Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    None of that sounds particularly entertaining. I was getting tired of dungeons anyhow, and already skip volcanic weeks.

Deleted
    As a tank handling necrotic last week it was infuriating to hear mages complain about volcanic coming up the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    10% over 4 seconds=2.5% per second...

You would have to kill 10-20 mobs without ever letting the debuff drop before it became much of an issue and how many instances have pulls like that?? Even the first pull in maw is only like 18 mobs and could probably still be done with a healer CD...

Just don't be a Mongaloid and its fine. I mean in super high 15+ your not often killing more than 3-6 mobs at a time so it basically a dead affix on High M+ at all for the most part.
    I am not sure if you really thought this through. Even a single mob that adds 2.5% per second means (assuming all players have 3M life) you require additional 2.5%*3m*5players=375k hps.
    If you kill 4 mobs at the same time, you would need additional 1.5m hps. And it's not like healers are twiddling thumbs in the higher level mythics anyway, that damage just adds to the normal damage. It's insane, unless it somehow is mitigatable by armor (and then it would heavily favour high armor classes).

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Melee have their volcanic now
    But Melees were already affected by Volcanic either way...?

Trying to limit the "rush comp" / "rush feeling" in M+ by adding affixes ?

Blizzard, just change the complete system. The timery system is just an incentive to group only rushy classes and forgetting about controls...
    Simply change the way the rewards work, and instead of basing them on time spent, base them on something else. For example, 3 chests if no one died during the dungeon, or maybe multiple criterias : 1 chest if no one dies, 1 chest if done under xx min, 1 chest if no consumable used... We could even think about "Achievement-like criterias", 1 chest if xxx boss was killed without killing its adds, but maybe it would be way too many work for Blizzard.
    These things, in my opinion, would diversify the gameplay during dungeons and make them more interesting than this "avoid everything not needed for the advancement, pull everything as fast as possible, only top-notch dps classes required" nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    But Melees were already affected by Volcanic either way...?
    No, melees weren't, unless your Ranged specifically standed where melees were. (which is absolutely not a bad way to have some fun while playing world of meleecraft)
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-02-16 at 10:17 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

More annoying affixes :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyxut View Post
    After some quick googling I found:

Fel Explosives: While in combat, enemies periodically summon an Explosive Orb that will explode if not destroyed. Guess you just switch target and kill them asap?
    Grievous: While below 90% health players are afflicted with Grievous Wound. Like a bleed debuff I guess?
    Quaking: Periodically players will explode and damage nearby allies. Will be aids for melee!
    Bursting: When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks. RIP mass pulls!

That's what I found. No numbers in terms of damage or such though!

Added Bursting for those that might want that info!
    You forgot Relentless, here's the whole list:

Bursting - When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks.
    Explosive Fel (New) - While in combat, enemies periodically summon an Explosive Orb that will explode if not destroyed.
    Grievous (New) - While below 90% health players are afflicted with Grievous Wound.
    Quaking (New) - Periodically players in the zone will explode and damage nearby allies.
    Relentless (New) - Non-boss enemies are granted temporary immunity to Loss of Control effects.
    Source: www(dot)mmo-champion(dot)com/content/6307-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23478

Relentless is going to be interesting, stuns won't be as overpowered any more...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, melees weren't, unless your Ranged specifically standed where melees were. (which is absolutely not a bad way to have some fun while playing world of meleecraft)
    Volcanic targets anyone who's at a distance from an enemy they are in combat with, as a tank this happens to me all the time, not as much as ranged but multiple times per run. For example the moment Warlord Parjesh summons his adds volcanic can spawn on the whole group, melee included.

The equivalent for volcanic for melee is more like skittish, as volcanic means ranged dps will lose damage from having to move, and skittish means melee will overaggro more easily (and immediately die as the mobs don't have to move anywhere to start attacking them).

Also it doesn't look like you can avoid quaking, so it's more of a, don't stack on top of each other or it will be hell for the healer, unlike volcanic which is completely avoidable. So it ends up more with a, don't bring more than one melee dps than anything.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-02-16 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    It doesn't matter where your ranges are standing. If you are in melee range with all mobs you won't get volcanic. Doesn't matter if you are a mage or a rogue. We usually have our warlocks and mages in melee in volcanic weeks so they don't have to stop casting. If 1 or more mobs aren't in melee of you, you can spawn them below you, which makes pulls with several ranged mobs really annoying for melees and tanks, because you can hardly see that shit with all the ground effects on some fights.

Edit: Relentless with Necrotic could be fucking terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    It doesn't matter where your ranges are standing. If you are in melee range with all mobs you won't get volcanic.
    Yeah but that practically never happens. Almost all pulls have ranged mobs of mobs that jump backwards, summon adds, whatever. It is very rarely possible to position all mobs to melee of all players. And we also must consider cleave effects and attacks that force you to move, breaking the melee range.
    Volcanic affects everyone, but of course ranged suffer more. Especially healers, who may not have the luxury to interrupt a cast without killing someone.
    Last edited by Zka; 2017-02-16 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    I wasn't saying that it wasn't a ranged focused affix. I was arguing specifically against the idea of a range dropping them in the melee camp that someone brought up.

Bursting needs to stack by just increasing duration. Instead of 10% health over 4 seconds, 20% over 4 seconds, 30% over 4 seconds it should just last longer.

One mob: 10% over four seconds. Two mobs: 20% over 8 seconds. Three mobs: 30% over 12 seconds, etc.

With the forced playstyle of m+ in order to make timers, this directly contradicts how pulls NEED to be made on high keystones. It just needs to last longer and be a constant pain for healers that have their group constantly taking damage for most of the run, but having 8 mobs be 80% health over 10 seconds seems pretty stupid when you consider the fact that a 5 to 8-mob back isn't that uncommon and is practically a requirement for some runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people seem to already hate Bursting.
    Hi

Deleted
    I honestly like affixes that force you to pull differently, in that regard I'm looking forward to bursting. Especially target calling them Il'gynoth style. "Ok dot is down, now kill those 3", "heal cd is up we can do a 10 stack" and stuff like that.

Edit: @Extremity, if it would just add duration, then it would be just 2.5% max HP per sec ticking damage over the entire dungeon. That is just nothing and not interesting. All decision making goes out of the window and it is just something the healer has to deal with, because realistically speaking you can't drop the dot anyway and there probably isn't even a reason to.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-02-16 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't get why people seem to already hate Bursting.
    Because it's shit?
    Anything that's a percentage of your health is shit. It basically negates gearing and you can be demolished by some shitty +7 mobs if you pull too many even if you're a 920 bear tank. This is just all around garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    bolstering is completely ignorable, when you have good dps, who know how to take everything low before killing anythings, sanguine is completely ignorable if you have decent tank, volcanic is just annoying and not pushing you to the limits... see my point now?
    I'm sorry what

Bolstering explicitly limits your dps BECAUSE you are taking everything low before killing it and doing much smaller pulls as a result. It's not fun or particularly challenging, but it's pretty much one of the least 'ignorable' affixes. It also makes it a complete chore to do low level keys when you have to treat them similar to high ones.

Outside of that, bolstering / sanguine have niche challenges (Which is why sanguine is becoming larger rather than removed). At a relevant difficulty you will opt to bolster other mobs by focus targeting much deadlier ones (inquisitors in arcway, f.ex.). Sanguine has the risk / pain of a ranged getting stuck in a pool of sanguines and either requiring LoS (a detour to say the least) or powering through the sanguine effect. The damage should hit players quicker too, in my opinion. You can walk straight through before it ticks currently (you won't be able to due to size in 7.2 most likely, but point stands about the time taken to hit)

Volcanic is all about catching you off guard. Noones ever really complained about the lost dps time, and healers aren't too bothered by it OTHER than when the boss is causing similar effects (Raging / Volcanic / Tyrannical week on last boss EoA f.ex.) to reduce healing time. The point of the affix is to force you always remain aware to stuff on the floor, rather than just to the specific instances you know will occur. This goes doubly for when mobs are already in combat and proc volcanic the moment you enter line of sight but haven't yet engaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I honestly like affixes that force you to pull differently, in that regard I'm looking forward to bursting. Especially target calling them Il'gynoth style. "Ok dot is down, now kill those 3", "heal cd is up we can do a 10 stack" and stuff like that.

Edit: @Extremity, if it would just add duration, then it would be just 2.5% max HP per sec ticking damage over the entire dungeon. That is just nothing and not interesting. All decision making goes out of the window and it is just something the healer has to deal with, because realistically speaking you can't drop the dot anyway and there probably isn't even a reason to.
    Whatever, at least cap it at 4 or something. Infinitely stacking is just as ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    Because it's shit?
    Anything that's a percentage of your health is shit. It basically negates gearing and you can be demolished by some shitty +7 mobs if you pull too many even if you're a 920 bear tank. This is just all around garbage.
    That's a good point. Hopefully the devs will receive (and read..) some feedback so we avoid situations like this.

I'm pretty happy that we're getting new affixes though since I'm personally a fan of higher Mythic+ dungeons.

With the artifact trait for +crit on holy word: serenity, I'm pleased to see that one gone. Life getting hairy? Much damage all around? Do you play chicken with the top or bottom of that dps's health pool? Needing a 3 minute cooldown (guardian spirit/apotheosis) because someone used a health potion/personal healing cooldown? Not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am not sure if you really thought this through. Even a single mob that adds 2.5% per second means (assuming all players have 3M life) you require additional 2.5%*3m*5players=375k hps.
    If you kill 4 mobs at the same time, you would need additional 1.5m hps. And it's not like healers are twiddling thumbs in the higher level mythics anyway, that damage just adds to the normal damage. It's insane, unless it somehow is mitigatable by armor (and then it would heavily favour high armor classes).
    if you have just killed 4 mobs in a high level mythic that usually means almost all the damage is over..... I mean outside maybe Teeming how many pulls are there in 12+'s that you pull more than 6 mobs?? We have been grinding 13-16's all day and I can't remember more than 2 pulls that had more than 7 mobs... and Both of them were in DHT....

Court Mana Worms too if you want to count them but you can do that in 2 pull instead of 1....

Maybe the little demons in Court too but those all die at once and come in packs of 8 so still not enough to even kill you without any healing since your most likely topped when they die...

I mean I know you want to make it out like this affix is some OMG everyone is gonna die but its really not... Its Bolstering Jr when it comes to having to do VERY slightly smaller pulls. and Mobs have to die within 4 seconds of each other to refresh.... for anyone who has done Mythic Eye boss knows that 4 seconds may seem like alot but in the middle of a real pull its really not...

If anything the affix is cancer when doing Low Mythics 2-9 where you want to Mongol pull.... In high Mythics its overflowing 2.0
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-02-17 at 12:59 AM.