pretty good stats, and they just added another layer of difficulty with these new ancients. Oh well, I hope that this breathes new life to a dying game.